193 replies to this topic

#181 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:06 AM

I would totally love to get on board with this, i started it all, but the wheels have turned too slowly for our unit, CW for us has dropped from 10+ drops of 8-12 mans to me running as solo pug, if this was all happening 2 weeks ago, we would have a fight on the battlefield and on these forums like not seen before, AS love to get involved in the forum banter in events that we play a part in or start.
As the most active CW player in Antares, these conflicts we start have been named "The Zerex Wars" this was to be the forth Zerex wars but it came up wanting.

The First Zerex wars, came as AS playing for Clan Wolf and attacking Clan Ghost Bear when all Clans had a NAP, this was an attack on the battlefield, these forums and social media, Russ even re tweeted our attack, also dubbed as "Operation Snowflake"

The second, we were hired to fight for Clan Smoke Jaguar against Kurita

The third, as our contract with Smoke Jaguar came to a close we were rehired by the same benefactor to fight for Kurita against Clan Smoke Jaguar, at times retaking planets with our own tags on them we had only taken days before.This contract ran in the first CW event event of "The Battle for Tukayyid"

That brings us to the now, this war never really took of for us and now as we look at to leave Liao space the tinder-ling we set in place is starting to see flames, its just a shame we won't be around to take part in it :(

#182 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:45 AM

View PostZerex, on 09 January 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

That brings us to the now, this war never really took of for us and now as we look at to leave Liao space the tinder-ling we set in place is starting to see flames, its just a shame we won't be around to take part in it Posted Image

As predicted, the mercenaries made a big mess of both C-bills and our interplanetary borders, then left House Liao before having to deal with the consequences. Mission complete, I guess.

House Marik retook Zion, which is both reasonable and expected. No loyalist effort was made to retain this world. The only unfortunate consequence was that our House Liao lone wolves were distracted by the drops on the planet, which reduced our effectiveness on the Davion border.

Now House Marik is attempting to take Gan Singh as further compensation for their losses. This a world we took back from House Davion, and it is meant to be the launching point for our attack on Liao, a world that is important to us. This is going to cause problems.

House Liao will contest ownership of Gan Singh.

#183 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:55 AM

The funny thing is... they haven't made as much a mess as they want to think. This is a police action designed to put down insurrectionist forces that have been fanned into flame by a rogue unit flying your colors. It is our stated goal to take back the systems seized by this unit for your sake, quell the local minority local militias that took power as quickly as possible and return to a state of peace and resume the ceasefire and profitable peace that has served us so well in the past. Unlike our past experience with the Merc Star sabotage and rogue action against Kurita that lead to so many diplomatic and peacful resolution failures, I believe the Cappellan Confederation is a much more rational and sensible partner in this situation.

On that note, our attack vectors seem to be controlled by bean counters back an Atreus who think that these attack corridors are the better ones to take rather than listen too much from their ground units trying to force this to the planets and remove this seditionist and separatist movement the terrorist unit Antares Scorpions have stirred up. We do understand that Liao forces will also be working to quell these rogue separatists whom the passions have been inflammed. I hope there is not as many unfortunate conflicts, but I fear for a while this will be the case with communication between worlds being what they are.

The St. Ives region... the whole Chaos March area in truth... has a strong tendancy to fly apart as the citizens seem to be very excitable and need a reminding to whom they owe allegiance to lest they think they can govern themselves to the detriment of the three Noble Houses that border that area. God help us all if they ever get religion in any serious way. Nothing harder to deal with than a zealots with a military.

I am sure this will be sorted out in the end once the 'Great Higgldy Piggldy' we are currently experiencing has died down.

Have your negotiators call our negotiators and we'll do peace talks some time.

Operators are standing by.

Posted Image

Edited by Kjudoon, 09 January 2016 - 05:56 AM.

#184 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostGI Journalist, on 09 January 2016 - 04:45 AM, said:

As predicted, the mercenaries made a big mess of both C-bills and our interplanetary borders, then left House Liao before having to deal with the consequences. Mission complete, I guess.

House Marik retook Zion, which is both reasonable and expected. No loyalist effort was made to retain this world. The only unfortunate consequence was that our House Liao lone wolves were distracted by the drops on the planet, which reduced our effectiveness on the Davion border.

Now House Marik is attempting to take Gan Singh as further compensation for their losses. This a world we took back from House Davion, and it is meant to be the launching point for our attack on Liao, a world that is important to us. This is going to cause problems.

