146 replies to this topic

#1 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:08 AM

Loyal Merc allies, let me start by praising your work on the Davion front. For too long has the corrupt, morbidly obese and disgustingly well coiffed House Davion possessed planets belonging rightfully to the Celestial Throne. Your valued assistance in pushing back the Fedrat filth is greatly appreciated by all of us Liao loyalists, we hope you stay with us as long as you can, enjoying the bounty of Davions flimsy front line.

However following the unfortunate incident at Phact I feel it may be timely to remind you of House Liao's targetting priority for military action. This goes as follows.

Priority 1 - House Davion

That is all.

We appreciate that the courage of Davion Loyalist units has been notable by its absence, however this is not an excuse to direct effort elsewhere.

Phact was taken by ghost dropping, so the argument that you were chasing combat does not hold up. If you are going to ghost drop, do it on a Davion world, not a Marik one. If you are looking for a fight and the Davions arent biting, get on Comms and arrange a venue with a House Marik unit as part of our arrangement for joint combat exercises.

You do not aid us by acting rogue on the Marik frontier, kindly redirect your efforts to what you have demonstrated yourselves to be immensely adept at - crushing House Davion.

With respect and honour.

A Liao Loyalist

#2 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:18 AM

The answer your gonna get is that the Mercs are gonna do what they want. Actually, by asking them to not do something will probably encourage them to do it more.

We can control what our individual units do but, sooner or later, other units will show up and do what they want. Thus is the nature of CW.

What we, as house loyalists, can do is try to capitalize on the success we are experiencing and bring new players into the fold. The one thing that Davion does way better than Liao is recruiting new players, getting them on Teamspeak, and actually organizing drops. If I had a dead Davion for everytime we lost a battle because people were "sniping" in their raven the whole match and half the drop was unloading their verbal diarrhea instead of listening to any sort of plan then I'd have a pile of corpses so high it'd reach from Sian to New Avalon.

#3 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:18 AM

Attacks on Marik happened after the Davion world was at 100% with no defenders.

The attacks will continue to happen everywhere.

#4 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:47 AM

Maxwell Albrittren - agreed on all points, however there is a lack of Liao Loyalist voices assuring the Marik loyalists that collateral damage from the success of our Merc allies isnt an ominous precursor to a Marik/Liao war and the breach of an unspoken NAP that has existed, to our mutual benefit, for a considerable time.

Ive seen eSeifers response, and understand it, they had no viable targets to drop on and they'd maxed out the single available target, so in fairness to the Mercs they'd done everything the CW system allows them to do - we can't ask more of them than that.

Best case scenario from this is (because I presume Marik is having similar problems getting the Davions to show up to a fight) an agreement between the Houses of a limited exercise so our respective units can have something to do when we run out of Davions to stomp.

Either way I believe a statement needed to be made, and to work out what we can do to keep the Mercs engaged without jeopardising the Liao/Marik combined action against our mutual enemy

#5 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:10 AM

MOAR TARGETS.

Chairman Drago says open bigger attack lane into DavRat Space!

Posted Image

#6 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:47 AM

To make you rest assure there will be a permanently stationed garrison in case of Marik continued aggression.

This should work to all benefits.

#7 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostHeart of Storm, on 21 December 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

Maxwell Albrittren - agreed on all points, however there is a lack of Liao Loyalist voices assuring the Marik loyalists that collateral damage from the success of our Merc allies isnt an ominous precursor to a Marik/Liao war and the breach of an unspoken NAP that has existed, to our mutual benefit, for a considerable time.

Ive seen eSeifers response, and understand it, they had no viable targets to drop on and they'd maxed out the single available target, so in fairness to the Mercs they'd done everything the CW system allows them to do - we can't ask more of them than that.

Best case scenario from this is (because I presume Marik is having similar problems getting the Davions to show up to a fight) an agreement between the Houses of a limited exercise so our respective units can have something to do when we run out of IDavions to stomp.

Either way I believe a statement needed to be made, and to work out what we can do to keep the Mercs engaged without jeopardising the Liao/Marik combined action against our mutual enemy

The thing is that Marik is getting drops from Davion!
They might just be ignoring the Liao's I don't know...
Glad to see loyalists holding up to the NAP

#8 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostGeneralKota307, on 21 December 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

The thing is that Marik is getting drops from Davion!
They might just be ignoring the Liao's I don't know...
Glad to see loyalists holding up to the NAP

I think the Rats do avoid Liao in EU TZ. TCAF has been stomping them so hard for so long I don't think they really try to stop them much.

