Torso Is Turning Left "on Its Own"

8 replies to this topic

#1 Tharful

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:12 AM

Hi guys and sorry for the Odd title, bit it is pretty mutch that way.

First i tought its a problem with the mice (Zowie EC 1A) but even if i pull it out the torse still rotates further.
I can use my mouse normal in menu/mechbay/before round is starting (clicking on ready) and the coursor itself doesnt move on its own.
But as soon as i have controle over the Mech, the torso starts turning left. Without me touching any controles.
When i am in the testing grounds, torso turns, i tab out the game and run another game like BF4 testing range everythign is ok there. Tab back to MWO and torso turns. No problem in/with any other game (tested randomly and when the MWO is running and torso is twisting)

What i did so far:
Repair/Reinstall MWO
Plug in Mouse/Keyboard (In game, on dekstop, and with PC shut down)

Sometimes after restarting MWO like 20 times i have 1-2 matches that are ok, but then all out of nothing in the next match it starts again. Then i have to restart MWO a couple of time again.

This is realy driving me nuts. Playing the games for a few days now but if u cant fix it i guess i stop :/

Specs:
Zowie EC 1A
Ducky G2Pro
Xeon 1230v3
AMD 7870XT
8 Gig Ram
Win 10

Edited by Tharful, 04 January 2016 - 12:13 AM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:37 PM

What other devices/joysticks/gamepads are hooked up? Generally the turning left happens cause MWO is receiving info from another device.

#3 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:00 AM

I had this problem when my Logitech Mouse software was interfering with my Corsair K90 Keyboard software... particularly when I disconnected the wireless Mouse from its charging cable.

I used an older version of the Logitech software and the problem stopped occurring.

#4 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Double check and make sure there isn't a piece of dust or hair in the mouse sensor/aperture. Many sensors will pick that up and cause some erratic movement like you describe (and since it's in the mouse, it won't stop when you lift it from the surface, the laser/optical sensor is still reading the particle, etc.)

I'd start there.

#5 Irishtoker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn a hole at the bottom of the Nexus.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:40 PM

I am having the same issue, only after updating my extensions and device software. i'll rollback and see if that helps.

Rebooted and it runs just fine.

Edited by Irishtoker, 07 January 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#6 OtterSnow

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:43 AM

I'm getting this too and my torso also goes up at the same time.

#7 OtterSnow

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:06 PM

Thank you for the answer and as a side note if I logged out while this problem was happening I was unable to log back in and doing Ctrl + Alt + Delete to get to the task manager while in game crashed it completely as well, restarting my computer was my only way of getting around it. I did the steps you posted and will see if it helps.

#8 OtterSnow

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:22 PM

Nope didn't work
I can confirm that it still crashes instantly if I start up task manger.
Edit time. I figured out what my torso twist problem was, a pair of flight pedals I had hooked up that would get bumped then messed me up for matches. Still doesn't explain my crash and subsequent logging in problems.

Edited by OtterSnow, 11 February 2016 - 11:34 PM.

#9 Melioetta Zyguard

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:06 PM

It happens to me but it's not always a Torso Twist. Sometimes the mech walks forward by itself. I can pull it to reverse but upon releasing "s" it moves forward again.

It happens to me when a lot of explosions happen at the same time I press a button. It goes back to normal after a few seconds tho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users