Upcoming Clan Mechs

35 replies to this topic

#1 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

I was told there was a topic in the forum that would discuss the latest projected Clan Mechs to be released in the future. Can anyone steer me to that thread. And if there is not one. What do most clan mech drivers feel would be good "next up" designs?

#2 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:15 PM

Depends on whether we're talking Omnimechs or Battlemechs.

If they continue on the Battlemech road, I'd love to see some more IIC mechs. Namely, the Locust IIC, Warhammer IIC, and Conjurer (Hellhound - aka. Wolverine IIC). Otherwise, it would be cool to see another Wave pack. I very much want to see the Kingfisher.

#3 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

pretty sure the next one is the Kodiak, or the Warhammer IIC going by the vote on russ's twitter...

#4 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

And then, there's a chance for a possible Wave 4 OmniMech pack.

I proposed the Fire Moth [20t], Pouncer [40t], Night Gyr or Woodsman, and Kingfisher. However, it depends on Russ and what he believes the pack will consist of, and the value therein.

#5 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

This one?

#6 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:57 PM

I was thinking it was time for a clan hero mech...

In light of David Bowie's death we could have a Timber Wolf "Diamond Dog"...

The warhorn would play "heroes" ;)

Edited by MovinTarget, 11 January 2016 - 05:00 PM.

#7 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:22 PM

Unless something has changed the Fire Moth can't be done because the game cannot handle it. It is too fast and it would rubberband like crazy, making it impossible to hit. And you thought the Arctic Cheetah is bad!

My vote is Fire Falcon (cool looking, fast, non-jumping Mist Lynx), Black Lanner (MASC equiped 55 tonner), Night Gyr (the Clans' first 60kph Heavy OmniMech), and Turkina (95 ton jumping OmniMech with tons of hard point variety).

#8 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:42 PM

Regardless of what I voted on, and what I expect to be seen (and what I think the Clans need), honestly, I'd be the most stoked about the Locust IIC (because despite it all, they're fun little ******** like few others than the Urbie), Phantom (ZOOM Medium), Turkina (I actually like the big, ugly ******* for those very reasons), Bane (again more of a looks thing without some good redesign consideration to make it more viable from Alex) or Black Lanner (well, assuming the MASC size it has isn't really a marginally useful addition like in the SCAT), in retrospect if they came along for sheer fun value.

That said, I wouldn't want to saddle the Clan Mech roster with something too derpy, cult-popularity and "good in TT but not in MWO" just because it tickles my own fancy, but at this point I'm up for almost anything that offers something divergent from what we already have in some way. Kid in a candy store vibe lol.

#9 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:39 AM

Thank you for the responses. Slightly disappointing that it appears the Kodak is not going to be available per his Twitter stating non totem mech omni mechs. However I would take solace if they made the viper available. That being said some great chassis were mentioned as being wanted.

Just to make this thread into something; what clan omni mechs or battle
Mechs are you most looking forward to seeing in game.

#10 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:56 AM

Locust would be fun, imagine a cw wave with 12 lct vs 12 lct IIC on a counter/hold territory...

#11 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:59 AM

View Postshameless, on 11 January 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

pretty sure the next one is the Kodiak, or the Warhammer IIC going by the vote on russ's twitter...

Yes!

Time for IIC Variants of the Classics!

#12 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:03 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 12 January 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

Yes!

Time for IIC Variants of the Classics!

As long as the MWO version of the RiflemanIIC doesn't get stuck wearing that damn sombrero, then I agree.

#13 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:05 AM

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 11 January 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

Unless something has changed the Fire Moth can't be done because the game cannot handle it. It is too fast and it would rubberband like crazy, making it impossible to hit. And you thought the Arctic Cheetah is bad!

Context, for newer folks:
We actually don't know what the game will handle now, in terms of it's "speed limit." Most of the Commandos can mount an engine size (240) that's big enough to make them currently the fastest mech in the game. With that XL240, Commies used to move 171.1 kph after a 10% Speed Tweak.

My case for the Firemoth:
There are 2 things that can make the Firemoth too fast, the stock engine size and the MASC.

Today, Speed Tweak is 7.5%. A 20 ton mech with an XL200, and that added 7.5%, moves 174.15. That's only 3 kph above a speed limit that's several years old.

In the last year or so, there have been some changes to the game. We don't know if the netcode can handle more speed. We do know the dev team has made some improvements to the netcode. Maybe it can handle the extra 3 kph now. Even if it can't, we have another tool at our disposal.

Quirks are now well-established in the game. They've even introduced a quirk to the Summoner's top speed. See where I'm going? If 174 is in fact too much, and we need to kick it back down to 171, a 2% adjustment would get us in line.

Because no other mech does 171, Firemoth would still be the fastest mech in the game. It would be at least as viable as the Locusts were when they moved at almost 170.