#9 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:11 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 21 December 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

I think the Rats do avoid Liao in EU TZ. TCAF has been stomping them so hard for so long I don't think they really try to stop them much.

Only TCAF? I seem to see someone else rampaging through the IS.

#10 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:16 AM

View Postpoopenshire, on 21 December 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

Only TCAF? I seem to see someone else rampaging through the IS.

I am referring to betas 1 and 2. Obviously a new challenger has entered the ring :)

#11 War Steiner

• PipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTerceira, Azores, Portugal

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:27 AM

Loyal Liao Command Staff,

The fighting between the FWLM versus Liao units is not the fault of the Marik loyalists and pugs. The blame fully falls on the broad shoulders of the Celestial Throne not being able to control the TCAF who have openly declared war with House Marik and have taken at least one planet per day since.

http://mwomercs.com/...n/page__st__180

As a Commander on the Davion front, I have done what I could to pull troops from those battles and redirect their efforts to our push for Terra and severing the Davion/Steiner alliance. We in the FWLM understand each house has loose cannons (pugs) that are beyond control. However, it is impossible for me to stop Marik loyalists when such proud Capellan Confederation as the 1st Tikonov Rangers attack our undefended worlds.

I urge you to reconsider the response should Marik return the declaration of war with Sian. Federated Commonwealth pilots have a great respect for the FWLM and I am sure they would desire to ally with Atreus in any such affair. Let's not let it come to that.

War Steiner, Capt
1FWG, FWLM

#12 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:11 AM

they aren't avoiding the time zone. They are being tied up in the Marik Davion war.

#13 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:55 PM

My MERCs stand behind Gonta's decision 100%.

#14 InvisibleJim

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:06 AM

Don't worry, soon there will also be Kutari and Lyran borders to politic over.

#15 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:36 AM

On my last drop on Gan Singh last night, HHoD finally arrived to defend the planet. I asked them where they had been, and they replied that they had spent the evening on the House Marik border. Essentially, the joint Marik-Liao offensive is helping us take planets from House Davion and hold them.

However, the continued intrusion of House Liao affiliated mercenaries into House Marik space has begun to jeopardize this otherwise harmonious arrangement. House Davion is not above taking advantage of a diplomatically precarious situation. Consequently, they have entered into peace talks with House Marik, with the sole intention of deflecting their attacks onto the Capellan Confederation. While I have no doubt House Liao can hold against the combined attacks of both House Marik and House Davion, it will slow the reclamation of the worlds Hanse Davion stole from us.

Moreover, there is no need for this. House Marik has been a solid ally until provoked, while House Davion has so much more to answer for.

I can understand the impatience of TCAF, as they only want to reclaim their beloved Tikonov and will fight through any obstacle in their path. However, I am forced to question the loyalty of mercenary units who continue to provoke House Marik for nothing more than their own financial gain. It will be a dark day if House Marik and House Davion form an alliance against us, for no better reason than to punish the mercenary companies who are lining their pockets at the expense of the Capellan Confederation.

#16 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

We have no people in that TZ...have never had any people in that TZ which is the only reason TCAF has any success...They get pug drops almost exclusively and if they wanted to start posting screen shots of all their drops everyone would see that...As too Liao success you might wanna look at the Map...you only have 4 more planets with tags than Davionand 2 of them are Marik planets....PHL has been taking advantage of no organized resistance on the Davion front during EU time zone too. Which is why Marik has so many planets in Davion Space....at least they sometimes play during the NA time zone...

#17 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostHeart of Storm, on 21 December 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

Best case scenario from this is (because I presume Marik is having similar problems getting the Davions to show up to a fight) an agreement between the Houses of a limited exercise so our respective units can have something to do when we run out of Davions to stomp.

People still do this? Make Non-Aggression Pacts and stuff? We don't all look at the CW map and pick the planet with the best chance for the fastest drop?

Merclife. :)

#18 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 31 December 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

People still do this? Make Non-Aggression Pacts and stuff? We don't all look at the CW map and pick the planet with the best chance for the fastest drop?

Merclife. Posted Image

When you're faction is the smallest population and you are at constant war with the largest population you have to play a bit more strategically. But that also means that we get constant fights.

#19 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:37 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 31 December 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

Merclife. Posted Image

merclife in battletech is different from what u do.
mercs have to agree and accept NAP's or they simply would been absorbed or just erased if small. bigger units would never get a contract again until they disband. it would be nice to have such rules in MWO as well.

#20 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

This is beta 2.5, all out war is fine. Since we wait for beta 3.0 where Loyalist will be able to vote on attack lanes that will give us the NAP in force over a wonky algorithm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users