• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:00 PM

View Postadamts01, on 20 December 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

What is TUK?

Tukayyid..that big CW event the clans won twice now. Despite higher tonnage on the IS side.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 20 December 2015 - 01:00 PM.

#22 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:06 PM

Whine Amount: 8.6
Valid Argument: 4.3
Anger Expression: 5.8
Fair Use of Caps Lock: 8.1
Noobish Things: 9001 (You Liked Your Own Post)

#23 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

OK. I'm not referring to Clans being better or worse than IS. I just can't believe what PGI is doing. They chose to make Clan = IS in solo and group que, so they try to balance them as equals, fine, whatever. But now, they give IS extra tonnage in CW because Clan is better?... They need to decide.

#24 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 December 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

Tukayyid..that big CW event the clans won twice now. Despite higher tonnage on the IS side.

^^^^

#25 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

Its well known that the Clans have had a larger number of organized and high skilled units playing during Tukayyid, most notably because Clan wait times have been lower BOTH times during it.

If you split skilled teams into 2 groups in an evenly balanced game (not saying this one is) that is identical on each side and placed a larger number of higher skilled teams on one side, you can't blame balance for it.

While MWO isn't identically balanced, saying one side is better than the other while having different player compositions is a joke. Just like how we saw the quirks over power several IS mechs and suddenly a large number of skilled units switched to IS and Clans began getting pushed back in CW not long ago.

The game is being balanced with players factored in, which is a major issue because a good player is stronger in the same mech than a weaker player is. A Tier 1 player will make better use of a Nova than a Tier 5 player. Its made worse because its a small player base and unlike games such as CoD or Battlefield with their immense playerbase, you can't balance a game around the players, you have to balance the game itself first by numbers and then by play testing the mech in a closed environment.

Edited by MauttyKoray, 20 December 2015 - 01:32 PM.

#26 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 December 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

That's because IS players suck but they only suck during events. On the none event days IS mechs are OP and clan players can't ever win.

#27 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 20 December 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

That's because IS players suck but they only suck during events. On the none event days IS mechs are OP and clan players can't ever win.

#28 Lucifaust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 116 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

Clan has been nerfed into the ground

IS Steam PUGS, yes STEAM NUBS, are shtting on everything clan by bringing in armies of king f*cking crabs, quickdraws, atlases, no matter how good clan is, our mechs are too fragile to handle the ridiculous buffs IS has gotten

Annnd that's why I stopped playing CW until PGI fixes the balance of power between IS and Clan, right now it's IS prime time and I don't like playing with no chance of victory.

Edited by Lucifaust, 20 December 2015 - 03:04 PM.

#29 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostPardomaru, on 20 December 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

So you nerf clan XL engines, nerf clan double heatsinks, give IS mechs more and more and more free structure and armor and mobility quirks and now like all that wasnt enough you increase the IS drop tonnage in CW to 265 tons?
REALLY?
Do you really want clan pilots to stop playing overall?
How many more buffs to IS and nerf to clans do you have to give them before they will be satisfied?

Posted Image

#30 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:12 PM

View Postadamts01, on 20 December 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

What is TUK?

#31 Pardo Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:18 PM

View PostLucifaust, on 20 December 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

IS Steam PUGS, yes STEAM NUBS, are shtting on everything clan by bringing in armies of king f*cking crabs, quickdraws, atlases, no matter how good clan is, our mechs are too fragile to handle the ridiculous buffs IS has gotten

Annnd that's why I stopped playing CW until PGI fixes the balance of power between IS and Clan, right now it's IS prime time and I don't like playing with no chance of victory.

Its because back when clans got released the only mech packages available for money were clan packages (talking about wave 1 wave 2 and 3) so obviously PGI made them appealing by making them overpowered, but now that the majority of the money is on Resistance 1 and 2 and IS 'Classic Collection' packages plus new steam players that are more likely to buy IS mechs of course IS is gonna get overbuffed and clans nerfed below the ground.

I wanted to buy the IIC collection but I decided to wait until this 'rebalance' was almost done and guess what, clans got ***** in the rebalance, good thing I didnt give them anymore of my money for clan mechs that get dumpstered in a 1v1 fight vs overbuffed IS metamechs.

