118 replies to this topic

#1 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:17 PM

No, not the Warcraft II cheat code...

My fellow warriors, let's see the forest through the trees, here.

We have the best possible resources available at the single most important time for us to take advantage of. Steam players are available for recruitment. And we are not doing enough to win.

Do I have your attention now? Good.

We have several major teams still aligned with the Clans, and we can all do alot in order to better our factions, and the Clans as a whole. We also have a resource that has been sitting under-used, and yet can give us so much of an edge if we play our cards right.

Strana Mechty: The Teamspeak Server.

MercStar did an outstanding job setting up the Rasalhauge combat hub, and look what Rasalhauge has been able to do as a result. I am prepared to argue that out of all Inner Sphere personnel closest to our borders, Rasalhauge constitutes the greatest challenge to us.

And this is because Rasalhauge players got onto their single Teamspeak, intermingled between their units, and practiced, with people stepping up to take charge and lead drops. So when you encounter 12 "random" Rasalhauge players, you're actually fighting a 12-man.

We CAN do the same. We must do the same.

This means putting down any differences, sucking it up, opening your mind to working with other people, and being willing to get over your apprehension of working with people you don't know outside your unit.

For the betterment of Clans.

I will make it a point to be on Strana Mechty every time I log onto Mechwarrior Online and my Teamspeak.

We must band together if we hope to win; always, now, and for the foreseeable future. There is no reason that we should not work together.

I call upon officers and warriors of all the major units that we still have left to volunteer to step up and get our people and the new Steam players ready for war.

I will be there. Where will you be?

IP: STRANAMECHTY.INFO
PW: StranaMechty

Edited by Commander A9, 26 December 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#2 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:29 PM

Sure, no wardens though.

#3 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:48 PM

Who cares about politics? As long as we make a concerted effort to use it, to train people, and to get on the same page with each other, we can improve our abilities.

I want us to mirror the hub that Rasalhauge uses and refine our abilities as such.

Edited by Commander A9, 27 December 2015 - 12:05 PM.

#4 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

:(

#5 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

considering that MWO is no longer adhering to canon,

"Neither Warden nor Crusader, you are Clan above all else."

so, get with the program and kick the collective IS posteriors. The Blood Spirits are sitting PGI out.

#6 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:43 PM

Ahh the pugs spirits. Since they're hardly a clan to begin with... :)

#7 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:52 PM

Regardless do what you want. Just funny hearing clan unity from the unit that has spawned the majority of the other wolf units which are now existence. And yes there are crusaders and yes there are wardens so good luck.

#8 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:11 AM

it behooves all the clans to work together regardless of crusader or warden. If the Wolf territory collapse then jade falcon will have a war on two fronts. On both FRR and Steiner rather than just Steiner. It is already happening where we are being attacked by FRR units. This is why clans need to fight against IS not each other, if we expose our flanks we make it all the more difficult to push to Terra

#9 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 26 December 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

MercStar did an outstanding job setting up the Rasalhauge combat hub, and look what Rasalhauge has been able to do as a result. I am prepared to argue that out of all Inner Sphere personnel closest to our borders, Rasalhauge constitutes the greatest challenge to us..

The FRR Hub is not the doing of -MS-. It's a long standing community Teamspeak that has recently been taken over and reformed by Mech The Dane.

And this is because Rasalhauge players got onto their single Teamspeak, intermingled between their units, and practiced, with people stepping up to take charge and lead drops. So when you encounter 12 "random" Rasalhauge players, you're actually fighting a 12-man

They've been dropping together like this since CW started as well. It wasn't enough on it's own. It took change and new, talented players to mix in to improve things there.

We CAN do the same. We must do the same.

This means putting down any differences, sucking it up, opening your mind to working with other people, and being willing to get over your apprehension of working with people you don't know outside your unit.

For the betterment of Clans.

I will make it a point to be on Strana Mechty every time I log onto Mechwarrior Online and my Teamspeak.

We must band together if we hope to win; always, now, and for the foreseeable future. There is no reason that we should not work together.

