25 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:30 AM

The following document was leaked to the Seraphim News Network after the fighting broke out yesterday on Zion:

6 January 3051

LCCC Headquarters
New Bastogne
Dieudonne, Free Worlds League

To: Seraphim Command

RE: Operation Flaming Sword

Col. Reed:

It is understood that border skirmishes are a way of life in the relationship between the Free Worlds League and the Capellan Confederation.

Though we are allied under the 3022 Concord of Kapteyn with both Houses Liao and Kurita, there will be objective raids staged across borders from time to time. With the arrival of the Clan threat, even loyalist units of the three Noble Houses see the Accord as a thing of the past.

The Captain-General has been closely monitoring the reports on the Marik-Liao front.

Background:
It appears that mercenaries crossed the border during December and seized control of Les Halles and Shuen Wan. These opportunistic mercenaries took advantage of our redeployment of the Fifth Marik Militia RCT (Les Halles) and Barrett’s Fusiliers RCT (Shuen Wan) to the Marik-Davion Front.

Les Halles was the biggest loss here as we will sorely miss its dropship repair yards and aerospace fuel refineries. It’s loss is sure to have a negative impact on the FWL economy.

Within 24 hours of the ending of the siege of Phact (against House Davion), a push by Liao-affiliated mercenaries led to Liao’s military control of the planet before the FWLM garrison units could arrive.

The most disturbing trend, however, was the capture of Zion, Suzano, Ventabren, and Elnath by the 1st Tikonov Rangers. This loyalist unit took advantage of the redeployment of the Stealthy Tigers and federal forces to the Davion front so that they could strike hard into the Zion Province.

The Marik War Council is still confused over this action as none of these planets had revived even a marginal industrial base due to these repetitive border clashes.

We have received conflicting reports from Capellan News Services, diplomatic communications from Sian, and even our SAFE agents planted throughout Capellan space. These communiqués and intercepts allude to everything from the abolition of the Kapteyn Accord (War declaration against House Marik), boredom due to the inability to open a wider attack lane on House Davion, and the implementation of staging areas to push back to Tikonov and Liao.

Operational Parameters:
Whatever the reason, these encroachments on the Free Worlds League cannot stand. All of these actions have led to Operation Flaming Sword.

The primary objective of Operation Flaming Sword is to recapture Zion and Suzano to reunite the Zion Province and restore their trade routes to the Dieudonne District.

The secondary objective is to capture five more planets to a) restore the tax base that was lost through these Liao attacks and attempt to secure a stronger front against House Davion.

No action will be taken against the Draconis Combine as we are still at peace with their Great House and trade between our two Houses has been mutually beneficial.

Federal and Mercenary forces are to be removed from the Davion Front and will be redeployed along the Marik-Liao border to reclaim these worlds and to strengthen our defenses along that border as well.

This is a static operation with clearly defined goals to restore what was lost … this is not an invasion.

This communiqué will be shared publically after the initial phase of this operation so that all of the Great Houses of the Inner Sphere will know our reasoning and our intention to restore resources to our economy to replace that which was wrested from us.

The Captain-General has no interest in ignoring the Kapteyn Accords and beginning a three front war. He is, however, responsible for the continued growth of our economy and that is the key premise for this action.

This is NOT a declaration of war. This is a police action only.

We know you are anxious to return Zion to Marik control. That is why we chose your unit to spearhead the assault on the capital of the Zion Province. We will update your objectives and direction daily.

It is critical that you avoid damaging HPGs along the way as it will impede your reception of our orders.

Also, please steer clear of all civilian population centers to avoid collateral losses and the risk of incurring a communication interdiction from ComStar. To that end, do not allow the enemy to goad you and draw you into population centers.

If the Capellan loyalists, mercs, and garrisons will not come out to meet you honorably, establish a garrison strong enough to insure the planet’s eventual capture.

We appreciate your service and look forward to your field reports in the days ahead.

Godspeed, Colonel,

Marshal Anne-Marie van Creveld
Head of the Dieudonne Military District
Regional Marshal of the League Central Coordination and Command

Edited by Alex Reed, 09 January 2016 - 10:30 AM.

#2 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

Posted Image

8 January 3051: SNN reports "Opening Moves of Operation Flaming Sword"

Edited by Alex Reed, 09 January 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#3 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

Not to be confused with the operation where Liao teenagers air-dropped what was essentially 300 metric tonnes of burning animal refuse on the doorstep of Zion's presidential palace...

