#21 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 26 December 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Strana Mechty: The Teamspeak Server.

MercStar did an outstanding job setting up the Rasalhauge combat hub, and look what Rasalhauge has been able to do as a result. I am prepared to argue that out of all Inner Sphere personnel closest to our borders, Rasalhauge constitutes the greatest challenge to us.

And this is because Rasalhauge players got onto their single Teamspeak, intermingled between their units, and practiced, with people stepping up to take charge and lead drops. So when you encounter 12 "random" Rasalhauge players, you're actually fighting a 12-man.

We CAN do the same. We must do the same.

IP: STRANAMECHTY.INFO
PW: StranaMechty

View PostOdins Steed, on 28 December 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

The FRR Hub is not the doing of -MS-. It's a long standing community Teamspeak that has recently been taken over and reformed by Mech The Dane.

They've been dropping together like this since CW started as well. It wasn't enough on it's own. It took change and new, talented players to mix in to improve things there.

As a non-Clanner and longtime Kuritan loyalist, it was strange to me for our unit to decide to switch to FRR for a short term contract to see how things were being done elsewhere.

I have to say that I was impressed by my experience on the FRR hub. Their TS hub was very coordinated as a whole and had a lot of good pilots and drop callers. As someone here already mentioned, you guys are probably not going to be able to coordinate like that, since you're under the banner of different Clans. Best of luck to you all in your quest for Clan unity though.

#22 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:46 AM

View PostOdins Steed, on 29 December 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

Yeah, this is where I hop off this crazy train. Mechs should not be over powered just because of 'lore'.

So it can work for Starcraft but not MWO that has a bigger lore presence? GTFO here with that nonsense.

Clans = better tech

IS = more numbers

SIMPLE.

I have played previous MW titles from 3 go forward & Clan tech & weapons have always been better & guess what else? You could change the engine & remove jump jets from Clan mechs. I never wanted this MWO ****. I wanted MW5 that was advertised. The game is set, you buy it, you take it home, you enjoy a nice SP campaign to get familiar with it, then you play MP with your friends then have fun.

Every dame time I log back on, something always gets changed & it is almost to the detriment of the Clans. Is this what I payed my hard earned money for enduring a high currency exchange rate?

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 30 December 2015 - 02:47 AM.

#23 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:15 AM

Thank you, Jaroth. I am glad that someone here actually gets it.

I will put this into terms everyone can understand. This is how it is supposed to be:

Clan: Superior tech.

IS: Superior numbers.

This is balance.

This is how PGI could justify charging 2-3 times more cbills for Clan mechs vs IS mechs.

This is how it is now:

Clan:

IS: Vastly superior numbers and tech equal to or greater than Clan tech.

Where is the balance?

Clan mechs are still 2-3 times more expensive.

And so, I dare anyone to truthfully tell me that this is "balanced".

#24 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:18 AM

Posted Image

#25 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:25 AM

it behooves all the clans to work together regardless of crusader or warden. If the Wolf territory collapse then jade falcon will have a war on two fronts

if wolf cant hold their own why do I want them on my team? lol

Edited by Khobai, 30 December 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#26 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostJep, on 29 December 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

Define "balance". 1-1? Clan tech is supposed to be superior. That is lore. Clan has superior tech, IS has superior numbers. What about that can you not understand?

PGI isn't going to do 10 v 12, they've said this multiple times, so clan tech CANNOT be superior. Lore comes second. Don't mean to sound like an *** but, what about that can you not understand?

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 30 December 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#27 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostKhobai, on 30 December 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

if wolf cant hold their own why do I want them on my team? lol

Because while I don't really care about faction warfare, it's common sense that working together is better than working separately.

Also, I doubt anybody appreciates your subtle bragging. I'm fairly certain FRR can crush a population deficient Jade Falcon same as they can the Wolf.

#28 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:04 AM

Also, I doubt anybody appreciates your subtle bragging. I'm fairly certain FRR can crush a population deficient Jade Falcon same as they can the Wolf.

im not bragging.

the problem is these merc corps are allowed to keep switching faction which completely ruins CW.

like -MS- can be clan wolf one week then switch to FRR the next week. Why is that even allowed? IMO you should get locked into playing a faction for the entire season and not be allowed to switch until the season ends.