I call upon officers and warriors of all the major units that we still have left to volunteer to step up and get our people and the new Steam players ready for war.

I will be there. Where will you be?

Look, this isn't a horrible idea in and of itself but it's not going to change much. The key factor in CW is population. It's what you've lost recently. Just look at the Tuk2 Unit Stars:

http://mwomercs.com/...id-stats-part-2

Clan Wolf has since lost their three top units with -MS-, 228 and SWOL all switching to Inner Sphere. They made up the bulk of the numbers being 1, 4 and 2 for size respectively.

Clan Ghost Bear has since lost BMMU, ISRC and NTEX.

Clan Jade Falcon has lost PL, -BO-, VRGD.

Clan Smoke Jaguar didn't really have a population to begin with.

This isn't even a remotely exhaustive list either. I've just skimmed the top of these lists for units I know. There are almost certainly others who left. The truth is IS loyalists outnumber Clan loyalists and the only reason the Clans have done well in the past is because of Mercs and balance swinging in their favour.

If you really want to change things you need to:

1) Bring the population back up. Recruit people and hire mercs. You're not above this, you've done it before.

2) Join the same Clan faction. Part of the reason the FRR hub works is because they're all the same faction and can group together. You're not going to get that split into four different meagre groups.

3) Start improving yourselves and helping others. Way too many poorly optimised decks out there doing less than 1000 damage.

#10 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

How about getting some troops for Smoke Jaguar? -SC- fought hard for Tukkayid 2 but as you so eloquently put it:

View PostOdins Steed, on 28 December 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Clan Smoke Jaguar didn't really have a population to begin with.

Or do you all just want to give up on that section of space?

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 29 December 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#11 Longshot0

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:15 PM

https://www.bing.com...6A99D6FF16DD8AD

Unite us!

#12 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

I'm trying, desperately, but from what I'm hearing, a number of people think this is one big joke.

You're right: you CAN do what you want; but you also have the power to do SOMETHING to improve our situation.

Whether or not you want to be a helper or a hindrance, a motivator or a naysayer, is up to you.

Edited by Commander A9, 29 December 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#13 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:11 PM

Lol longshot that is pretty good.

#14 Longshot0

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:26 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 29 December 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

How about getting some troops for Smoke Jaguar? -SC- fought hard for Tukkayid 2 but as you so eloquently put it:

Or do you all just want to give up on that section of space?

I look forward to seeing Kurita space smoke gray again.

#15 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:29 PM

While you all make valid points, there is much, much more going on then just that. Aside from PGI rigging the system by making Clan tech outrageously expensive and repeatedly nerfing us (IS double heat sinks dissipate at 1.5 while ours can only do 1.1), -MS- and its affiliates have been playing PGI for the fools they are by using their own system against them with their mass use of cheats and use of "admirals". These are all well known facts (they were recently caught using admirals) and yet PGI does little if anything to stop them.

To make matters worse, when they were in Clan Wolf, they lead the invasion into Clan Ghost Bear territory and took three planets from us in as many days! Then in a single night, they "lost" all three planets to the FRR (who -MS- had just been with) who then took three more of our planets. Coincidence? I think not. This caused a lot of infighting between our two Clans, especially when the dezgras of Clan Wolf tried to invade one of our two remaining planets! After which, -MS- joined Stiener since only Clan Jade Falcon was making any progress. Now all of the Clans are being destroyed. Another coincidence?

So I ask my fellow Clansmen: If this is what it is going to be like for us, so sayeth PGI, then is it really worth it? Is this what we have paid so much of our hard earned dollars for? Just so that we could be marginalized by the game heads and ridiculed by our enemies? Neg! I have already spent hundreds of dollars on this game because I enjoy it and the people I have met here. I had hoped that PGI would get its act together and restore a true balance between the Clans and the IS, but they have instead betrayed my hopes at every turn and now I cannot take it anymore! I will not spend another penny on this game until PGI finally corrects itself. We have IS pilots bragging to us that its their turn to be OP and that they are going to destroy us! This is not balance! This is not Lore! This is an abomination!

