#1 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

https://twitter.com/...315912983543808

I find this very impressive, since I remember the old player counter from closed and open beta times.

Kudos PGI! Happy the game is healthy.

PS: Eat that debbie downers!

PPS: Still probably less than Bishop's number of posts here :P

Edited by TexAce, 10 January 2016 - 03:01 PM.

#2 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

I just wish they'd get out of tier 5 so I can kill them.
Haha I kid.
This is the kind of thing I wish Russ would post on here himself. It would mean a lot.
Your thoughts mirrored mine. Eat that, 'game is dieing' crowd. You should post this is in the Steam forums to watch them squirm

Edited by Team Chevy86, 10 January 2016 - 03:23 PM.

#3 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

Funny that, all steam numbers are showing a decline in players already.

#4 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

#5 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 10 January 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

Funny that, all steam numbers are showing a decline in players already.

This is a decline? http://steamcharts.com/app/342200#1m

Still top 99 on Steam, even without counting the non-Steam folks.

Sadly only Russ/PGI knows how many are playing that are not Steam players.

Edited by Ronan, 10 January 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#6 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 10 January 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

I've been monitoring that rather closely since Steam release and the concurrent peak and current has been steadily climbing. It's noticeably lower on weekdays, it sometimes won't even make it on the top 99.

#7 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

Whats this 7 days free premium? is that just for logging in?

#8 Hatchet Jack

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 10 January 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

Whats this 7 days free premium? is that just for logging in?

Right here: http://mwomercs.com/...ays-free-active

#9 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:18 PM

Does that mean we can do away with the crappy voting system and return to selecting our games modes instead of being forced into crap we hate?

#10 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:41 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 11 January 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

Does that mean we can do away with the crappy voting system and return to selecting our games modes instead of being forced into crap we hate?

you know, I think you didn't get that multiplayer thing right. this is not a solo game, we are not here so that you can have a great time.

It is more like playground for kids. And you are invited to play with us. But you have to play what the majority wants to play or you can go back to your sandpit and waste your time alone.

Edited by 627, 11 January 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#11 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:52 PM

Wow , there could never have been that many players on then as steam said 2.8k players were on this evening!

So standard Community + maybe 2.8k ... assuming that 2.8k were not old players like myself that tied our steam account to the game!

The real question is ' how long until the grind hits the steam players?'

The fact is that this game has managed to lose real fans of the franchise , so how easy will it be to lose people that are just trying out yet another free game?

#12 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

View Post627, on 11 January 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

you know, I think you didn't get that multiplayer thing right. this is not a solo game, we are not here so that you can have a great time.

It is more like playground for kids. And you are invited to play with us. But you have to play what the majority wants to play or you can go back to your sandpit and waste your time alone.

This is just selfish and stupid. Back before the voting everyone was perfectly happy (except for PGI who were upset nobody liked their horricrap conquest game mode). There's no reason to frustrate people by making them play horrible game modes just because two or three people with really high multipliers want said crap mode. The voting on the maps was perfectly fine (even if we get stuck with Terra Therma for some God forsaken reason on occasion), but the mode vote will end up driving some people away from this game for no reason.

#13 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

View Postztac, on 11 January 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

Wow , there could never have been that many players on then as steam said 2.8k players were on this evening!

So standard Community + maybe 2.8k ... assuming that 2.8k were not old players like myself that tied our steam account to the game!

The fact is that this game has managed to lose real fans of the franchise , so how easy will it be to lose people that are just trying out yet another free game?

eh, the grind here is nothing compared to pretty much every other f2p title on the market

#14 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

As a MW fan boy with deep pockets who found out that we weren't the target audience......I'd say extremely easy.
Many FB's have settled for this is the only BT game option or have left for the new kick-starter or other games. The price is simply too high. Once players start to regret buying a mech on looks alone and learning the truth. It's going to cause some bad blood.

#15 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:45 PM

View Postdemoyn, on 11 January 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

This is just selfish and stupid. Back before the voting everyone was perfectly happy (except for PGI who were upset nobody liked their horricrap conquest game mode). There's no reason to frustrate people by making them play horrible game modes just because two or three people with really high multipliers want said crap mode. The voting on the maps was perfectly fine (even if we get stuck with Terra Therma for some God forsaken reason on occasion), but the mode vote will end up driving some people away from this game for no reason.

