- - - - -

Game Crash On Startup Win10

Help Me

6 replies to this topic

#1 Dorama

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:50 PM

Hi, I can't post in the workarounds section, so I thought this was the next best option.

I can't start the game in windows 10. I can load the client, but when I hit 'Play' the game crashes, saying that an unexpected error has occurred. I've sent in a few error reports through the client.

I'm running an older laptop that I updated to windows 10. I know this isn't recommended, but all other programs have worked so far.

I've followed all the other advice I could find online about issues with MWO, including updating all drivers, running the game in administrator mode, and looking through the event viewer for a crash (there are none). I also can't find the log file in the install directory that was mentioned in an older post, otherwise I would copy that here.

Does anyone have an idea to help me out? I played MWO on this laptop before updating, and it's a huge bummer that it no longer works. :(

Thanks

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:03 PM

try downloading and installing directx 9c, and the visual c++ redistributable, in both cases it may tell you it is already installed but install them anyway.

that was a common problem on Windows 8 so could be your problem

#3 M0rdresh

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:16 PM

I'm using Windows 10 (preview on latest build due to being Microsoft insider), no problems here.
Jedi's suggestions are solid, try these.

#4 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

I have three systems running Windows 10 and MWO runs on all of them, but on two i did have some initial issues. Oddly enough the two that were problematic were the fresh install on a brand new system i built for my son and the other was a brand new Windows 10 laptop that i recently bought. My desktop which i upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 ran MWO fine right away. If the Previous suggestions don't work try uninstalling C++ and then reinstalling. Good luck and let us know how it works.

#5 Teribnunu

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

Hi , same issue for me.
I did install c++ and it s working.
Thanks for help.

#6 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:21 PM

Tried running in windowed mode?

#7 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:59 PM

From Dec 23, 2015. Who recycles these things?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users