#41 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:44 AM

Void Angel,

I have rarely every clicked on a more hilarious posting on these here forums. Just perfect.

#42 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:51 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 07 January 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

Void Angel,

I have rarely every clicked on a more hilarious posting on these here forums. Just perfect.

If it got sent to K Town at least we could get it some cake and rehabilitate it

#43 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:51 AM

View PostKahnWongFuChung, on 07 January 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

some very sour stuff

Dear young person. I would highly recommend you give up MWO and try something else. Your perspective on reality is becoming blurred and it is apparent you need a break from MWO and or Gaming entirely.

Edited by Almond Brown, 07 January 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#44 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 07 January 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

Dear young person. I would highly recommend you give up MWO and try something else. Your perspective on reality is becoming blurred and it is apparent you need a break from MWO and or Gaming entirely.

This is what happens when one orders "discount tinfoil hats" from online distributors.

Tinfoil hats should NEVER be one size fits all, and this one has apparently constricted the brain and is cutting off blood flow. (when combined with swollen epeen, it can reach crisis levels very fast. very dangerous combo!) Much sad. Hopefully he ordered thru Amazon, as they have a very good return policy.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 07 January 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#45 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

I have no idea what you are trying to say but it sounds incorrect.

#46 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:08 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 January 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

No, I'm still here.

I saw what you did there.

I may be frustrated with pgi and more than a little critical but I've gotten a lot of pasty time out of it and the forums entertain me at work.

These sorts of screeds... I just don't know. When I get pissed at pgi I just cancel my pre-orders and move on.

#47 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

The thing I don't get about these anti-PGI, anti-MWO, "black knight-ing" style threads is what the point is? I mean do posters such as the OP here feel like they are doing a community service by educating the ignorant to their more enlightened views...or something? Don't get me wrong, I think discussions involving legitimate criticisms are valuable, but that isn't what this is. Its hearsay and/or baseless accusations and seemingly random non-sequiturs. What does one hope to achieve with that? Perhaps I am too much of a internet ludite to understand the whole trolling thing.

I mean screeds about the devs lying, or that the game sucks aren't even entertaining (though I admit some of the responses usually are so perhaps that is the value right there...so thanks OP...I guess?). Everytime I see one of these threads though I do often wonder about the personal motivation behind them. Regardless, thanks OP for giving me a nice distraction at work.

#48 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 07 January 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

The thing I don't get about these anti-PGI, anti-MWO, "black knight-ing" style threads is what the point is? I mean do posters such as the OP here feel like they are doing a community service by educating the ignorant to their more enlightened views...or something? Don't get me wrong, I think discussions involving legitimate criticisms are valuable, but that isn't what this is. Its hearsay and/or baseless accusations and seemingly random non-sequiturs. What does one hope to achieve with that? Perhaps I am too much of a internet ludite to understand the whole trolling thing.

I mean screeds about the devs lying, or that the game sucks aren't even entertaining (though I admit some of the responses usually are so perhaps that is the value right there...so thanks OP...I guess?). Everytime I see one of these threads though I do often wonder about the personal motivation behind them. Regardless, thanks OP for giving me a nice distraction at work.

It's one of two things
1.) They just like to troll
2.) They're really delusional to think that the majority of players here believe their crap

#49 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 07 January 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

I may be frustrated with pgi and more than a little critical but I've gotten a lot of pasty time out of it and the forums entertain me at work.

These sorts of screeds... I just don't know. When I get pissed at pgi I just cancel my pre-orders and move on.

But that's incorrect etiquette Mischief...

You have to still BUY your pre orders but you have to threaten not to, and you also must threaten to uninstall and sully PGI's name on some random internet forums because you are butt hurt.

You are also about 2 temper tantrums short of par....

#50 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

OP's quote from Russ is when PGI spun Brian off into his own little Transverse world that failed, and then OP used it completely out of context to say he is displeased with the state of the game. Misleading trolling much?

Nice try, OP, but some of us have been here for a long time. Quit trying to scare the Steam kiddies away. Jumping into CW too fast is already doing that for them.

#51 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostSandpit, on 07 January 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

It's one of two things
1.) They just like to troll
2.) They're really delusional to think that the majority of players here believe their crap

Or that anything they say is original, true, or even accurate. Mostly its liable and slander which has been sensationalized to read better on the forums. With buzz words and using names like Transverse, Russ, IGP trying to sound like they are in the loop...

So far off it they cant even see the one the rest of us are riding on...

#52 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

It's not really a 'black knight' thread if the first line is, "MWO is a good mech game".

