13 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:29 PM

i normaly dont like and i dont play CW game mode , but this is not first time i noticed that players cheat and not like 1 per 100 but like 30 per 100, i play this game since begining , i created account before launch , i play battle tech games since 1999 and , im sad , im rly sad , mby im not great pilot but i know this game and mechanics , sad thing is that that other (specialy snipers) see me from far w.o help of other players UAV or any other help , let say you spoted er ppc sniper , you shoot him , and change position , you peek from other position and boom 2x er ppc in face , it was impossible to track my way to other position i was behind terrain cover , far away from anyone in enemy team, and get fired 1 sec after peek from mountain in light mech , even if he know some how where i can possibly go he will need time to aim at me , mechs dont torso twist instant , so he was ''tracking'' my way to other position and had crossbar on me only waiting for me to peek up.
Im tired of this.

Edited by MechWarriorBK, 25 December 2015 - 01:31 PM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:37 PM

sorry but this is the wrong forum for this, if you saw cheating and have reasonable evidence of it, then send the evidence to moderation@mwomercs.com

2 ERPPC hits to the face at 1300m would do about 9 damage, and the velocity is slow enough that you literally have time to see it and move aside if necessary.

if there are clear view lines you can see Mechs 2km away, with a big enough monitor you can accurately aim at Mechs that far out

in a light Mech you should not stop moving in the open for one seconds that is asking for trouble

#3 MechWarrior Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:42 PM

i dont have proof because i was not recording it , you miss understand he cant see me because i was behind terrain , so i changed position and peek from other place to shot him and before i even peek up i get shot by er ppc , i even dont had time to fire back with my er laser , im not telling that he killed me , he spoted me tracked me and shoted me including time for er ppc to reach me in less that 1 sec.

its not first time that players magicaly know where i am.
i play with friend and even he said how the f**k he know where i am.

Edited by MechWarriorBK, 25 December 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#4 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:52 PM

People develop patterns and there are only so many spots to stick ya nose out of. Also, he may not have had direct line of sight but someone else on his team may have, allowing him to track you via minimap, firing as he guessimate when you would show.

Edited by Half Ear, 25 December 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#5 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:07 AM

How was your Mechs condition. It is easy to spot smoking Mechs behind cover.

#6 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:26 AM

View PostMechWarriorBK, on 25 December 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

it was impossible to track my way to other position i was behind terrain cover , far away from anyone in enemy team, and get fired 1 sec after peek from mountain in light mech ,

So, first off, NO. It is NOT impossible. It's actually pretty easy, if you know the maps. Even if the other player could not DIRECTLY observe you, if you were observed to start moving in a certain direction from your last position, or if there was only one reasonable direction you could be moving in, then it's fairly easy to pick out where you will most likely appear next. And maybe you feel that you're being unpredictable, and in some cases you may really be, but to some of the game's better players you're just doing what they expect of you, and they're staying a move or two ahead.

even if he know some how where i can possibly go he will need time to aim at me , mechs dont torso twist instant , so he was ''tracking'' my way to other position and had crossbar on me only waiting for me to peek up.

A few things. Mouse sensitivity can be adjusted, as well as acceleration, to allow quicker responses or more fine-tuned ones. Also, if he knew where to expect to see you next, then it is possible that he really DID have the crosshairs already waiting on that spot. Or maybe he's just got really good reflexes.

I used to do a lot of teaching with driving military vehicles. Something I learned, was that the average healthy young male adult has a reaction time of about 0.3 seconds. That leaves, by your estimate, about 3/4 of a second for the other player to have moved his crosshairs to your position and fired, assuming that you popped up in his field of view. It's not at all unreasonable. It's the time a Gauss rifle takes to charge, and if you've got a shot lined up, that charge time feels like forever. Same when you're waiting for a sniper to pop up--even that 0.7 seconds can feel like a much longer time.

I'm no expert, but I HAVE encountered a predictable sniper now and then in this game. Meeting them head-on with fire, before they've even gotten the cockpit clear of their cover to line up on me, is VERY satisfying. If they're not particularly good, it'll shake them just long enough to allow me to get in cover and move. And move I may, but hopefully not to where they expect me to be next...

Im tired of this.

I may have mentioned that I suck at MWO. I get the concepts, but I can't execute them for s**t. And I, too, sometimes get VERY sick of 'this'. I feel your pain. Simply put, though, we've got to either overcome it or live with mediocrity, because other players are going to overcome it whether we do or not. And if we don't, then they get to be the ones owning us.

