100 replies to this topic

#41 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

Kjudoon/Stormeagle - Mercs weren't (to the best of my knowledge) hired by Liao loyalists, they weren't answerable to us as we weren't their paymasters, you'd have to look beyond both of our borders to find who was paying them to fight.

They wear your colors, they are your representatives. that's why we need this:

http://mwomercs.com/...mercenary-unit/

#42 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:06 PM

View PostAlex Reed, on 11 January 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

many, many things

Quite a few interesting posts made on the topic today, first was your helpful insight into the Marik perspective, second was GI Journalists news press and the latest being TCAFs own clarification of events.

The sequence of events I initially posted was flawed by a lack of full understanding of events and I accept that your account is, on balance, a closer estimation of facts.

What interests me now is the resolution, if any, that can be affected. As stated before I personally consider 8 planets an acceptable price to pay for a return to our previous status of NAP, if not in this iteration of CW then certainly in the next.

I am one voice in Liao, albeit one who's rather enjoying his part in breathing life into CW, I will see whether the rest of my house can be persuaded.

On a related note...with the tide of Mercs shifting from Liao to Davion it is unlikely my House will be short of opponents for the immediate future - however in the event that Davion resumes its previous lacklustre form, would the good warriors of House Marik be willing to engage in some live practise, until the next CW iteration blooms and hopefully adds something beyond our own role play to the game?

#43 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:12 PM

View PostHeart of Storm, on 12 January 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

Quite a few interesting posts made on the topic today, first was your helpful insight into the Marik perspective, second was GI Journalists news press and the latest being TCAFs own clarification of events.

The sequence of events I initially posted was flawed by a lack of full understanding of events and I accept that your account is, on balance, a closer estimation of facts.

What interests me now is the resolution, if any, that can be affected. As stated before I personally consider 8 planets an acceptable price to pay for a return to our previous status of NAP, if not in this iteration of CW then certainly in the next.

I am one voice in Liao, albeit one who's rather enjoying his part in breathing life into CW, I will see whether the rest of my house can be persuaded.

On a related note...with the tide of Mercs shifting from Liao to Davion it is unlikely my House will be short of opponents for the immediate future - however in the event that Davion resumes its previous lacklustre form, would the good warriors of House Marik be willing to engage in some live practise, until the next CW iteration blooms and hopefully adds something beyond our own role play to the game?

Colonel Reed is good at that kind of stuff. Couldn't ask for a better CO. No you couldn't. :)

I'm quite certain the Seraphim and other members of the FWLM would be interested in war games in the future to help massage attack vectors and rigthfully restore certain worlds to the Cappellan Confederation in exchange for some of what we'd prefer back. Call it 'diplomacy through target shooting'.

And yes, this is currently the most fun to be had with CW right now in many respects. PGI take notes that this is what a lot of us want incorporated into the game itself.

#44 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:52 PM

This is so much more entertaining that the Liao/Marik Care Bear story that has gone on since CW 1 dropped.

#45 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

Dear Liao -

Your guys got anxious and repeatedly attacked and took Marik worlds. You did it because for a bit you could. Pretending that one small merc unit somehow took over half a dozen worlds over several days of consistent dropping that so.ehow ended up with the tcaf tag?

Nobody is fooled. It sounds like Marik is willing to let it go after they have their worlds back. Why not just bite the pillow, think of the Chancellor and let it happen? You don't really have any options right now.

#46 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:17 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 12 January 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

Dear Liao -

Your guys got anxious and repeatedly attacked and took Marik worlds. You did it because for a bit you could. Pretending that one small merc unit somehow took over half a dozen worlds over several days of consistent dropping that so.ehow ended up with the tcaf tag?

Nobody is fooled. It sounds like Marik is willing to let it go after they have their worlds back. Why not just bite the pillow, think of the Chancellor and let it happen? You don't really have any options right now.

Max... Shin... here's your fight if you want it. right here. Nope... a little more to the right... there you go.

All yours Mischief. ;)

#47 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:20 PM

They don't. Once Marik is done taking back what it wants things will quiet down on the Marik/Liao border I'm sure and Marik/Davion will be back at our drunken family reunion brawl.

There is not an option for Liao that involves them fighting on 2 fronts and not getting passed back and forth like the last pack of smokes in the prison yard.

Is what it is. Pretending it was an accident or Liao wasn't involved and aware isn't fooling anyone.

#48 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:24 PM

Have some Horsey Sauce on a gauss round on me, Mischief you rapscallion you. ;)

#49 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 12 January 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

Dear Liao -

I was about to express my amazement at encountering a Davion who could read, but then I realised he seems to have missed out the entire conversation where we essentially covered the ground he's claiming we missed.

I can only presume that whichever poor sap was reading this thread to him, slowly and loudly, lost the will to live and never got past the initial post.

A shame, I was almost ready to give Davion credit for something.

#50 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

Except there are still TCAF fighting to defend Liao worlds taken from Marik and people arguing that it was all mercs and shouldn't everyone just forget about those lost worlds. Also TCAF has made if clear they intend to fight Marik for the time being, if only for kicks.

