#1 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:46 AM

To the Loyalist of House Marik

Over the past few days it would appear the tensions on our borders have escalated into near open conflict, I am writing this to you for two reasons, one is to try get into the open the confusing sequence of events that have led to this distraction on our mutual front, and the second is to appeal to the common sense of those in both of our Houses who did not wish for this to come about and seek to see it brought to an end.

Currently the main benefactors of this dispute are not Marik, or Liao, but that Steiner/Davion FedRat filth, who even now are taking a break from their daily routine of sexual misconduct with livestock and hiding under their beds whenever they see Green/Purple to laugh at out dispute and plot our mutual downfalls.

This must end.

As I see things, the sequence of events are as follows:

1. House Marik hires Mercs to assist on the Davion front.
2. A series of Merc units are hired on Liao's behalf to target the Davion front (not by any Liao loyalist unit I would stress).
3. Davions put on the run.
4. A Liao-aligned Merc unit targets Marik planets, after much discussion their aggression against Marik ceases, but tensions are mounted.
5. A Marik aligned-Merc trashtalks the Liao Mercs into open aggression.
6. A Marik aligned-Merc cuts off Liao's route to our namesake planet, Liao.
7. TCAF, a Liao loyalist unit attacks Marik planets blocking their route to Liao.
8. Marik Mercs retaliate against TCAF.

Can we all see the common thread here? Mercs, mercs and more mercs.

By way of evidence may I submit the following, taken 5 minutes ago.

Posted Image

Marik is blocking our route to planet Liao, reclaiming this is a stated goal of TCAF, repeatedly blocking this route was never going to lead to anything but trouble.

Notice the tags, it's a Merc unit responsible.

At this point, a solution needs to be found. I see elements of Marik soliciting alliances from House Steiner and even the Davions, what good will come of this? do you think Davion will forget the worlds you took from her? do you think the Davions won't turn on you the second Liao is pushed back?

We are your longest and staunchest friends and you are ours, together we must prove the strength of that friendship and endure past the chaos visiting Mercs, and the inability of our houses to control them with the tools we have available.

Transgressions against Marik have occurred, planets have been taken from Marik which should not have been, I understand your desire and need to reclaim those planets and will not seek to stop you in doing so.

You are angry, and a blood price must be paid to sate that, I understand that too, but when that is done let us remember who are enemies are, and who our friends are.

Let this not be the end of what has been to our mutual benefit since the start. Let us not succumb to the machinations of Mercs, or the FedRats, let us be strong and endure together.

I am open to suggestion about how this can be made right, I'm sure others in Liao are as well. You are not our enemies and we are not yours.

Yours, with honour.

A Liao Loyalist.

Edited by Heart of Storm, 11 January 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#2 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:01 AM

Well, before the hostilities erupted into open warfare, I paid a personal visit to the Capellan Confederation's Team Speak channel to speak with someone in authority there about the Marik worlds that were taken, and was pretty much told to go pound sand.

So there you have it.

#3 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:36 AM

Oh?

A loyalist unit leader? A random PUG? A Merc in Liao clothing? These things matter.

Does one persons surly attitude make a mutually destructive war that benefits only FedRats worthwhile? Does one spurning mean that efforts taken today are not worthwhile?

Come on Marik, you're better than this.

#4 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:39 AM

I'm confused by your screenshot and post in general. You seem to be implying that SRPH are mercs.

#5 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:50 AM

I should perhaps have taken a second one, SRPH got the tag on that by defending, PHL took the planet.

That is if I'm reading the interface right

#6 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:52 AM

View PostHeart of Storm, on 11 January 2016 - 04:46 AM, said:

To the Loyalist of House Marik

Over the past few days it would appear the tensions on our borders have escalated into near open conflict...

Posted Image

#7 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:52 AM

It should also be noted that PHL have been an honorable merc company. They did nothing without the Marik war councils concent and have been a pleasure to fight Alongside.

Seraphim is not a merc company. We are loyalists. We also did not act without the concent of the Marik war council. Seraphim is also not the only Marik loyalist unit engaged in operation flaming sword.

Look I do somewhat feel your frustration. Part of me hates it but a bigger part of me is glad the algorithm worked this way. You didn't care until we took Gan Singh. Were as it irked us every time you stabbed us in the back these last couple of weeks. We were holding off an army so you guys could make gains and after you did so you decided to attack us because you were bored while we were still fighting said army.

If it was just mercs or a random collection of pugs it could be overlooked. We understand you can't always control such random factors. We do expect loyalist units to control themselves. When they don't it makes your entire faction untrustworthy.