Cheers!

#7 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:29 AM

The best you can do, more so if it's as wide spread as you say ( 30 of a 100 ) , is to get a recording and send it to support , and while you are at it post a link of it on the forums so we all could review it.

If it's not what you think it is we will not be tough on you , and if it is it can show others when to start thinking of calling a fault.

In truth we don't know what kind, if any, detection PGI has and we have seen videos of people using a cheat overlay and aimbots as an example so its possible to somewhat tell.

If you feel that it is too much work to get a video of it, ask you'r self what is it that you want by posting here? We can't help you if you don't want to help your self.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:28 AM

others have offered potential explanations, here is another
it is quite possible there was an light Mech (who you had not noticed) behind you who had you targeted, and you failed to notice, that way the other Mech could see exactly where you were and where you were moving, so he already had the shot mostly lined up before you left cover

#9 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:32 AM

Good gracious god, was there no money left for a few full-stops after buying all the kommas?

#10 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:40 AM

BK CW is for big boys ;) This is different game then PUG fight.
I know the maps by heart and I know where sniper would go, when you fire me from one position I will know in 99% where you go.
We can speak about it on TS ;)
And next time record the game.

#11 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:02 AM

One thing I'd note that sometimes you can see enemies through terrain, and it's all due to short-comings of the MWO graphics engine.

I play on low settings (except textures and particles on medium) on my laptop, and I get this a lot: the graphics engine reliably renders mechs, but fails to render terrain features. In effect you see mechs through terrain. Especially common at long ranges (1000-2000 km) and certain maps (I see mechs through buildings at River City all the time). I'm not talking about small visual artifacts, but entire buildings or hillsides missing until you get closer.

I guess occasionally it enables shots like those described by the OP: I see a mech moving, I estimate how much I have to lead, and take a long-range shot, which lands on the enemy right as he arrives from behind terrain (unbeknownst to me, as I had no idea said terrain was there). In general it's a hindrance though, as I waste a lot of ammunition shooting invisible terrain.

I've played for about a year, and 2500'ish games, and I haven't so far seen anything that made me strongly suspect cheating.

#12 Spetulhu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:08 AM

View Postjss78, on 26 December 2015 - 05:02 AM, said:

One thing I'd note that sometimes you can see enemies through terrain, and it's all due to short-comings of the MWO graphics engine.

And you can also get some really wonky lag effects, especially if you've checked playing in all server regions. Even playing WoW here in the EU can be pretty odd. Players from the Middle East sometimes have really crappy connections and anyone eastwards from Poland (like Russia as far as Siberia) comes through only a couple heavily loaded knots. People that play with less than 50 ping to Paris will frequently accuse especially Russians of cheating just because their lag often is horrible. Now take those guys into MWO and have them check all regions. I mean, if I have 300 ping to Oceania and 150-200 NA, and face another player with similar ping - that's a lot of milliseconds before either client knows what's happened.

Edited by Spetulhu, 26 December 2015 - 06:10 AM.

#13 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:28 AM

OP, I believe their is some bit of cheating in this game. That said, I think it is incredibly rare. From PGI's perspective unless the accused behavior is clear, recorded, and reported they can not take any action, nor should they. So if you are really convinced that you are the victim of something, you need to record your games, etc. But I think that you will be wasting your time, because I don't think you are the victim of anything other that getting stomped like the rest of :)

I have played with some amazing players whose amazing knowledge of the maps and impressive skills (not to mention their ability to predict how and where comparative noobs like me will engage them) add up to a perception in some, that they are cheating. They are not. They just play this game WAY too much ;) and have the skill to match.

Maybe I am being to naive in believing that cheating is an extreme rarity in this game, but who knows.
PGI has nailed and publicly called out cheaters in the past. Perhaps you will help them catch some more, but I think the more likely reality is that you are getting matched with players/teams who just are really good at what they do (disheartening as that may be).

-Bud

#14 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostMichal R, on 26 December 2015 - 02:40 AM, said:

BK CW is for big boys Posted Image This is different game then PUG fight.
I know the maps by heart and I know where sniper would go, when you fire me from one position I will know in 99% where you go.
We can speak about it on TS Posted Image
And next time record the game.

He is right CW is meant for players that have all 4 mechs mastered !!
all players should have mics I go in with my heavy first Cataphract OXP then my crab SL, #3 Cataphract 3d my 4 L laser vomit and to mop up my Black jack arrow 6 mg's with 2 L pulse lasers. All mastered .

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users