/record Feature

1 reply to this topic

#1 Col Skaza

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:21 PM

I was wondering for a while now, "Why we dont have actual /record functionality in MWO?"
And I came up with 2 options:
Either we cant have it, because CryEngine (aka #pgicoding :P), or no one came up with the idea.

So how its supposed to work:

Options>Recording>select "last battle", "every battle" and "no",
"No" by default.

Client records games (as in: "client-server traffic) into a folder in a form of file that can be open by client.

How client is supposed to replay them?

Lobby!

Create Lobby>Gamemode "Replay"> file selection from folder.
This lobby should be available for single player, but with ability to invite more people.

Every player in lobby is there as a spectator (in spec cam or in cockipits), lobby creator have time controls.

Time controls like "play", "pause", "slower", "faster".

This little thingy will allow for much more community creations from in-game.
And PGI created so lovely game. Let us show how lovely to other people. Some of that other people my get into that game. And more people in game means moar moneyz for PGI :)

While Im not a programmer I can imagine some difficulties here: making recording smooth on OS/Hardware, making client opening files. And accomplishing that without breaking things.

But I think its worth it. Both for Community and for PGI.

#2 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:04 PM

Because there are hundreds of tools for that for free. If you have an nvidia card there is one built into the gforce experience. I would rather PGI not waste time on something that others already do and do better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users