158 replies to this topic

#41 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:15 AM

I get accused of LRM hacking all the time.
Just too damn funny.

Edited by Novakaine, 22 December 2015 - 07:17 AM.

#42 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:16 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 22 December 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

So I can not say 100% for sure that 2+2 is mathematically 4?

On what mathematical axioms is your statement based?
If you pick the wrong axioms 2+2=4 can be wrong.

But lets not get into this. 100% sure on an opinion is just nonsense. That's what i wanted to say.
Didnt make it clear. My bad sorry. Too much popcorn.

Edited by Antares102, 22 December 2015 - 07:19 AM.

#43 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:27 AM

View PostAntares102, on 22 December 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

Its sonsensical because everytime a human overconfidently says he's 100% sure he's wrong.

Omnomnom

Saying 100% doesn't mean hes wrong. He could be of course and has to be able to deal with that and the likelihood of that.

Also If I alpha 3 LPL, 3 times into a storm crow CT standing still not firing directly in front of my mech while I am standing still and no damage registers. Then I can be 100% sure of a "health" hack.

I know the damage wasn't registering because one of them basically told me it wasn't. I also hope he doesn't get any trouble for it.

Basically one of the other team ran up to my mech away from the fight a bit. Stopped, then ran away. Not taking any damage.

Edited by Johnny Z, 22 December 2015 - 07:36 AM.

#44 Killian Kell

Banned

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:30 AM

Yeah, I take those hack accusations with a grain of salt. Often times made by people that are frustrated, don't fully get the game mechanics, or both...i.e. I was called a hacker last night because I got a streak lock on a guy that was overheated and shut down..but I am guessing he hadn't heard of BAP, which if close enough will allow you to lock a shut down mech.

#45 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:39 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 22 December 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

Saying 100% doesn't mean hes wrong. He could be of course and has to be able to deal with that and the likelihood of that.

Also If I alpha 3 LPL, 3 times into a storm crow CT standing still not firing directly in front of my mech while I am standing still and no damage registers. Then I can be 100% sure of a "health" hack.

I know the damage wasn't registering because one of them basically told me it wasn't. I also hope he doesn't get any trouble for it.

Basically one of the other team ran up to my mech away from the fight a bit. Stopped, then ran away. Not taking any damage.

So you mean ping/netcode/hitreg issues?

not a hack.

#46 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:42 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 22 December 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

Why would he get in trouble? What you just described isn't a hack at all, rather it is problem with PGI's coding that cause poor hit registration. Being "100% sure of a "health" hack" under the circumstances you described is rather absurd and wrong.

#47 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 22 December 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

So you mean ping/netcode/hitreg issues?

not a hack.

Like I said when I first mentioned this. It may be purposely or not. But One thing is for sure, that its happening vrs the top teams fairly regular and not against pick up teams or on the solo queue is interesting. Although I have seen it once just as bad on the solo queue a year ago or so. But only once and it was a wolverine who was also quite sure he was invulnerable.

View PostWarHippy, on 22 December 2015 - 07:42 AM, said:

Why would he get in trouble? What you just described isn't a hack at all, rather it is problem with PGI's coding that cause poor hit registration. Being "100% sure of a "health" hack" under the circumstances you described is rather absurd and wrong.

This is a standard hacker response. Not making friends here but its true. :)

#48 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 22 December 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

Like I said when I first mentioned this. It may be purposely or not. But One thing is for sure, that its happening vrs the top teams fairly regular and not against pick up teams or on the solo queue is interesting. Although I have seen it once just as bad on the solo queue a year ago or so. But only once and it was a wolverine who was also quite sure he was invulnerable.

This is a standard hacker response. Not making friends here but its true. Posted Image

mechs are huge, too huge in MWO to actually probably create a cheat that involves such kind of desychronisation that it's hitboxes move out of palce with the visual model. I juts think its more selective percetotion that you notice this on the guys form specific units than within pugs or random people.

#49 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:56 AM

I also call it a health hack because in another persistent online shooter, a mod, me and 2 other players had an event. The mod showed that he wasn't invulnerable but just had extremely high health. I honestly don't know how it works for this game though.

Edited by Johnny Z, 22 December 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#50 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 22 December 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

I also call it a health hack because in another persistent online shooter, a mod, me and 2 other players had an event. The mod showed that he wasn't invulnerable but just had extremely high health. I honestly don't know how it works for this game though.

if he was a mod, he probably had the possibility to change his values by mod powers, that differs quite a bit from client sided possibilities of cheating.

#51 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:05 AM

This class is called confirmation bias.

This is a standard hacker response. Not making friends here but its true. Posted Image
Go ahead and call me a hacker, but don't hold your breath waiting for a ban to pad your "100% accuracy".
Posted Image

#52 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 22 December 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

if he was a mod, he probably had the possibility to change his values by mod powers, that differs quite a bit from client sided possibilities of cheating.

For sure. But he was making a point is the point. Really I am not going to guess what that was except to say that its not impossible for these things to happen.

Also I consider it completely unrelated top this game other than as an example.

Edited by Johnny Z, 22 December 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#53 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:23 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 22 December 2015 - 04:52 AM, said:

Although there have been hacks used (and mass bans by PGI because of it), I have never heard of a "ghost" hack.

"Mass bans" is a bit of an overstatement.

If STEAMS anti-hack security works, then I'd be curious to see if anyone can mine any data on bans thru STEAM for this game since it's release.

Not that that will be accurate because players can simply ignore STEAM and launch without it as they've been doing for the past several years.l

Maybe someone with RB's ear on the tweeter can ask him about this.

Edited by TLBFestus, 22 December 2015 - 08:24 AM.

#54 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 22 December 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

"Mass bans" is a bit of an overstatement.

I had to scroll down a list to see everyone banned in one pass, that was more than a one-sy two-sy kind of situation IMO. Good enough for a "mass" descriptor for me, but whatever. I'm sure there are still people arguing whether a dress was white-gold or blue-black *shrug*.

#55 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

if somebody gave me a dollar everytime i was certain i saw a hack in 3 years i'd have exacly 2 dollars...

#56 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:31 AM

Cry "Hack" and let lose the Dogs of Ignorance!

#57 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:14 AM

None of those who were caught in the cheating ban were remotely close to the top competitive level, with the exception of moderatepudding, in which case it was stupidly obvious, and in fact actually set in motion the entire chain of events that led to 64 accounts being banned. I had 3 players in my former unit (CWI) that got caught in the ban wave, and every one of them was a sub-par player.

The players in the hyper competitive crowd are literally ABOVE the capabilities of any existing cheat program.

#58 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:24 AM

Getting called out for hax by some poor sob that just got his *** handed is the greates compliment in this game Posted Image
Everything I have seen in this game that didn´t seem normal was probably classic hit reg issues.

offtopic:
Hi Aresye, was a nice game in CW where we almost beat some KComs with a Pug group. You were doing a good job leading the drop. I had just switched over from Clans and am still getting used to piloting IS machines once more; next time I will be more helpfull Posted Image

#59 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 22 December 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

Cry "Hack" and let lose the Dogs of Ignorance!

The Wisdom of a fool will not set you free.

#60 Kyle Travis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:48 AM

Since a guy convinced me to use the Radar Derp mech on all mechs I have had quite a few games where I was ignored and racked up damage and kills.

My fav was in my Mauler and blazing away at the flank of the enemy - killed three of them and only then did people start firing back. I was thinking 4 UAC5's hitting you from the side must be noticable ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users