Hmm I been doing my 13 hour shifts the last few days who(unit)is taking these planets back? I like seeing liao up close to Terra. If they don't reset the map before the clans get down here we can use the help.

#185 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

If we could attack only the worlds that were once ours... we would. Silly attack algorithm...

#186 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostZerex, on 09 January 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

I would totally love to get on board with this, i started it all, but the wheels have turned too slowly for our unit, CW for us has dropped from 10+ drops of 8-12 mans to me running as solo pug, if this was all happening 2 weeks ago, we would have a fight on the battlefield and on these forums like not seen before, AS love to get involved in the forum banter in events that we play a part in or start.
As the most active CW player in Antares, these conflicts we start have been named "The Zerex Wars" this was to be the forth Zerex wars but it came up wanting.

The First Zerex wars, came as AS playing for Clan Wolf and attacking Clan Ghost Bear when all Clans had a NAP, this was an attack on the battlefield, these forums and social media, Russ even re tweeted our attack, also dubbed as "Operation Snowflake"

The second, we were hired to fight for Clan Smoke Jaguar against Kurita

The third, as our contract with Smoke Jaguar came to a close we were rehired by the same benefactor to fight for Kurita against Clan Smoke Jaguar, at times retaking planets with our own tags on them we had only taken days before.This contract ran in the first CW event event of "The Battle for Tukayyid"

That brings us to the now, this war never really took of for us and now as we look at to leave Liao space the tinder-ling we set in place is starting to see flames, its just a shame we won't be around to take part in it :(

This has nothing to do with the scorpions. This is about Liao loyalists taking our worlds.

Posted Image

Edited by ThomasMarik, 09 January 2016 - 11:35 AM.

#187 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostZerex, on 09 January 2016 - 03:21 AM, said:

The larger plan (as far as this highly paid merc knows) is to retake the Liao system, with the attack on Zion an now Gan Singh, you might not see it as an act of war, but you have put yourself right in the way of Liao's goal.

Somehow, I think Marikah will be just fine. Feel free to keep sending your boys to OUR front line ;)
(also, lighten up a bit dude, it's a video game)

Too late
I already build a castle of beer cans outside the capitol building and all the women have taken Marik husbands, something about bigger slabs of bacon. We dropped off an equal amount of Steiner "women" at one of your embassy outposts though with 10 bales of hay for their afternoon snack.

#188 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

View PostSandpit, on 09 January 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

I already build a castle of beer cans outside the capitol building and all the women have taken Marik husbands, something about bigger slabs of bacon. We dropped off an equal amount of Steiner "women" at one of your embassy outposts though with 10 bales of hay for their afternoon snack.

Well, no doubt joining the Free Worlds League beats the Davion occupation Gan Singh has had to endure. We had barely liberated them from their hair stylists when you showed up with the beer and bacon.

No wonder these planets are going purple.

#189 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:48 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 09 January 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

Well, no doubt joining the Free Worlds League beats the Davion occupation Gan Singh has had to endure. We had barely liberated them from their hair stylists when you showed up with the beer and bacon.

No wonder these planets are going purple.

We're dropping off these Steiner "women" though. Our drop decks didn't get buffed enough to keep them around anymore. They're tougher than the Atlases we carry but unfortunately they weigh twice as much as well.

#190 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:51 PM

The planet of Pleion was at 100% when I got off :)

I love ghost drops!

#191 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:11 PM

View PostGeneralKota307, on 09 January 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

The planet of Pleion was at 100% when I got off :)

I love ghost drops!

Lets have fun with math. Not accounting for turret kills and the occasional Liao group that shows up we are looking at 25 total ghost drops at a payout of 50k for a match win and 300k for and a win every 13ish minutes.

25*(50000+300000)=8,750,000 for each player that dropped over the course of the night.

Ghost dropping straight through asuming 15 minutes to account for the initial timer, loading time and the match itself comes to (25*15)/60=6hour and 15 minutes!

This is why we have games on our phones.

#192 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:44 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 04 January 2016 - 08:53 AM, said:

Posted Image

Just know that you and this image are forever connected in my mind. :D

#193 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:15 AM

View PostDavers, on 10 January 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

Just know that you and this image are forever connected in my mind. Posted Image

you're so evil Posted Image

#194 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:31 AM

Dawnstealer lurvs Carol Burnett Steiner</p>

Edited by Kjudoon, 10 January 2016 - 01:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users