Cent. Cn-Ah Build.

30 replies to this topic

#1 SUPERpotato

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:12 PM

Was wondering how to fit this mech (got it for free), so i made this http://mwo.smurfy-ne...08f2bd5cb01aabc
Any ideas about this?
Or maybe another fits as example

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:18 PM

That is going to be really slow and really hot. Nice alpha though. Te each his own.

I had a spare xl260 that I dropped into mine. Ac/20 with 4 tons. 2 srm4s with 2 tons. 2pts shy of max armor. It's been a real gem. Totally expected the XL on a mech as visually large as the Cent to be a death sentence. Hasn't been a problem yet. Used the sale to buy the Yen-Lo and the champ variants as well. I enjoy the Ah the most by far (though I hate all three when I draw Alpine).

#3 SUPERpotato

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 30 December 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

That is going to be really slow and really hot. Nice alpha though. Te each his own.

I had a spare xl260 that I dropped into mine. Ac/20 with 4 tons. 2 srm4s with 2 tons. 2pts shy of max armor. It's been a real gem. Totally expected the XL on a mech as visually large as the Cent to be a death sentence. Hasn't been a problem yet. Used the sale to buy the Yen-Lo and the champ variants as well. I enjoy the Ah the most by far (though I hate all three when I draw Alpine).

Didnt place bigger engine for reason that this mech have no acceleration quirks, so it looked senceless for me:)
What about simple alpha-peeking on this one? Hit&hide strats always work great when it comes to city fights.

#4 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:06 PM

I think you can maybe get away with "alpha-peeking" if you are in the midst of the group. I pitty the light that gets in the way of your build...especially if you are still up near the end of a match. :) Once you are on your own or in the open though, I think the lack of speed and heat dissipation will catch up to you real quick. It is a medium and your running an XL after all. The only thing giving you real staying power is mobility.
Like I said above, to each his own.

#5 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostSUPERpotato, on 30 December 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

Didnt place bigger engine for reason that this mech have no acceleration quirks, so it looked senceless for me:)
What about simple alpha-peeking on this one? Hit&hide strats always work great when it comes to city fights.

With that build, you won't have the agility to peek. That 200 will have you moving like molasses. Also, non-Artemis SRM6s scatter damage horribly. You want a 20, SRM4s and an XL255. Should leave you 5-6 tons of ammo depending on your armor stripping. Doesn't should like a lot, but if you shoot it dry and can aim, you'll have done a LOT of harm. Wait for the right moment, get in and punch till you die.

#6 SUPERpotato

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostTercieI, on 30 December 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

With that build, you won't have the agility to peek. That 200 will have you moving like molasses. Also, non-Artemis SRM6s scatter damage horribly. You want a 20, SRM4s and an XL255. Should leave you 5-6 tons of ammo depending on your armor stripping. Doesn't should like a lot, but if you shoot it dry and can aim, you'll have done a LOT of harm. Wait for the right moment, get in and punch till you die.

View PostBud Crue, on 30 December 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

I think you can maybe get away with "alpha-peeking" if you are in the midst of the group. I pitty the light that gets in the way of your build...especially if you are still up near the end of a match. Posted Image Once you are on your own or in the open though, I think the lack of speed and heat dissipation will catch up to you real quick. It is a medium and your running an XL after all. The only thing giving you real staying power is mobility.
Like I said above, to each his own.

Got it, thx for advices:)

#7 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:19 PM

The Case is a waste. Straight up does you no good. 'Oh, yay, I only lost my side torso! Wait, that had my engine in it... Oh noes, I am dead.'

Maybe shave off a hal tonne of srm ammo an toss another heat sink in?

I personally prefer something more akin to this build. CN9-AH

~Leone.

#8 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:48 PM

You should try upping your engine to an xl225 and dropping your SRM6s to SRM4s.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...70edf4b9037df74

#9 akhv

• Pip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:17 PM

With 9 heatsinks it's not a valid build actually.

#10 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

CN9-AH
Now it's valid. You won't be able to fire the SRMs for as long since I had to swap out a tonne of ammo, but with the speed of the mech, I would personally be wading in as a second or third line unit during a push more or less mopping up, so you shouldn't need that many blasts anyway. Otherwise, can drop one launcher down to SRM4 for another tonne of missile ammo

#11 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:36 PM

why you make it so SLOW omg))))

#12 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:56 AM

Boomcent. Adjust ammo to taste; I know I change the levels every other time I drive it. Lately with SRM hitreg still in the toilet I've been leaning more towards the AC20 and using the missiles less. It's still got 20 full alphas in it with 8 leftover AC20 rounds, which is more than enough to punch out four or five fresh heavies if the bad guys ignore it for long enough.

Being able to move faster than an assault is important enough all on its own, but the torso twist rate you get from running a bigger engine is even more important because it lets you put that all-important shield arm between your squishy bits and the bad things that much faster. Don't strip any armor off the shield arm, either. You should lose that arm before any other component even if you run full armor on it. Which you should, all the time, because it can soak up an entire Gigaspike Whale alpha if you do with its extra structure quirks. Fast Cents live longer, not because they can dodge that much more fire, but because they can twist faster and block most of the fire that hits them.

#13 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:51 AM

Why do people drop XL engines in cents? Insta death sentence...

Slow doesn't mean weak, it just means all you speed freaks will choose to run off and leave it behind like the assaults :P

I ran this slow beast for the longest time and did quite well in it..
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f8734ffa1efccdf

#14 SUPERpotato

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:45 AM

Everyone has their own opinon about this mech:)
Guess need to test each build to decide which is better

#15 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:28 AM

View PostBasicInfantry, on 31 December 2015 - 02:51 AM, said:

Why do people drop XL engines in cents? Insta death sentence...

Slow doesn't mean weak, it just means all you speed freaks will choose to run off and leave it behind like the assaults Posted Image

I ran this slow beast for the longest time and did quite well in it..
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f8734ffa1efccdf

Actually, slow does mean weak when it comes to medium mechs. You simply don't have enough armor to tank that much damage even if you are torso twisting. Running a slow STD engine in a medium will lower your survivability compared to a reasonable speed XL engine.

#16 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:33 AM

Also, this is the build I use:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dc0ab7d11591d04
The biggest problem I have is that it's very circumstantial - it's a fantastic ambush brawler but literally not much good for anything else. And yes, I have died to lots of side torso destruction even using the shield arm - seems that people can put out so much damage that it keeps going through the arm after destroying it and into the squishy bits

#17 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image

This is in a Tier 1 match without elite/master skills unlocked yet. Damage and kills would have been higher if I had speed tweak to chase people down quicker.

#18 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

Haven't set up my smurfy login yet, but xl275, 3xmg, 3x srm6 artemis. 550 ammo SRM 2 tons mg. 3 dbl heats ink with the extra in the engine as well. It is fast, and can get behind opponents. I think of the mg as a fist full of bees. Use the 3x SRM 6 to blow off armor, and the 3x mg to crit.

80%+ heat efficiency btw. 10 + dps.

#19 Kaldrenborn

• PipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

This is what I use. I play it as more a harasser. The SRM2s shoot really fast.
Edit: Ignore my Armor distribution.

Edited by DustyHardtail, 02 January 2016 - 02:33 PM.

#20 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:55 PM

This is my tried and true CN9-AH XL225. About they best you can do with this chassis. SRM4s give a tighter spread and better heat efficiency.

Edited by Cabusha, 03 January 2016 - 06:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users