The other thing that makes it too fast (in short bursts) is the MASC system. That would push the speed well over 190 kph. That's probably too much speed even if the netcode's better. If it's therefore unusable equipment in this game, then PGI can simply leave it off the mech, giving us an extra ton and 1 crit slot to work with. Those will go a long way on a 20 ton Omni, for armor, equipment, weapons, or ammo.

The point of that wall o' text is that Firemoth can work, depending on how the game performs with recent adjustments, and dependong on a couple design decisions that seem pretty reasonable.

Unleash the Firemoth, and watch the fields burn! ;)

Edited by Virlutris, 12 January 2016 - 09:13 AM.

#14 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:11 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 12 January 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

Context, for newer folks:
We actually don't know what the game will handle now, in terms of it's "speed limit." Most of the Commandos can mount an engine size (240) that's big enough to make them currently the fastest mech in the game. With that XL240, Commies used to move 171.1 kph after a 10% Speed Tweak.

My case for the Firemoth:
There are 2 things that can make the Firemoth too fast, the stock engine size and the MASC.

Today, Speed Tweak is 7.5%. A 20 ton mech with an XL200, and that added 7.5%, moves 174.15. That's only 3 kph above a speed limit that's several years old.

In the last year or so, there have been some changes to the game. We don't know if the netcode can handle more speed. We do know the dev team has made some improvements to the netcode. Maybe it can handle the extra 3 kph now. Even if it can't, we have another tool at our disposal.

Quirks are now well-established in the game. They've even introduced a quirk to the Summoner's top speed. See where I'm going? If 174 is in fact too much, and we need to kick it back down to 171, a 2% adjustment would get us in line.

Because no other mech does 171, Firemoth would still be the fastest mech in the game. It would be at least as viable as the Locusts were when they moved at almost 170.

The other thing that makes it too fast (in short bursts) is the MASC system. That would push the speed well over 190 kph. That's probably too much speed even if the netcode's better. If it's therefore unusable equipment in this game, then PGI can simply leave it off the mech, giving us an extra ton and 1 crit slot to work with. Those will go a long way on a 20 ton Omni, for armor, equipment, weapons, or ammo.

The point of that wall o' text is that Firemoth can work, depending on how the game performs with recent adjustments, and dependong on a couple design decisions that seem pretty reasonable.

Unleash the Firemoth, and watch the fields burn! Posted Image

This guy's got the right idea. PGI is not deadset on making every unit exactly as it was in lore, after all they made the flamer on the Adder removable. I'm pretty sure after the years of work they've done on the game, the Fire Moth is plausible.

Whether it will be a good mech, however, is the debate. If they develop and release Battle Armour consumable modules, the Fire Moth would become a great unit for dropping BA anywhere it's needed (that's what it was built for after all). But aside from that it's a pretty weak mech, even lagshield would not protect this mech from getting nailed by a couple of pulse lasers.

I still want the Fire Moth in the game anyways, but perhaps as a standalone purchase like the Urbie. We need a light mech with a little more oomph for another Clan Omnimech wave pack.

#15 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

View PostRepasy, on 12 January 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

I still want the Fire Moth in the game anyways, but perhaps as a standalone purchase like the Urbie. We need a light mech with a little more oomph for another Clan Omnimech wave pack.

Fire Falcon for you then? There aren't that many light, heavy or assault Omnis to be had among invading Clanners (2 each, really). I'm happy to get both light omnis, myself.

I mean, a Jade Falcon Strikes Back Pack™ would be good with me (Fire Falcon, Black Lanner, Night Gyr, Turkina).

The medium options for the invaders are more varied, but I would like to see a 40-tonner at some point. For that, we've got the Viper (unique design, used by CGB), and 2 Wolf designs, the Phantom (new, monster engine) and Pouncer (Adder rework).

I really want the Kingfisher (yes, I'm weird like that, it'll have Exectuioner-like free weight but more available crits, with high torso mounts), but I voted Turkina and Night Gyr. Why? Because I want to get the Firemoth (20 tonner) and a 40-tonner into the game, and pairing them with 2 big monsters seems like a good mix.

It also means that for the next OmniClan pack we can have the FireFalcon, Black Lanner, Linebacker, and Kingfisher, which is awfully solid.

#16 Oethe

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:12 AM

I still want the Night Wolf.... someday....

#17 Kotev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:22 AM

Kodiak is the way to go.

#18 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:30 AM

Marauder IIC for me plz.

#19 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:21 PM

i would like to see the night wolf as well but its to developed in its weaponry for ´53 timeline

maybe the Blood asp be a good reinforcement for the low represented Clan assault faction

Posted Image

But on the other hand

If every Clan mech is nerfed to crap one single time again they can keep theyr Pixels and i ll keep my money

Edited by Russhuster, 19 January 2016 - 01:27 PM.

#20 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

It's not mechwarrior without the Uziel and Cougar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users