48 replies to this topic

#41 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:47 AM

I wanted to bump this thread because I am having the same issue with my gtx 980 ti. Fullscreen and windowed fullscreen wont work for me. It reverts to 720p regardless of what resolution I set it to. My native resolution is 2560x1440 so it's very irritating. DX 9 works until I exit the game and restart it. Then it just crashes so I can't even get in the game. I therefore have to delete my attributes file which resets the default to 720 p windowed and I can change the resolution in game at that point.

#42 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:36 AM

And disabling the dvr/shadowplay/overlays didn't work?

#43 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:11 PM

View PostFlapdrol, on 08 February 2016 - 08:36 AM, said:

And disabling the dvr/shadowplay/overlays didn't work?

I know I have the xbox dvr disabled. I didn't think I enabled anything like shadowplay, but I will check to see if it is enabled. That is the nvidia geforce experience overlay right? I have not owned an nvidia card in awhile.

#44 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:32 PM

Shadowplay is Nvidia's crappy equivalent to AMD's "GVR" feature. It records GPU-encoded gameplay automatically out to 15ish minutes, which can then be saved with a hotkey if something cool happens. I have the Geforce Experience overlay active for fps, Shadowplay turned on, and I have Overwolf installed and running, which I use in place of Shadowplay for recording. I have positively zero issues, though I don't run the game in DX11 because there's no reason to.

#45 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:25 AM

It's not just gpu encoded, you can do that even with msi afterburner. It also bypasses directx, so there is no fps drop, but because of that it's fullscreen only.

I think shadowplay is pretty neat, but not neat enough to install the geforce experience bloatware agian :)

#46 Vaenson

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

to remove the xboc app did it for me...thanks for the info!

Win 10
Admin -> Powershell
Command:
Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
return
restart...annoying problem gone

#47 Vaenson

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:10 PM

As this at the end doesnt fully solved the problem, the only way to get around the issue was to disable the ability of software to adjust my screen scaling in nvidia settings -> desktop size & position

#48 Maddreg

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts
  • LocationRussia, Saint-Petersburg

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

Had similar issue, with only difference that I have 1 monitor. The problem gone after I switched off MSI's gaming app OD with GPU temp and FPS. Didn't use that app before and didn't launch MWO after I updated to win 10 couple of weeks ago

#49 repete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 522 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:06 AM

Old topic, but thought I'd comment since it recently helped me.

New machine, with a GTX 1080, and found I couldn't change the res in MWO. No matter what I did with the settings, the screen resolution stayed the same, even when Alt-Enter to switch to full screen.

Cause was NZXT's CAM software overlay. Disabling this allowed me to change the screen resolution.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users