Davion/marik Relations

85 replies to this topic

#1 totaldawson

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

I, for one, welcome this non aggression pact, silent agreement that an enemy of my enemy is my friend, or whatever this is.

You marik guys have been nothing but absolute class and it'll be great to be dropping with similar goals in mind, rather than as enemies.

As a regular with HHoD, on behalf of Davion, I salute our new-found friends.

#2 Nicc Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNuevo León

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:44 PM

o7 to all the Federated Suns Warriors! Let's fight the true enemy

#3 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:01 PM

1. Parties unknown hire mercenaries to join House Liao and violate the Marik/Liao non-agression pact that has been upheld for three years. They disrupt Free Worlds League governments on the Liao/Marik border and encourage the 1st Tikonov Rangers to take shortcuts through Free Worlds League space. The mercenaries then leave Liao space for new contracts.

2. House Marik decides it is time to reclaim their lost property. Attacks on the House Davion front cease. Bureaucrats in the Free Worlds League route Free World League Military through worlds like Gan Singh, recently won back from House Davion by House Liao. Conflict ensues.

3. House Davion takes advantage of the chaos to reverse House Liao advances on the worlds taken by House Davion in the Fourth Succession War. Headhunters of House Davion declare House Davion and House Marik to be best friends.

After this chain of events, do you really expect anyone to take this offer of friendship at face value?

No one other than House Davion, which was faltering under the Free Worlds League Military offensive, benefits from the current state of affairs. House Davion knows very well that House Liao will never rest, so long as the worlds we lost to House Davion in the 4th Succession War are denied to us. By conspiring to place House Marik between us and our ancestral home of Liao, House Davion has ensured that the Free World League Military will be in conflict with us, sparing the Federated Suns an onslaught under which they were withering.

This disruption of diplomacy between House Marik and House Liao is temporary. We can respect House Marik, and understand why they feel they must restore the sanctity of their borders. However, we know how little respect House Davion has for its neighbors and the devious plans of which House Davion is capable. Words of friendship and peace from a Davion are nothing more than weapons of war used to gain them an advantage and hurt their enemies.

I trust House Marik will accept your words in the spirit they are intended.

#4 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

Sorry to interrupt your regularly scheduled dose of foaming at the mouth crazy (seriously I am, I enjoy the lore based banter) but I'd just like to add something I don't see often on these forums. Facts.

Anyone remember Operation Wormhole from Beta 1? Marik attack their allies in Kurita? Despite their NAP.

Beta 3? Liao and Marik turn on their allies and start fighting each other? Despite their NAP.

Beta 2 anyone? Kurita decide that each beta means nothing as resets take away the point of CW and proceed to gobble up Davion space despite Davion firmly believing there is a NAP so the Snakes can fight the Clanners.

Beta 1,2 & 3? Davion stays loyal to all their Non Aggression Pacts yet still get accused of being treacherous liars.

Now feel free to continue with your stories how we are those mean old bad guys.

#5 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:32 PM

Pfft, typical Davion, always with the Mary-Sue act.

#6 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

Pfft, typical Cappellan, irrational hatred.

#7 HelloKittyWarfare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:01 PM

love is in the air...

i like this kind of wierd lovestories about 3 sided relations. hope, fears, anger, jealousy, thin trust, betrayal and a little bit of...heavy armoured, well armed, walking warmaschines. who needs clans anyway? the southern factions are just fun.

#8 totaldawson

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 11 January 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

1. Parties unknown hire mercenaries to join House Liao and violate the Marik/Liao non-agression pact that has been upheld for three years. They disrupt Free Worlds League governments on the Liao/Marik border and encourage the 1st Tikonov Rangers to take shortcuts through Free Worlds League space. The mercenaries then leave Liao space for new contracts.

2. House Marik decides it is time to reclaim their lost property. Attacks on the House Davion front cease. Bureaucrats in the Free Worlds League route Free World League Military through worlds like Gan Singh, recently won back from House Davion by House Liao. Conflict ensues.

3. House Davion takes advantage of the chaos to reverse House Liao advances on the worlds taken by House Davion in the Fourth Succession War. Headhunters of House Davion declare House Davion and House Marik to be best friends.

After this chain of events, do you really expect anyone to take this offer of friendship at face value?

No one other than House Davion, which was faltering under the Free Worlds League Military offensive, benefits from the current state of affairs. House Davion knows very well that House Liao will never rest, so long as the worlds we lost to House Davion in the 4th Succession War are denied to us. By conspiring to place House Marik between us and our ancestral home of Liao, House Davion has ensured that the Free World League Military will be in conflict with us, sparing the Federated Suns an onslaught under which they were withering.