Operation Flaming ****

I felt so bad for the Atlas that tried to stomp it out...

Edited by MovinTarget, 09 January 2016 - 01:30 PM.

#4 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

The Phoenix Legion's last operation for House Marik took place tonight. We wrestled Gan Singh from Liao and defended Zion from the "green swarm", beating TCAF multiple times on Gan Singh.

It was great fun and those were fair and hard fought games - thanks to all that fought with us and against us!

#5 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

I could care less about the northern planets. I want Wazan, Old Kentucky, and Phract back. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into those planets and they should be purple. They are the heart of the vet Marik population and the scene of one of the most brutal battles between any faction in clanwars. We won them fair and square in CW1 and I say lets take them back.

#6 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:07 PM

9 January 3051

Zion
Zion Province
Dieudonne Military District
Free Worlds League

As the first day of Operation Flaming Sword is halfway over, it first appears that the attacks have stalled.

I have watched wave after wave of Liao attackers drop and rumble across the horizon in an attempt to retake Zion. Thus far, these invaders have not been able to penetrate the static defenses of the Phoenix Legion. With five companies deployed around the perimeter of the capital, the Legion has made good on their commander's promise ... "Not a single shell will hit this city."

I must say, we have been very blessed indeed to have these fierce warriors with us. As their contract with House Marik expires, I wonder why the Captain General did not offer more to retain these noble warriors in House Marik?

In other news, the fighting has been fierce for Gan Singh as Seraphim and other FWLM forces began the assault just after midnight last night. The 1st Tikonov Rangers and other Capellan loyalists have put up a valiant defense and made the FWLM earn each inch of ground with fire and blood.

Intercepts from battle comms revealed the dismay of the Liao militia garrison in the early stages as Operation Flaming Sword caught them totally off guard.

"Why the -CENSORED- are Mariks attacking Liao?" asked one of the militia. When Colonel Alex Reed informed them that this was in response to the annexation of 8 Marik worlds by House Liao loyalists and mercenaries, the response was, "Why are you not attacking those worlds then? If you capture Gan Singh, you block our path back to Liao." The comms were interrupted at that point as laser fire melted the antenna on Colonel Reed's 'Mech.

A press release issued from the office of Marshal von Creveld said, “We recognize the Capellan desire to expand their holdings and recover what Hanse Davion took from them so long ago. However, we do not recognize the legitimacy of these unwarranted attacks on the sovereignty of the Free Worlds League and we take an aggrieved stance against House Liao. Let me be perfectly clear. It is not our desire to start a war with our neighbors. It is, however, our strong desire to reclaim what was wrongly taken from us.”

Mitchell Gant, Seraphim News Network reporting

*** UPDATE ***

After FWLM Federal Forces probed and tested the Capellan defenses on Gan Singh through the night last night, it appears that the all night effort was successful as Phoenix Legion captured the planet for House Marik late today on the last day of their contract.

The Seraphim Regiment salutes the brave soldiers of the Phoenix Legion. This unit is a unit of honor and integrity. It was our honor to serve beside them.

Godspeed, Phoenix Legion,

Alex Reed

Edited by Alex Reed, 09 January 2016 - 06:13 PM.

#7 Baphomech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:30 PM

Regardless of the actions of those mercenaries, or the 1st Tikonov, do you honestly think we will roll over and let you retake the stated worlds as part of your dubious "police action?" Those planets now belong to the Chancellor, and any efforts to recapture them, or others for "restoring your tax base," will be met with lethal force. It would be wise for your Captain-General to leave things where they stand.

#8 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

Now now. You had your fun and its time to give back the toys you borrowed. You dont get to keep what isnt yours.

#9 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:08 PM

View PostYogSothoth, on 09 January 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

Regardless of the actions of those mercenaries, or the 1st Tikonov, do you honestly think we will roll over

Your women did ;)

#10 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:18 PM

View PostYogSothoth, on 09 January 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

Regardless of the actions of those mercenaries, or the 1st Tikonov, do you honestly think we will roll over and let you retake the stated worlds as part of your dubious "police action?"

Sure, why not? You expected it of us.

#11 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:59 AM

I think I dropped the keys to my Locust on Gan Singh, can you guys keep an eye out for them please?