#29 Jownz

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 30 December 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

PGI isn't going to do 10 v 12, they've said this multiple times, so clan tech CANNOT be superior. Lore comes second. Don't mean to sound like an *** but, what about that can you not understand?

I agree that IS and Clan's need to be balanced for competitive gameplay. So if your going to balance the Mechs, BALANCE THE PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 Jownz

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostKhobai, on 30 December 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

im not bragging.

the problem is these merc corps are allowed to keep switching faction which completely ruins CW.

like -MS- can be clan wolf one week then switch to FRR the next week. Why is that even allowed? IMO you should get locked into playing a faction for the entire season and not be allowed to switch until the season ends.

This needs to happen or CW will never work. Balancing factions is impossible but having large merc groups moving around wherever they like breaks the system even more. Get rid of mercs all together! you cant even limit there unit sizes because they will still just band together in smaller groups.

Other possibilities would be to lock them into a contract for the entire season or perhaps allow them to move around between the underdogs which would in a sense help balance.

Edited by Jownz, 30 December 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#31 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:23 AM

View PostKhobai, on 30 December 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

im not bragging.

Yeah, they definitely need to place more restrictions on these units that have so much control over the balance of CW. Perhaps the larger you are the longer they should have to stick to a faction?

#32 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 30 December 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

So it can work for Starcraft but not MWO that has a bigger lore presence? GTFO here with that nonsense.

Right, because these games are identical. This is a totally reasonable comparison and totally shows how a numerical advantage can be implemented in a shooter. This is an apt comparison because in Starcraft this is done via extra players and totally not just a game mechanic that's balanced like current IS vs Clan. It absolutely addresses the issue of non-CW drops where teams are mixed-tech. /s

View PostJep, on 30 December 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

IS: Vastly superior numbers and tech equal to or greater than Clan tech.

You get that actual matches are even numbers, right? The only place the population numbers matter is a meaningless map meta game. You're talking about destroying the balance in every other area just so the Clans can be overpowered enough to progress on the map without a population advantage.I'd make the actual CW matches miserable again too - all it would do is bring balance to the map and only if people don't just switch back to Clans.

To do what both of you want would require the game to be redesigned to ground up. It's an impractical waste of effort and you guys just come off as a screaming man children who think they're entitled to club seals just because you spent money on the game. Surprise! So did the IS guys and almost everyone else.

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 30 December 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

I have played previous MW titles from 3 go forward & Clan tech & weapons have always been better & guess what else? You could change the engine & remove jump jets from Clan mechs. I never wanted this MWO ****. I wanted MW5 that was advertised. The game is set, you buy it, you take it home, you enjoy a nice SP campaign to get familiar with it, then you play MP with your friends then have fun.

You get that this isn't the precious lore you guys bang on about, right? It was liberties taken with the source material to make a fun game, because they realised TT lore does not translate well to a real time shooter.

Also, we don't have that game. I'd like it too, but the changes you want would only make MWO worse and not get us any closer to this reality.

View PostJep, on 30 December 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

And so, I dare anyone to truthfully tell me that this is "balanced".

I will happily tell you that this is the most balanced the game has been since the Clans were introduced. Whether it's absolutely perfect is another question, but it's marginal. There is no longer a clear winner despite your whining.

#33 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:35 PM

Jump back on crazy train, huh?

The tech by itself is balanced, yes. The prices however, are not. Clan mechs are still more expensive and that is undeniable. That said, IS is also vastly bigger and more heavily populated than Clan space. This is also undeniable.

Therefore, the ones with the advantages are:

Tech: Neither

Prices: Inner Sphere

Population: Inner Sphere

Number of Factions: Inner Sphere

And so, in order to get true "balance" (since this is the route you seem to want to take), then you need to:

1. Balance the prices. This means making Clan mech and tech prices equal to that of the IS.

2. Balance the population. This means forcing people out of their preferred factions and into the less populated ones. Otherwise, the faction's populations will not be equalized.