Conclusion: At this rate, the Clans will all be reduced to one or two planets each in two weeks at the most. After that, it will only be a matter of time before everyone becomes so discouraged at their inability to keep what little ground we have left much less gain any that everyone might as well forget about CW Phase 3. Because CW is going to be essentially dead long before it even hits. IS has vastly more numbers, better equipment (thanks to the recent additional pilot perks and the further nerfing of us), and top ranked units (though at least some of which was ill-gotten). What do we have? PGI fiddles whilst CW burns.

Edited by Jep, 29 December 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#16 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:55 PM

View PostJep, on 29 December 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

While you all make valid points, there is much, much more going on then just that. Aside from PGI rigging the system by making Clan tech outrageously expensive and repeatedly nerfing us (IS double heat sinks dissipate at 1.5 while ours can only do 1.1), -MS- and its affiliates have been playing PGI for the fools they are by using their own system against them with their mass use of cheats and use of "admirals". These are all well known facts (they were recently caught using admirals) and yet PGI does little if anything to stop them.

Clan tech is more expensive than IS, yes, but not 'outrageously' so. The biggest difference is we can't reuse engines on the Omnimechs. A problem they'll have too if we get IS Omnis.

Clans were nerfed because they were hilariously overpowered. Balance is better than it's been since before they were released.

-MS- cheating is not a well known fact, but a well known accusation. The infamous admirals post was a crazy rant full of contradictions that was posted by a kicked ex-member.

To make matters worse, when they were in Clan Wolf, they lead the invasion into Clan Ghost Bear territory and took three planets from us in as many days! Then in a single night, they "lost" all three planets to the FRR (who -MS- had just been with) who then took three more of our planets. Coincidence? I think not. This caused a lot of infighting between our two Clans, especially when the dezgras of Clan Wolf tried to invade one of our two remaining planets! After which, -MS- joined Stiener since only Clan Jade Falcon was making any progress. Now all of the Clans are being destroyed. Another coincidence?

Posted Image

So I ask my fellow Clansmen: If this is what it is going to be like for us, so sayeth PGI, then is it really worth it? Is this what we have paid so much of our hard earned dollars for? Just so that we could be marginalized by the game heads and ridiculed by our enemies? Neg! I have already spent hundreds of dollars on this game because I enjoy it and the people I have met here. I had hoped that PGI would get its act together and restore a true balance between the Clans and the IS, but they have instead betrayed my hopes at every turn and now I cannot take it anymore! I will not spend another penny on this game until PGI finally corrects itself. We have IS pilots bragging to us that its their turn to be OP and that they are going to destroy us! This is not balance! This is not Lore! This is an abomination!

Nobody cares what you paid. It should never be a factor in game balance. It's the only thing dumber lore... which you also cite.

Also, not to burst your persecution bubble, nobody is saying it's IS's time to be over powered. It's just balance.

Conclusion: At this rate, the Clans will all be reduced to one or two planets each in two weeks at the most. After that, it will only be a matter of time before everyone becomes so discouraged at their inability to keep what little ground we have left much less gain any that everyone might as well forget about CW Phase 3. Because CW is going to be essentially dead long before it even hits. IS has vastly more numbers, better equipment (thanks to the recent additional pilot perks and the further nerfing of us), and top ranked units (though at least some of which was ill-gotten). What do we have? PGI fiddles whilst CW burns.

Yawn, the skill tree nerfs were universal. Even if they are better now it's marginal, no where near the gap between Clans and IS from before the patch.

#17 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:57 PM

So what is left to do? Should we get rid of permacons & have all Clans rotate via contracts to sectors that need help?

#18 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostOdins Steed, on 29 December 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

Clan tech is more expensive than IS, yes, but not 'outrageously' so.

The biggest difference is we can't reuse engines on the Omnimechs. A problem they'll have too if we get IS Omnis.

Clans were nerfed because they were hilariously overpowered. Balance is better than it's been since before they were released.

-MS- cheating is not a well known fact, but a well known accusation. The infamous admirals post was a crazy rant full of contradictions that was posted by a kicked ex-member.