#12 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:42 AM

speaking for a Liao loyal Unit, your so called police actions are upsetting loyalists not only in my unit but across the entire capellan confederation. You are not reclaiming territory unrightfully taken from you, you are now cutting off our path towards planet Liao. This kind of agression is not tolerable! refrain from that path and we can renegotiate peace talks, continue down that road and it will result in an all out war.
Remember that a rogue merc unit started all of this and tcaf was mesmerized by them. These actions do not reflect the position of the other loyalists that still believe in the NAP.
SHZ stands behind the NAP, we will defend any Planet on the path towards Liao, and we will attack any planet on our path to Liao. We do not consider this a violation of the NAP hence we rightfully liberated them from Davion. They now belong to us, we will take them back.

#13 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:29 AM

View PostDanjo San, on 10 January 2016 - 04:42 AM, said:

They now belong to us, we will take them back.

You'll try.

I've already staked out my private beach. Sorry, I might do some summer rentals at some point though. I kept offering invites to our tailgating parties instead of fighting, but you guys just kept shooting at me. Your women liked the parties, but you guys are way too violent.

I'll send you a selfie from Ascuncion

Marikah!

#14 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:11 AM

Asuncion is ours! On to Styk!

Also while SRPH has the tag it was a dedicated mixed FWLM group lead by stormeagle of the 1FWG that persevered to take the planet.

#15 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

i was wondering to why you guys are so eager to do ghostdrops all day long.
well, i guess it takes time to write lorefriendly forum posts.

#16 Paul GadlinG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 178 posts
  • LocationRussia, Seversk

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:36 AM

Posted Image

This works ))

Edited by Paul GadlinG, 10 January 2016 - 08:36 AM.

#17 P H O X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:08 AM

Hey!

Time to say thank you for the good time and farewell!
Was really nice with the Mariks! Maybe we will be around for another bout soon!

Goodbye!

#18 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:06 PM

View PostDanjo San, on 10 January 2016 - 04:42 AM, said:

speaking for a Liao loyal Unit, your so called police actions are upsetting loyalists not only in my unit but across the entire capellan confederation. You are not reclaiming territory unrightfully taken from you, you are now cutting off our path towards planet Liao. This kind of agression is not tolerable! refrain from that path and we can renegotiate peace talks, continue down that road and it will result in an all out war.
Remember that a rogue merc unit started all of this and tcaf was mesmerized by them. These actions do not reflect the position of the other loyalists that still believe in the NAP.
SHZ stands behind the NAP, we will defend any Planet on the path towards Liao, and we will attack any planet on our path to Liao. We do not consider this a violation of the NAP hence we rightfully liberated them from Davion. They now belong to us, we will take them back.

Danjo San,

All RP aside. Once we have eight planets, I am sure that House Marik would be happy to work with House Liao to set up skirmishes to move the algorithm so that you can capture the planets you need to restore Liao to Liao and so that we can capture Suzano and move on a more southeasterly path. It may take some time and patience to do so ... or maybe Phase Three will hit before we complete it ... but the Seraphim are willing to do just that -- restore what was taken from us while also providing Liao loyalists the path that they desire.

I can only speak for the Seraphim in this. If the FWLM War Council decides to push the battle beyond the initial eight planets or block a renegotiated Liao lane towards Liao, the Seraphim Regiment will not take part in those actions.

#19 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostLOADED, on 10 January 2016 - 06:19 AM, said:

i was wondering to why you guys are so eager to do ghostdrops all day long.
well, i guess it takes time to write lorefriendly forum posts.

Actually my posts were written before Operation Flaming Sword began since the operation was planned a week before it was implemented. No, we spent the ghost drops enjoying the fellowship of the Seraphim ... telling jokes, playing trivia, and other things to pass the time. It was also great to meet Marik PUGs in the the drops and train them in the basics of generator locations, etc. to help raise our faction level of play on all levels. So, these were not your standard ghost drops.

AS & TCAF taught us the tactic as they captured their eight Marik worlds, it was only fair to see it deployed against Liao.

Also, I have heard through SAFE agents on the Liao TS that once Operation Flaming Sword kicked off with two battalions hitting Zion Friday night that players were encouraging one another not to go to Zion.

So you are ridiculing the wrong side in the ghostdrops, perhaps?

Edited by Alex Reed, 10 January 2016 - 12:15 PM.

#20 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:25 PM

It doesnt really matter what Liao loyalists say since TCAF has declared open war on us and continues to take our planets. They are the largest group too my knowledge in Liao and until they cease attacks there is no point in us listening to loyalists. Most of the planets we lost have TCAF tags on them and any kind of NAP that they refuse to agree too will just lead to more attacks and planets lost. Its ridiculous for us to continue to lose planets to them just to keep the rest of the Liao loyalists happy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users