I think he's just tryin to say it shoulda, coulda, woulda been better off if 'insert pure opinion here'.

And he seems a bit miffed that they are only going to continue developing if people put continue to put money into it. He thinks this is blaming the players. But OP if players ain't buying, it's PGI fault, but still doesn't mean they'll continue just to loose money.

#53 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 07 January 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

OP's quote from Russ is when PGI spun Brian off into his own little Transverse world that failed, and then OP used it completely out of context to say he is displeased with the state of the game. Misleading trolling much?

Nice try, OP, but some of us have been here for a long time. Quit trying to scare the Steam kiddies away. Jumping into CW too fast is already doing that for them.

Except Bryan is still missing, and when the Kickstarter for Transverse failed their words "we're going to take it back under wraps for now".

I'd say it's still around, weather it ever comes to anything i suppose depends on the continued financial stream.

#54 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 07 January 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

I did that once. Then PGI straightened out the issue that set me off, and I missed out on the early adopters, etc.

So, for me, unless I see PGI really head into the tank (cave into the make everything vanilla, DPS, etc), I just feel that's self defeating. But then, I still enjoy it enough that it's my primary game. If I wasn't really playing anymore, than I guess, cancelling stuff might make more sense, for me personally.

View PostDV McKenna, on 07 January 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Except Bryan is still missing, and when the Kickstarter for Transverse failed their words "we're going to take it back under wraps for now".

I'd say it's still around, weather it ever comes to anything i suppose depends on the continued financial stream.

I killed Bryan in game just a few weeks ago.....

SO I think "fugitive on the run" might be a better description......

And hey....if they were to pop back up with it, retitled Aerotech, and have it tied to a Global CW map with MWO, I'd probably back it.

#55 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:11 PM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 07 January 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

When did he post it? When Transverse was announced? Or recently, which would mean that they are working on a second project.

It sounds a lot like his Transverse post. I think the OP is digging up old news.

#56 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 07 January 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

Don't feed the troll.

Posted Image

#57 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:20 PM

View PostSandpit, on 07 January 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

If it got sent to K Town at least we could get it some cake and rehabilitate it

He Meant This.

#58 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:20 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 January 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

I did that once. Then PGI straightened out the issue that set me off, and I missed out on the early adopters, etc.

So, for me, unless I see PGI really head into the tank (cave into the make everything vanilla, DPS, etc), I just feel that's self defeating. But then, I still enjoy it enough that it's my primary game. If I wasn't really playing anymore, than I guess, cancelling stuff might make more sense, for me personally.

I killed Bryan in game just a few weeks ago.....

SO I think "fugitive on the run" might be a better description......

And hey....if they were to pop back up with it, retitled Aerotech, and have it tied to a Global CW map with MWO, I'd probably back it.

I've made my opinion on quirks and the pace of CW development clear. I canceled my Unseen preorders, which stung. I won't re-buy them either, nor the new ones even though I like them more than any prior package.

However I don't tell other people how to spend their money or otherwise act a fool about it.

#59 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 07 January 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

Strange I've had dozens of friends join this game. And these are hardcore COD people. Those that get the learning curve tell me wow this game is good and hard. They called it a real challenge. I foresee a time soon that people will want a more of a challenge to their skill. Not just some point and click shooter. This game requires not only shooting skill but picking up the tactical nuances also. If PGI would get a clue and add Aero-fighters and tanks to the game. I can see Firestarters running like hell from a pack of hover tanks. Or dive bombing a slow arsed Dire Wolf. "Awww hell - honey I need that credit card back you took." Get them in the game PGI seriously. Posted Image

If you think this game has tactics then I think you better go have a look at WWIIOL as lots of fans of Mechwarrior were expecting something more along that line when PGI announced it as a "Mech Combat Simulator" prior to changing the direction well after being crowd funded.

Fans wanted MWO to be more strategic with a persistent world rather than COD twitch shooter like which we have today.
The FPS crowed got what they wanted with game design direction. Which is why CW is such a pain. A full on simulation such as WWIIOL uses vastly different mechanics than a twitch shooter.

It is what it is and the OP should move on as there are to many FPS twitch shooter players driving the developmental direction of the game to steer it towards simulation now.

krash27

#60 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

I didn't read most of this thread, but MWO is going on 4 years now. If PGI wasn't working on a second project, I'd be worried about their long term business strategies.

However, it'll be interesting to see if they've used money from MWO to go ahead and complete Transverse without crowd funding. I don't remember exactly how he worded it, but the last message from Bryan Ekman sounded to me like he wanted to do that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users