3. Balance the number of factions. There are 6 IS factions but only 4 Clans. So even if the factions themselves were all equal, the IS would still have 50% more pilots. So PGI would have to either allow the Clans to have 50% higher population levels or create two additional Clans.

Conclusion: This is the inevitable truth. If you want everything to be equal, everything to be truly balanced, then this is what needs to be done. So have fun with that. Because I for one oppose this. Unit jumping aside, if one side is vastly outnumbered then all the other side needs to do is to overwhelm them with bodies and just ghost drop their way to conquest which I also oppose.

Is this truly the "balance" everyone wants? Because if so, then count me out.

Edited by Jep, 30 December 2015 - 03:44 PM.

#34 Meech

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

Don't worry, YARR has left the spineless IS and joined the ranks of Clan Wolf.

#35 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:52 PM

This right here...

This right here is one reason why we're getting hammered.

Because we keep fighting amongst ourselves.

Drop it. Now.

Let's work together to fight off the Inner Sphere and improve upon ourselves.

If you're here for yourself or you don't care about how the Clans perform, leave-now. We don't need anyone sandbagging.

#36 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:26 AM

I took a break for two months because of the typical crying pilots that like to stir the pot (and unfortunately, one person in particular based his entire balance logic on whatever anyone crys about must be OP), which is not contributing or making the game very attractive to play. Remember, PGI has been trying to find balance for years now. They nerfed the clan mechs into oblivion then wonder why the clans are so decimated? It will be a long time before anyone returns to play clans after the endless debacles and nerfing in every conceivable manner possible suggested by Paul Innyo face.

It will take quite awhile before CW and clans in particular return to the full participation that we saw during CW Beta 1.

Edited by ManusDei, 31 December 2015 - 02:15 AM.

#37 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:40 AM

MercStar did an outstanding job setting up the Rasalhauge combat hub, and look what Rasalhauge has been able to do as a result. I am prepared to argue that out of all Inner Sphere personnel closest to our borders, Rasalhauge constitutes the greatest challenge to us.

I wholeheartedly support your effort to organize and revitalize the clans.

But What is this nonsense about MS setting up the FRR hub? I was there from the start of CW, it has absolutely nothing, zero zilch nada, to do with MS and it never did. The FRR hub and community is a creation of the FRR loyalist units.

Edited by Sjorpha, 31 December 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#38 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:10 AM

MS is the dude on the right, "yeah i'll unite you guys then later join FRR and betray you"

View PostJownz, on 30 December 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

This needs to happen or CW will never work. Balancing factions is impossible but having large merc groups moving around wherever they like breaks the system even more. Get rid of mercs all together! you cant even limit there unit sizes because they will still just band together in smaller groups.

Other possibilities would be to lock them into a contract for the entire season or perhaps allow them to move around between the underdogs which would in a sense help balance.

It doesn't make sense that a faction that is doing well would hire mercs? What for?

I agree limit mercs to factions that are struggling and that is it

#39 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:32 AM

View PostJep, on 30 December 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

Jump back on crazy train, huh?

The tech by itself is balanced, yes. The prices however, are not. Clan mechs are still more expensive and that is undeniable. That said, IS is also vastly bigger and more heavily populated than Clan space. This is also undeniable.

Therefore, the ones with the advantages are:

Tech: Neither

Prices: Inner Sphere

Population: Inner Sphere

Number of Factions: Inner Sphere

And so, in order to get true "balance" (since this is the route you seem to want to take), then you need to:

1. Balance the prices. This means making Clan mech and tech prices equal to that of the IS.

2. Balance the population. This means forcing people out of their preferred factions and into the less populated ones. Otherwise, the faction's populations will not be equalized.

3. Balance the number of factions. There are 6 IS factions but only 4 Clans. So even if the factions themselves were all equal, the IS would still have 50% more pilots. So PGI would have to either allow the Clans to have 50% higher population levels or create two additional Clans.

Conclusion: This is the inevitable truth. If you want everything to be equal, everything to be truly balanced, then this is what needs to be done. So have fun with that. Because I for one oppose this. Unit jumping aside, if one side is vastly outnumbered then all the other side needs to do is to overwhelm them with bodies and just ghost drop their way to conquest which I also oppose.