Posted Image

Nobody cares what you paid. It should never be a factor in game balance. It's the only thing dumber lore... which you also cite.

Also, not to burst your persecution bubble, nobody is saying it's IS's time to be over powered. It's just balance.

Yawn, the skill tree nerfs were universal. Even if they are better now it's marginal, no where near the gap between Clans and IS from before the patch.

Clan mech prices range from 5.6 to 17.8 million cbills. IS mechs range from 1.3 to 13.6. So try again.

So you speculate.

Define "balance". 1-1? Clan tech is supposed to be superior. That is lore. Clan has superior tech, IS has superior numbers. What about that can you not understand?

I and others have caught them cheating and even admitting to it. So try again.

While you are entitled to your own opinions, I will thank you to not demean others for theirs. It is very immature.

Though he has eyes he cannot see and ears but cannot hear. My point was that I and others did not pay good money to get what we bought nerfed to the point where we are weaker than our enemies which is contradictory to the very lore that this game is based upon and you for some reason seem to dismiss.

I did mention that a number of IS pilots have been bragging about it being their turn to be OP. Did you not see that part? Again, what do you call "balance"? Is it losing 2-3 planets a day like your faction is doing? Is it the IS owning a thousand planets while the Clans own (soon to be) less than 10? Is this your version of balance?

IS equipment is as good and in a number of cases better than Clan and that spits in the face of the lore, not that someone like you would care though.

IS has a vast advantage in pilot numbers and now tech as well which is showing on the CW map each and every day as we lose more and more planets with no hope of even holding them much less taking any back. Forget driving to Terra, they are driving to Strana Mechty!

Edited by Jep, 29 December 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#19 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

for one sir you are wrong:
the 1.1 and 1.5 values you refer to are for heat capacity not cooling rate clans actually received an
clan heat sinks dissipate faster than IS clan heat sinks dissipate at .15 whereas is heat sinks dissipate at .14 so please re-read your release notes because you are wrong sir
(straight from the release notes:
[color=#00FFFF] IS Double Heat Sink has its heat capacity increased from -1.4 to -1.5. This is increasing the maximum heat value for a 'Mech before it shuts down, not the speed at which it cools off.[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]• Clan Double Heat Sink cooling rate increased from 0.14 to 0.15.[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]• Clan Double Heat Sink capacity will be reduced from -1.4 to -1.1. This is reducing the maximum heat value for a 'Mech before it shuts down, not the speed at which it cools off.[/color]
[color=#00FFFF])[/color]

second: -MS- is not gaming the system we are not using the admirals and we have not cheats.....If you would like to find out for yourself that we do nothing of what we are accused please come join our Teamspeak...those posts that you are referring to on reddit were from a troll account and were not even submitted by the real bobf....those accusations of cheating were completely unfounded. Please stop talking about something you dont know for a fact yourself. again I invite you to come drop with us to see for yourself that cheats are not in use. message me personally if you want information about dropping with us

as far as this conspiracy goes the reason we pushed into CGB was because we had take all of our IS initiatives and needed to attack new planets because we were bored of stomping IS pilots and wanted some clan on clan action. there was no mass handover of planets the fact of the matter is that the steam release has so diluted the quality of players that even -MS- cannot make up for the rate at which new pilots are losing drops to organized IS groups.

The fact is that IS teams have superior organized numbers in mass something the clans need to realize their lack of organization is what is really costing you any progress.

IS and Clan balance is as close as it has ever been. Maybe favoring IS ever so slightly quit hoping that clans remain super OP and realize that PGI has to balance the different weapons systems.

thats basically the same thing that happened to the IS factions when wolf and falcon pushed all the way to and past Terra in the last cycle. so I guess some people just dont want to be on the losing side.......?

#20 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:40 PM

View PostJep, on 29 December 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

Define "balance". 1-1? Clan tech is supposed to be superior. That is lore. Clan has superior tech, IS has superior numbers. What about that can you not understand?

Yeah, this is where I hop off this crazy train. Mechs should not be over powered just because of 'lore'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users