66 replies to this topic

#61 C I L L I P U D D I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

Don't like MWO, don't play.

You spent money on the game and think your opinion should mean something? Did you spend money in PGI stock? If you didn't buy stock then your opinion don't matter homie. You bought a product and you can always charge back all your purchases and never play again. (not sure about all of them)

Hard fact of the matter is the old heads are or have left and surprisingly the community is better for it. The people who want to play MWO for what it is, a shooter, love it.

Don't like PGI butchered your almighty sacred lore from BT, don't play.

PGI wont add every single defensive item from Sarna.net to make you live longer so you can finally break 200 damage, don't play.

If you don't like something, don't be around it. If your sole purpose is to ruin other peoples experience because you don't like it go join r/MWO and have fun with that basket full of bitterness and salt. Whine and cry and ***** and moan all you want, but this game is growing since Steam Launch and is heading in a good direction. Hopefully, this payout tourney will get some bigger sponsor names involved and help the community grow even more.

Competitive growth will kill off the last bitter vet hold outs and Lore-nuts, then this game's community can have honest talks about weapon and mech balancing.

#62 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:54 PM

View PostCillipuddi, on 07 January 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

Competitive growth will kill off the last bitter vet hold outs and Lore-nuts, then this game's community can have honest talks about weapon and mech balancing.

Posted Image

There will never be weapon balance.
They nerfed the second worst weapon in the game in 3 separate fashions, at the same time, because they "fixed" hitreg last year. Still worthless, and not a touch since.

Flamers are going on their 4th year anniversary as a worthless weapon.

Comp teams or Bitter Vets, it doesn't make a difference. PGI won't listen to any side, and the Nerfinator will do what he pleases...nerf things that kill him.

#63 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostCillipuddi, on 07 January 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

Don't like MWO, don't play.

You spent money on the game and think your opinion should mean something? Did you spend money in PGI stock? If you didn't buy stock then your opinion don't matter homie. You bought a product and you can always charge back all your purchases and never play again. (not sure about all of them)

Hard fact of the matter is the old heads are or have left and surprisingly the community is better for it. The people who want to play MWO for what it is, a shooter, love it.

Don't like PGI butchered your almighty sacred lore from BT, don't play.

PGI wont add every single defensive item from Sarna.net to make you live longer so you can finally break 200 damage, don't play.

If you don't like something, don't be around it. If your sole purpose is to ruin other peoples experience because you don't like it go join r/MWO and have fun with that basket full of bitterness and salt. Whine and cry and ***** and moan all you want, but this game is growing since Steam Launch and is heading in a good direction. Hopefully, this payout tourney will get some bigger sponsor names involved and help the community grow even more.

While I agree with some of what you say, I don't think you can completely abandon lore. This game will NEVER EVER compete with the other esports games. Its too niche. I also think there are plenty of us old salty vets who literally launched this game with our money. We're here because of the lore, the nostalgia.

There is a place for balance and lore. There is a place for the CodKidZ and the O.L.D.Farts. Its here. In this game. I say, disagree vehemently if you must. Yell, scream, whine. Just so long as you play. I like having someone to shoot at.

#64 C I L L I P U D D I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:20 PM

I think the issue I have with guys who say "some of us built the game with our money" (not an individual attack on you btw) is that I've spent hundreds if not thousands on this game as well. I'm not a founder nor did I put money into any Kickstarter type thing for the game. I have, however, spent money on MC, Mechs, Mech Packs, etc. and I don't have a thought process of "I spent money therefore PGI has to listen to me."

I don't know where those thoughts come from but it gets old hearing "Russ doesn't listen to us." or "PGI is just here for our money." or my favorite "(insert mech here) doesn't look or was built like this in the Lore." When in fact if you pay attention to the last year, after PGI finally sorted things out from IGP, they do listen, and they do communicate. You just have to look for some of it outside of the Gen Discussion forums and it doesnt all come at once, but mostly piece by piece.

No Company listens to every idea that comes across their table, probably not even 90%+ of the ideas that come across. That would be suicide. I don't see why PGI would be any different.

I hear "niche game" so much and it's silly. Like this game can only be played by people who have played other MW or BT games and must only be kept inside that community. I want everyone to play this game, and enjoy it.

As far as, "will never be as big as other Esports", you're right. This will never be League of Legends, DOTA, or CSgo. What it can be is more like WoT's esports scene, very easily in fact. It's taken WoT forever to get to where it's at, as far as Esports is concerned, but it's growing every season. I would love to see Dignitas, Cloud9, or Fanatic sponsors get involved with this game. If you don't think those sponsors have a say in game balancing and population growth you don't know too much about the gaming community.

#65 KahnWongFuChung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:48 PM

It does not matter MWO is a fail as far as a E-sport never going to happen the game does not attract even Japanese kids and Mecha animation types. Russ and PGI still have a way to make MWO back into a real MechWarrior/BattleTech game before it takes a final dump for the worse like Hawken has.

Like I and many have said if MWO goes belly up its not the fans and players fault it is the Devs fault not making MWO more diverse type game play and social intensive.

There was even this poor player saying in a forum topic PGI was ****-ing him over took his money and he then he realized the new vote MM system was total crap and 90% of his games were skirmish and 70% were on the same maps LOL. Poor fool does not know PGI has been pulling the same crap for 3 years going on 4.

Edited by KahnWongFuChung, 07 January 2016 - 08:49 PM.

#66 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:18 PM

About what game the OP is talking? Looks like someone took the wrong forum to post nonsense.

#67 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:39 AM

How is it like WOT or COD with mech skins? dammit th entire emchanics of this game are still exactly like the old MWO, just with some different values for dmg and heat. But he entire way how mechs move is basically the same it's nearly MW1 like, with the exeption that MW1 fo technical reasons didn't had torso twist.

The designers, especially those for map asses are probably not having much work anymore. So in the time they have left they can work on other games and projects without influencing MWO. Same goes for level designers, once the maps are overhauled these people can work on other games without impacting MWO's development.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users