Is this truly the "balance" everyone wants? Because if so, then count me out.

Ok, there is a whole lot of bull in your post (and before you dismiss me as a IS loyalist or something, im almost r19 in wolf and have r13 in ghost bear so i play a hell of a lot of clan mechs)

Tech:
you still have 7 slot endo/ferro, 2 slot DHS and big guns that take up less slots (and weigh less too) thus freeing up a whole lot of space, you have an xl engine that doesnt blow up when losing a side torso so you can actually use all that freed up space, yes some weapons now have a reduced MAX range but you still have a greater OPTIMAL range, you ha e a full range of streak srm that go 360m vs the 270m of is ssrm2, you still have the superior alpha. What did you lose ? The superior movement that clans got from their big xl engines due to the skill tree nerf.

Prices:
yes purely viewing stock store prices you could say that clan are a lot more expensive but really the prize gets calculated the same way, the only reason clans cost so much stock is because of all the equipment thats on them, the DHS (1.5 mil), the big xl (4-5 mil) ferro/endo. Now you can certainly build IS mechs cheaper by not using an XL, but a fully kitted out 5ss(w/o modules) will still cost you about 10 mil, the 7mpl version has a range of ~300meters with a 48 alpha, nothing OP about that (5ss and stalker 4n 2 IS top performers actually got nerfed harder than any clan mech).

about your idea regarding balancing the population ... if they want people to actually quit the game they should do that, or how would you feel if "the man" tells you, you HAVE to play an IS faction because population balance ... no game will ever do that ****.

Balance overall is pretty good like it should be in a game (lore is only there for fluff reasons not to dictate the gameplay), and if you are getting your *** kicked its because of 1. The tonnage difference and 2. The fact that they actually buffed some of the ******** IS mechs that people kept taking into CW so now they are not gimping themselves as much.

And as a very last point i will happily count you out because people like you is what's holding this game back from being truely great, because PGI is actually somewhat scared to piss of a few loudmouth crybabies with actual changes

#40 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:19 AM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 29 December 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

As a non-Clanner and longtime Kuritan loyalist, it was strange to me for our unit to decide to switch to FRR for a short term contract to see how things were being done elsewhere.

I have to say that I was impressed by my experience on the FRR hub. Their TS hub was very coordinated as a whole and had a lot of good pilots and drop callers. As someone here already mentioned, you guys are probably not going to be able to coordinate like that, since you're under the banner of different Clans. Best of luck to you all in your quest for Clan unity though.

I wish you guys all the best but for now im sitting this one out, too many nerfs to weapons and clan mechs has more less put me off, good luck guys also Merry Xmas happy New Year.

Regards Death Storm

No, not the Warcraft II cheat code...

My fellow warriors, let's see the forest through the trees, here.

We have the best possible resources available at the single most important time for us to take advantage of. Steam players are available for recruitment. And we are not doing enough to win.

Do I have your attention now? Good.

We have several major teams still aligned with the Clans, and we can all do alot in order to better our factions, and the Clans as a whole. We also have a resource that has been sitting under-used, and yet can give us so much of an edge if we play our cards right.

Strana Mechty: The Teamspeak Server.

And this is because Rasalhauge players got onto their single Teamspeak, intermingled between their units, and practiced, with people stepping up to take charge and lead drops. So when you encounter 12 "random" Rasalhauge players, you're actually fighting a 12-man.

We CAN do the same. We must do the same.

This means putting down any differences, sucking it up, opening your mind to working with other people, and being willing to get over your apprehension of working with people you don't know outside your unit.

For the betterment of Clans.

I will make it a point to be on Strana Mechty every time I log onto Mechwarrior Online and my Teamspeak.

We must band together if we hope to win; always, now, and for the foreseeable future. There is no reason that we should not work together.

I call upon officers and warriors of all the major units that we still have left to volunteer to step up and get our people and the new Steam players ready for war.

I will be there. Where will you be?

IP: STRANAMECHTY.INFO
PW: StranaMechty

I wish you guys all the best but for now im sitting this one out, too many nerfs to weapons and clan mechs has more less put me off, good luck guys also Merry Xmas happy New Year.

Regards Death Storm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users