I don't like it. I would prefer the two smallest factions in the game to continue working together. Since a large portion of your loyalist base decided not to do that a lot of Marik players are openly wondering if bussyong up with a larger faction such as Davion wouldn't be a better idea.

I don't know where this is going when we get to phase 3. For right now we are going to take 8 planets back. Wherever the algorithm takes us. If that blocks you from Liao. Blame your own loyalists. Not us.

#8 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:37 AM

View PostHeart of Storm, on 11 January 2016 - 05:50 AM, said:

5. A Marik aligned-Merc trashtalks the Liao Mercs into open aggression.

Swap the names and you might come more close to the truth... ;)

#9 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:09 AM

Popcorn consumption intensifies...

Seriously, this needs GoT-level production...

#10 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:25 AM

Eh, it's simple really. Mariks got bored of squashin' Davs and took the opportunity to pretend a few mercs and one Liao unit somehow equals "all of Liao". Not to mention the fact that the one Liao unit only went after Marik planets when they fully took the Dav planet that cycle and made clear that it was just to kill time until the new "real" cw cycle.

Mariks then proceed to act like Davions with D-grade trash talk. It actually embarrasses me that we were ever allied with a group that was so willing to buddy up with Davrats and adopt their childish culture so quickly. Mariks be like Posted Image

#11 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 11 January 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

Eh, it's simple really. Mariks got bored of squashin' Davs and took the opportunity to pretend a few mercs and one Liao unit somehow equals "all of Liao". Not to mention the fact that the one Liao unit only went after Marik planets when they fully took the Dav planet that cycle and made clear that it was just to kill time until the new "real" cw cycle.

Mariks then proceed to act like Davions with D-grade trash talk. It actually embarrasses me that we were ever allied with a group that was so willing to buddy up with Davrats and adopt their childish culture so quickly. Mariks be like Posted Image

Superiority complex intensifies

#12 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:35 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 11 January 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Superiority complex intensifies

See Mariks, this is what I'm talkin' about when I mentioned D-grade trash talk you adopted from these poor saps.

#13 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:38 AM

Posted Image

#14 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:43 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 11 January 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

Umm, nobody here's innocent, but Marik IS the agrieved party. Merc or no, they wore your colors, you benefited from the worlds being taken (such as it were) and then when it came time to return what was taken after the mercs who caused this by boredom left to pursue wealth elsewhere, you were hung out to dry with no ability to affect compensation from the actual source in the matter.

I think the next course of action, and something we need to stuff into PGI's ears is the ability for loyalists to vote on firing and barring mercenary units from working under a faction authority for a period of time if they will not heel to their master's voice.

And yes, as loyalists, you should be given that level of authority over Mercs as another reason to control rogue units. Better still... a faction's ability to 'fine' a merc unit or cut off payment for the remainder of their contract would be another way to handle it and also be lore. You want to stir the chamberpot but don't want to lick the spoon? Okay, no Cbills for you.

It both follows lore AND deals with out of game (gamers as people) problems.

PS: internet. Thicker skins required.

Edited by Kjudoon, 11 January 2016 - 07:45 AM.

#15 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

I got a front row seat to most of this, so I'm going to point out what really happened during all of this.

House Marik was fighting on the Davion border, with minimum contact with Liao forces in terms of hostiltiies. No one was dropping on Liao, not our mercs, and not our loyalists, and most definitely no one was taking Liao planets. Our mercenaries hit House Davion. That is who they hit. Period. I dropped with Phoenix Legion guys against Davion for weeks, and it was all good. No major hostilities crossed that green border. We watched in the TS whenever the ceasefire came, as yellow turned green, or yellow turned purple, and there was good feelings all around about it.

Then something strange happened. Our border with Liao, began to change. Green began to seep into purple. Immediately I begged command to let us take the first world back. I was informed that it was just mercs, don't worry about it, and the Houses would sort something out they were sure. Water under the bridge. No organized Marik units were ordered to drop on it.

Respect the NAP. Respect the NAP. That was the mantra inside our TS and forums. Don't respond to provocation.

Then another world turned green. And another. I, and dozens of orders, begged the War Council to engage, and still the council was loyal. Still there was talk of the NAP and how we needed to respect it. Still there was talk of how long standing the alliance had been, and still there was so much good will towards Liao, that the idea of dropping on you guys, was not allowed. Several Marik units tried to form up and drop on our worlds to defend them finally. It was only after SIX planets had been stolen by you When we found loyalist Liao forces on enemy drops on our planets, not just mercs, and not just TCAF, that Operation Flaming Sword was conceived.

Your house is a house of liars, and cowards. A group of untrustworthy, self interested curs. We were fighting Davion, in some cases multiple Battalions, drawing forces away from your border. Allowing you to get stronger, and your only response was to stab us in the back.

