5 replies to this topic

#1 Valrod

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:27 PM

Greetings,

As the title says, I am looking for a Clan Unit with a good number of active players and that doesn't require me to use a mic or Teamspeak or any another software for comm.

I do take the matches seriously and know how to follow instructions (I am not new to MWO), so if any Unit with a good number of active players is recruiting... Here I am!

I care about the number of active players because it sucks when you belong to a unit and after you login to the game there is one or two guys around...

Thanks!

#2 Scifi Toughguy

• PipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:03 AM

I wish you luck in your search. Most units are going to want you to have a mic and TS.

#3 Commander Zelnick

Rookie

• The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:31 AM

If you start one, let me know, I'll gladly join. No mic here either. My user is commander zelnick Posted Image

#4 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:04 AM

Please clarify, are you looking for zero TS at all, or will you atleast connect and listen?

A lot of communication needs to happen before you even get to voip access in the game, especially in CW...

#5 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:43 AM

Yeah, I'm curious on at least three points here.

1. Would you join a TS server to listen to team comms?
(If I'm reading the "any other software" part right, it would seem the answer to this one is "no.")
(If I'm reading this right, this is really unfortunate. The discussion and preparation in advance of a match can, indeed, be very important. If the unit is really worthwhile for you to be a member of, there should be some useful discussion and preparation going on before matches. In my opinion, you should want that discussion to be happening and you should want to participate in it to hear what mechs and builds your teammates are bringing, what they plan to do in the match, and why.)

2. Are you willing and able to explain why you don't want to use any other software?

3. Are you willing and able to explain why you don't want to use a mic?

I'm asking partially as a member of a unit that would certainly be happy to recruit, but we do ask people to use a mic and get on our TeamSpeak server. If there are good reasons why we shouldn't require that, I'd be curious to know what they are.

#6 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:51 PM

Why? Cw is totally screwed up right now thanks to scouting and long tom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users