So Liao is going to get stomped until that stops being the case.

#51 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 12 January 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Except there are still TCAF fighting to defend Liao worlds taken from Marik and people arguing that it was all mercs and shouldn't everyone just forget about those lost worlds. Also TCAF has made if clear they intend to fight Marik for the time being, if only for kicks.

So Liao is going to get stomped until that stops being the case.

Absolutely none of this matters though at least until the next phase of CW

#52 War Steiner

• PipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTerceira, Azores, Portugal

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostHelloKittyWarfare, on 11 January 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

thats the point.

don't blame mercs for this. TCAF attacked marik worlds from day 1 of this conflict in reasonable numbers. they said multiple times clear: TCAF will attack marik and davion worlds.
i understand that there are liao-units who don't want this situation, but it will make no difference if they talk to marik at all. speak with TCAF, loyal liaos. thats the only way to end this.

if they ignore you and your wishes, thats no problem of anyone in marik for sure. marik is forced to fight by one of your own loyal units (and some mercs who doesn't count in this problem). thats the point. and there is no end in sight.
you can leave liao to fight as a marik against TCAFs invasions if you don't agree with their deeds.

TCAF is too big, to strong compared to the rest of liao faction. you can't do much if they don't want to listen. let's take a look at liao in last tykayyid stats:

Posted Image
Posted Image

http://mwomercs.com/...d-stats-part-2/
look at the activity of liao. TCAF says, they don't care about the NAP. thats a real huge part of your fighting forces, loyalists. if you can't convince them to stop their actions and , maybe,let marik get back their planets "you owe them", there is no sense in keep talking, am i right?
it's up to you.

Just quick math, but about 1/2 of the combatants from Liao at Tukyidd 2 were TCAF. Does that make them half of all Liao?

#53 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:55 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 12 January 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

So to drive our point home that we aren't going to put up with Liaos crap we need to take 8 planets at the start of phase 3 as well?

#54 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:35 PM

View PostAlex Reed, on 11 January 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

7. The Zion Province does NOT block Liao's path back to Liao. Your units took the entire province: Zion (Provincial capital), Kyrkbacken, Suzano, and Asuncion (Homeworld of the Seraphim Regiment, by the way ... poor choice of attack there). The Zion province is Marik space at every map reset ... so what you are saying is that it is OK to cut through the space of a sovereign house and annex his planets for a desirable "lane?"

Sincerely,

Col. Alex Reed
CO of the Seraphim Regiment

On an interesting Lore Note... Zion, Kyrkbacken, Suzano, Asuncion...

All originally Cappellan Confederation planets that had be annexed by the FWL.

http://iscs.teamspam...f/iscs_2750.pdf

Edited by ShinVector, 12 January 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#55 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

View PostShinVector, on 12 January 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

View PostShinVector, on 12 January 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

That's ancient history. It's not like the fresh wounds of the Fourth Succession War and the planets stolen by the Federated Suns. No one in House Liao cried foul when mercenaries took Phact, because most of us thought it had been taken back from House Davion.

#56 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:51 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 12 January 2016 - 01:17 PM, said:

Max... Shin... here's your fight if you want it. right here. Nope... a little more to the right... there you go.

All yours Mischief. Posted Image

Don't see your point..

Davion has always been the top priority and will always be Liao's most hated enemy !

History is that by the end of the BETA1 Davion veterans had their asses whooped so, hard that most fled back to New Avalon cowering under their beds...

This lead of a total abandonment of defense of the Davion-Liao border, which left Liao only with ghost drops up to BETA2.

#57 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 12 January 2016 - 03:50 PM, said:

To you.

Seems to matter to Marik.

#58 Chaotee

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

View PostShinVector, on 12 January 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

Davion has always been the top priority and will always be Liao's most hated enemy !

Something you should've focused on. Look, this is just a game, and Liao has only two possible fronts, so I think most of us can understand if its gets boring dropping against the same Davion units for the 120st time. If Liao had come out more openly saying they wanted to test their mettle against Marik guns, we'd have come to some happy arrangement.

However, when several members of the TCAF make a point to visit our forums and tell us they are not involved in the incursion, and yet TCAF tags are appearing on our planets... well, then some feelings are going to wind up butt-hurt. You reap what you sow amigo, so now the TCAF needs to make a real convincing argument as to "why it wouldn't be fun to see if we can do to Liao what the FRR has done to the clans" this go around.

Edited by Chaote, 12 January 2016 - 08:12 PM.

#59 Robin Bad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 218 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

Liao is low populated faction today, and TCAF is near half of it.
I am happy to fight, anywhere with anyone.
Were many interesting and awesome fights with Marik gunmasters.
Boring is 72/4 on Zion and other ghostdropped planets.
I am laughing about y stomp this planets from Liao, cause u stomped it from PIXELS))

PS see u at battle field, and may the dark green force be with us.

#60 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:09 PM

Poor little Liao. Has no players. And yet I seem to recall them having extra players just a week ago attacking our planets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users