No, my time spent "Searching" for a match has plummeted. I am super happy with he new voting system, because I would toss any game aside if I had to search for more than 2 minutes per match all the time. I search for a few seconds, now.

Seriously, my Searching routine went from "Click Search, fetch beer, reload glassware, return to chair, wait for match" to "Click search, think about a beer, too late for beer; voting just started."

Edited by Prosperity Park, 11 January 2016 - 03:46 PM.

#16 Zibmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:54 PM

I hate that:

I'm forced to EVER play Assault mode. Waste of time.
I'm forced to play maps I detest (like Da Bawg).

So, I'm not sure I like the "voting" thing. One thing I don't really care for is the "Imma vote for crap choices so I get my multiplier up" because it forces (sometimes) bad maps/modes. Like Assault on Crimson Strait (where the side on the garage side of the saddle has an advantage in capping - mostly because of herd behavior). Or Conquest on Terra Therma where teams either: 1-Stack up in the doorway and get taken down 1 by 1 to try for Theta or 2-Assaults go for Epsilon, where the opposing team has two lances spawning and overwhelm the fatties in the first 5 minutes of the match.

#17 Volthorne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

Slight misunderstanding here. That number is the CONCURRENT users. That means the number of users playing at the same time. The total number of players will be much higher, as illustrated in this graph (third one down). If the "players in last two weeks" count stabilizes at ~80k then MW:O is in far better shape than most other F2P titles (it's also in the top 20 of all the F2P titles tracked by SteamDB in peak hours).

#18 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

View Post627, on 11 January 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

you can go back to your sandpit and waste your time alone.

hey leave me out of it Posted Image

It's amazing how things work around here sometimes (even after 3 years of watching it so "impressing" me is hard in this case)

PGI "Here's some factual data for our community"

Player A "Obviously they're lying, you should believe me and my ideas instead because I have the "true" data. Me and my 5 friends played 100 games so we obviously have the most comprehensive data and our experience was contrary to the "inaccurate" data PGI gave us"

smh

There's always going to be a few though lol

View PostZibmo, on 11 January 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

Imma vote for crap choices

because it couldn't possibly be that maybe, just maybe, your opinion on "bad" in this regard isn't a factual issue and other players just might (stick with me now) have a differing opinion and actually like a map you don't right?
lol

#19 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostSandpit, on 11 January 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

because it couldn't possibly be that maybe, just maybe, your opinion on "bad" in this regard isn't a factual issue and other players just might (stick with me now) have a differing opinion and actually like a map you don't right?
lol

I am known to vote for Mordor when i drop with only Autocannons... My AC/5 gets a 15% to-hit modifier in the presence of LaserVomit tears.

#20 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostVolthorne, on 11 January 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Slight misunderstanding here. That number is the CONCURRENT users. That means the number of users playing at the same time. The total number of players will be much higher, as illustrated in this graph (third one down). If the "players in last two weeks" count stabilizes at ~80k then MW:O is in far better shape than most other F2P titles (it's also in the top 20 of all the F2P titles tracked by SteamDB in peak hours).

Trying to explain statistics and data collection to some on this forum is one of the most futile things I ever tried to do lol

You're jsut going to get a LOT of strawman arguments put up, examples of horrible data sampling, anecdotal evidence, ignorant statements regarding causality and correlation, and stating personal opinions as factual. I applaud you sir, but be prepared lol

I'm glad to see MWO on the upswing again. Lots of new and old faces coming into Marik's TS server. It's been some of the most fun I've ever had in MWO over the past month or so honestly.

View PostProsperity Park, on 11 January 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

I am known to vote for Mordor when i drop with only Autocannons... My AC/5 gets a 15% to-hit modifier in the presence of LaserVomit tears.

I'm known to vote for maps that work well for my mech builds. Terra is one of my personal favorites because so few players actually understand how to manage heat well. I can drop in my 5LL Stalker and never ovberheat, break 500 damage, and be standing at the end of the match a lot of times.

Trust me, it's not the build that does poorly, it's the individual player ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users