11 replies to this topic

#1 SUPERpotato

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Sup!
Was thinking about buying one, but when i saw quirks it disappointed me a bit.
I build this MAL-MX90 as it was more attractive for me
Any other ideas?

#2 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:17 PM

well if you dont mind got a lil suggestion, there is slight changes to the weaponry but nothing major. So here goes

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a8ed9ff8e206396

heat is way higher but the overall Mech is more solid without the XL, plus more ammo to take advantage of the dakka

cheaper to build too btw

#3 SUPERpotato

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:38 PM

View PostTheLuc, on 05 January 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

well if you dont mind got a lil suggestion, there is slight changes to the weaponry but nothing major. So here goes

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a8ed9ff8e206396

heat is way higher but the overall Mech is more solid without the XL, plus more ammo to take advantage of the dakka

cheaper to build too btw

Hm, interesting one:)
Anyway have a lot to think about..

#4 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

I'm not the most experienced player, but I do run Maulers. I have to say, the Mauler loses torsos pretty easily, so I wouldn't suggest running an XL engine unless you're making a long range build.

#5 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

If you're gonna run an XL, then drop the SRMs and add two more AC2s. Fight from range.

#6 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:37 PM

View PostSUPERpotato, on 05 January 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

Sup!
Was thinking about buying one, but when i saw quirks it disappointed me a bit.
I build this MAL-MX90 as it was more attractive for me
Any other ideas?

This mech has 6 Ballistics Hard points in the torsos...
Most of it quirks are geared towards Ballistics..

And you put the worst ballistic weapon in the game in it the AC2, with SRMs and AN XL Engine ?? What ?
Mixing Ultra long range ballistics and SRMs show signs of confusion.

There are many Lore purist out they think... So at Long range use Long range weapons... Short range.. Use Short range weapons...

While anyone who simply wants to be effective on the battlefield will think.. I want a weapon that can be use at long or short range... ALL that time... And Ballistics can do all at Low Heat... Your limit is AMMO or and AMMO Explosion..

The basic idea is to get as much firepower into enemies before you die... Your a slow assault mech.. Taking as many as possible before you go down, should be your objective.

-

If i wanted to be a short range brawler...
Similar range hard hitting weapons, biggest standard engine possible,

Something like this..
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0ca4b2bef65812e

However...

The MX90 mainly shines with AC5s or UAC5...
I for normal PUG matches... I just go full Derp AC30.
Does More damage than and AC20, Long range and cooldown of an AC5.

https://youtu.be/GMi0U7XVYjg?t=135

The MX90 can do at most any ballistics weapon combination you can think off... Even trollish ones like LBX40.. If you wanted too... No this mech does not disappoint. Far from it... Posted Image

Edited by ShinVector, 08 January 2016 - 11:42 PM.

#7 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:30 AM

I did the silly thing with my MX90.

1x LB10X AC
1x UAC5
1x AC2
1x ER PPC
3x MG

STD 300
Doesn't stop firing.

#8 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:41 PM

MX90 with six AC/2s. You're welcome.

#9 Grimm Peaper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEnjoys long walks with Assault mechs

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

What I don't understand is why people say the Mauler doesn't have the hitboxes to brawl. The shoulder arm shields are huge. What makes the mauler more fragile than say a Victor or Highlander, which people brawled with before?

If the mauler isn't good for brawling, what is it good for? Mid range fire support? and oh god, don't say LRM.

#10 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

It brawls ok with two Ac20s. That said, it's probably best used as a mid range gun boat.

#11 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

Quint AC5s and a machinegun to puch an AC5 higher, or quad UAC 5, while trimming some of the leg and arm armor as needed. All it needs, even with a 270 STD engine. If you want to goof around, as many LBX 10s or ACs as you can cram and get right in their face cackling like the Joker or peppering them at range (though I don't recommend either seriously). With the UAC5s you can trim a bit of ammo and put in a couple of med lasers as backups.

Avoid the XL; they don't have enough torso twisting speed to spread damage well despite having those nice shoulder shields to make it worthwhile enough to rely on (and you'll still be moving slow as hell with it regardless along with it eating up 3 slots in each torso).

#12 Kelenas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:01 PM

View PostGrimm Peaper, on 11 January 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

What I don't understand is why people say the Mauler doesn't have the hitboxes to brawl. The shoulder arm shields are huge. What makes the mauler more fragile than say a Victor or Highlander, which people brawled with before?

If the mauler isn't good for brawling, what is it good for? Mid range fire support? and oh god, don't say LRM.

Brawling with a Mauler isn't bad is the strictest sense(although it is kinda clunky in it's movement, so not as tanky as you'd think). It's kinda like lurming in an Atlas, possible but totally missing the point. The Mauler is one of the best midrange dakka boats in the game, that's it's niche. And well, yea, the Mauler 1R can rain lurms with the best of them. Which does make for a very good money maker if you have the resistance varient lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users