Just look at the ******** quirks of the IS mechs that were released of late like the Black Knight:
ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (CT): 23.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LT): 16.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RT): 16.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LA): 12.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RA): 12.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LL): 16.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RL): 16.00 ENERGY RANGE: 20.00 % LASER DURATION: -15.00 % ENERGY HEAT GENERATION: -10.00 % TORSO TURN RATE (YAW): 20.00 %

or the Marauder 3R:
ACCELERATION RATE: 50.00 % DECELERATION RATE: 50.00 % TURN RATE: 35.00 % TORSO TURN RATE (YAW): 45.00 % ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (CT): 23.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LT): 16.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RT): 16.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LA): 12.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RA): 12.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LL): 16.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RL): 16.00

they also overbuffed the cancermaster to make it an unstoppable laservomit indestructable rapemachine in CW:
ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (CT): 29.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RT): 18.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LT): 18.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RA): 15.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LA): 15.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RL): 18.00 ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LL): 18.00 LASER DURATION: -10.00 % ENERGY RANGE: 10.00 % MISSILE VELOCITY: 10.00 % ACCELERATION RATE: 35.00 % DECELERATION RATE: 35.00 % TURN RATE: 35.00 % TORSO TURN RATE (YAW): 25.00 %

I have gotten to the conclusion that PGI cares nothing about the game being balanced.
They only and exclusively care about about what they are selling to be appealing and op at the moment of release.
I will not be giving PGI another euro until they wipe this ******** 'quirk' system clean and actually try to balance the game in a fair way.

#32 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

The tonnage buff allows IS to run drop decks of nothing but tbolts. Because we definately needed more tbolts instead of mediums and lights in CW.

#33 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:27 PM

BJ actually does have far too much structure quirkage.

It has almost the same +CT structure as the Atlas does. Lol.

Edited by Yosharian, 20 December 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#34 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostYosharian, on 20 December 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

BJ actually does have far too much structure quirkage.

Yeah, BJ got overquirked. Trust me, I know a guy who plays it. What he does with it in CW is the reason I know this.

#35 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,946 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:31 PM

Blackjack was a kickass medium before the nerf, and its still kickass after the nerf.

It is excessively tanky for a medium now though, way more than it needs to be.

But we have to deal with it, because throwing darts randomly at a chart with game balance ideas on it seems to be the only way around here.

#36 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostMister D, on 20 December 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Blackjack was a kickass medium before the nerf, and its still kickass after the nerf.

But we have to deal with it, because throwing darts randomly at a chart with game balance ideas on it seems to be the only way around here.

lol, 3LPL + tanky = Blackjack OP.

#37 norus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 222 posts
  • LocationN.A.

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:41 PM

The blackjack is an example of PGI not knowing wtf it's doing. The hitboxes on it aren't particularly bad, yet it has the strongest structure buffs of any mech from medium to heavy. I literally went through the IS mechs from med-assault and while some heavies get close for overall structure buffs, none has quite as much. It's the kind of quirking that makes me want to punch a wall it was so stupidly done. Mechs weigh different amounts for a effing reason, things shouldn't be buffed to 55 ton strength when there are weight limits for cw.

EDIT: Seriously whose baby is that mech that it was given such high quirks.

Edited by norus, 20 December 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#38 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostMister D, on 20 December 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

BJ-1X CT hitpoints with 100% front load: 112, 56/56 split. Which means 56 of that is critable.
SCR-Prime CT hitpoints with 100% front load: 108, 72/36 split which means 36 of that is critable.

I feel like it's balanced. It just means it's no longer a no brainer to take the Scrow, but I have a valid IS alternative.

#39 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:50 PM

View PostLucifaust, on 20 December 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

Your kvetching about Quickdraws, putting them in the same league as Atlases and King Crabs? Really? Before the last quirk pass, many if not the majority considered QKDs one of the worst mechs in the game. After the quirk pass they are apparently a key aspeck of the OP armies of assualts dominating your games. Seriously? Go compare the quirks of the QKDs before the last pass to what they are now. There is not much of a difference except perhaps the IV-4 which got much needed buffs to offest its need to run XLs for most builds.

Clanners fearing the Quickdraw. Sign of the apocalypse or desperate attempt at humor?

As to the Black-Jack. Yep its tough. So is every clan mech anywhere near it. Also given that every playable BJ requires an XL all you need to do is hit it with 2 of your alphas now, instead of just 1. The horror, the horror.

#40 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:51 PM

View Postnorus, on 20 December 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

The blackjack is an example of PGI not knowing wtf it's doing. The hitboxes on it aren't particularly bad, yet it has the strongest structure buffs of any mech from medium to heavy.

False: 4SP would have a word with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users