SHAME. You should not be feeling anger, you should be feeling SHAME. Your actions were shameful.

1. Marik fights Davion alongside Liao.
2. Liao mercenaries attack House Marik.
3. House Marik asks them to stop.
4. REGULAR LIAO FORCES begin dropping on these Marik worlds, with the Mercenaries, and not just TCAF.
5. House Marik tries diplomacy for two weeks to resolve the situation.
6. Liao allows their rabid dogs to take eights planets, without organized resistance.
7. House Marik finally responds.
8. Liao immediately cowers. Tells Marik it didn't mean it all along, and we've always been bros, and to forget its constant transgressions against us. Tells us WE'RE the ones in the wrong? Begs Steiner for help?

I've mentioned it before. You sow the wind, and you reap the whirlwind.

I've mentioned it before. Never trust a Capellan.

And now, I'll mention this one as well. I can see why the Federated Suns despise and distrust the Capellan Confederation so deeply.

To Sian!

Edited by stormeagle, 11 January 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#16 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:05 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 11 January 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

PS: internet. Thicker skins required.

Yes, take your own advice, yo.

View Poststormeagle, on 11 January 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

8. Liao immediately cowers. Tells Marik it didn't mean it all along, and we've always been bros, and to forget its constant transgressions against us.

This is the sort of Davion level garbage I mentioned. Take reality, warp it into something different, then act pained over it. We have two threads in the Liao forum discussing the alliance and how most Liao don't want to break it. Then the fighting over the weekend was tough and Gan Singh flipped sides multiple times. Everyone who was on and involved in CW was fighting Marik or Davion. That, by any definition, does not equal cowering. Did Marik win some battles? Yea, no durr. Did Marik get some ghost drops due to number disparity? Ah, no durr.

You can say a lot of things, but you don't have to be a liar. Do you really want to be remember as being a liar?

I get that Marik wants to get some worlds back and that they are bored of stomping on Davion like the rest of us, but it's the childish Davion-esque truth bending that is the real disappointment here. Thought you guys were better than that.

Edited by Maxwell Albritten, 11 January 2016 - 08:07 AM.

#17 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 11 January 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

Yes, take your own advice, yo.

This is the sort of Davion level garbage I mentioned. Take reality, warp it into something different, then act pained over it. We have two threads in the Liao forum discussing the alliance and how most Liao don't want to break it. Then the fighting over the weekend was tough and Gan Singh flipped sides multiple times. Everyone who was on and involved in CW was fighting Marik or Davion. That, by any definition, does not equal cowering. Did Marik win some battles? Yea, no durr. Did Marik get some ghost drops due to number disparity? Ah, no durr.

You can say a lot of things, but you don't have to be a liar. Do you really want to be remember as being a liar?

I get that Marik wants to get some worlds back and that they are bored of stomping on Davion like the rest of us, but it's the childish Davion-esque truth bending that is the real disappointment here. Thought you guys were better than that.

I can't help but to point on how people forget who really started the fire here. Pro-tip: Someone well known was butthurt about a brush-off and did exactly what you'd expect vermin to be doing: Intriguing between the houses and trying to piss on someone's plates. And, it seems poor Liao was not able to do anything against it. They been incapable of keeping their bloodhounds on short chain(*), so everything went on and the result was as we see it today.

(*) Yeah mind you that this is beta 2 phase.

#18 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostJherek C, on 11 January 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

(*) Yeah mind you that this is beta 2 phase.

Exactly. That's why I'm saying I don't blame Marik for getting bored of fighting Davion and trying to take a few worlds back. It's the fact they are acting like Davions while doing so that makes it pathetic.

#19 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:12 AM

Its funny how you seem to think it was boredom of our part, which invited this battle.

We didn't drop on your worlds. Your bored forced, dropped on OUR worlds. Twisting double-speak will get you nowhere here, Capellan. You think you can take eight planets from us, and not get a response? We weren't looking for a fight. I fought actions to prevent Draconis aggression on Caph, when they dropped 60 guys on it. I fought battles on a huge scale against Davion on the big push for Terra. I fought big pushes against Davion and the Clans to make holding and defensive actions. I didn't need to fight Liao, because I wasn't bored.

And I think I can speak for most of my purple clad brethren, when I say we weren't exactly bored either. We were fighting, all the time. But we defended our worlds from the DC, and that border quieted down. What would have happened if we just defended our worlds in the first place, and left you treacherous snakes to fight Davion on your own, I wonder?

#20 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:15 AM

View Poststormeagle, on 11 January 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

I am ignoring the essence of Mr. Albritten's post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users