This disruption of diplomacy between House Marik and House Liao is temporary. We can respect House Marik, and understand why they feel they must restore the sanctity of their borders. However, we know how little respect House Davion has for its neighbors and the devious plans of which House Davion is capable. Words of friendship and peace from a Davion are nothing more than weapons of war used to gain them an advantage and hurt their enemies.

I trust House Marik will accept your words in the spirit they are intended.

while correct in your statement that this benefits Davion, the fault of losing your allies' benefits comes when you start attacking them lies on you. Davion honors its treaties, unlike Liao.

View PostDevlinCognito, on 11 January 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

Sorry to interrupt your regularly scheduled dose of foaming at the mouth crazy (seriously I am, I enjoy the lore based banter) but I'd just like to add something I don't see often on these forums. Facts.

Anyone remember Operation Wormhole from Beta 1? Marik attack their allies in Kurita? Despite their NAP.

Beta 3? Liao and Marik turn on their allies and start fighting each other? Despite their NAP.

Beta 2 anyone? Kurita decide that each beta means nothing as resets take away the point of CW and proceed to gobble up Davion space despite Davion firmly believing there is a NAP so the Snakes can fight the Clanners.

Beta 1,2 & 3? Davion stays loyal to all their Non Aggression Pacts yet still get accused of being treacherous liars.

Now feel free to continue with your stories how we are those mean old bad guys.

Devlin, please do not look a gift horse in the mouth. This is not the only thread in which you are raising near ill-will towards our new friends. Just as Liao created tension in the marik/liao alliance, talk like this creates a less than cordial relationship.

#9 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:28 PM

Good. I have very little interest in having a treaty with someone who not so long ago began kicking us when we were being swamped by attackers, lost its major advantage so decides to be our bezzy mates while still attempting to renew its friendship with Liao. If this Internet drama subsides and they make friends with Liao again, who do you think they'll be attacking?

When they prove they make good allies, I'll happily stop.

#10 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

For the record, the Marik border was nice-n-quiet today... so quiet we had to go help Shensi at the last moment before ceasefire.

#11 totaldawson

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:48 PM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 11 January 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

Good. I have very little interest in having a treaty with someone who not so long ago began kicking us when we were being swamped by attackers, lost its major advantage so decides to be our bezzy mates while still attempting to renew its friendship with Liao. If this Internet drama subsides and they make friends with Liao again, who do you think they'll be attacking?

When they prove they make good allies, I'll happily stop.

They weren't exactly kicking us while we were down. if thats why you're angry, be angry at kurita, whom we never attacked, yet attacked us while we struggled with marik/liao. Last I checked, we attacked marik first, and because of that the NAP came. SO yes, Im ok with calling them allies since they were just betrayed essentially, and want revenge against the aggressors. Why attack Davion when there's backstabbers to kill?
While unsure how long this'll last, the trust between marik and Liao may take a while to fix, considering the fresh distrust between the two atm.

No reason to suspect attack from a faction that has good reason to fight a common enemy.

#12 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:05 PM

In reality, at this point, if Marik decides to attack us it's just more of the usual... it was nice to be able to get enough people together to prevent Liao's acquisition of Shensi...

#13 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:09 PM

HA! I'm not angry. I want to see if Marik can actually make good allies, instead of running between NAPs when things get tough. When I see the same pilots promising Liao once they get 'their' planets back the NAP is back on, as well as promising us a long and fruitful relationship, I say colour me dubious.

If you want to believe them, feel free to do so, but until they've proved they can actually stick out a fight when things get tough (*cough beta 1 cough*), then I have zero faith in them sticking to their word.

#14 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:27 PM

I don't expect to be forever but I will accept it for as long as it lasts...

#15 totaldawson

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 11 January 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

HA! I'm not angry. I want to see if Marik can actually make good allies, instead of running between NAPs when things get tough. When I see the same pilots promising Liao once they get 'their' planets back the NAP is back on, as well as promising us a long and fruitful relationship, I say colour me dubious.

If you want to believe them, feel free to do so, but until they've proved they can actually stick out a fight when things get tough (*cough beta 1 cough*), then I have zero faith in them sticking to their word.

we shall see Devlin how they fair as allies, but for now there will be no antagonizing them.
General's orders

#16 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

We have a very "redneck brothers" relationship with Marik. We fight and fight hard most the time and we have fun at it. However we will team up against a mutual enemy at the drop of a hat and I don't know any Davion pilots who want to paint Marik all in Davion colors.

We will almost certainly go back to fighting Marik at some point. We have good fights and Marik are great sports. Right now though Liao attacked Marik and, while they were flush with mercs, took the opportunity to get all tough-talk about it. Now their short-lived population boost is over and they're trying to walk it back.

I don't think Marik is going to fall for it. They have a pretty keen sense of fair play and Liao did them dirty the first time they had a clear opportunity to.

Unless you're saying tcaf is a bunch of mercs.

#17 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

I personally enjoy the parties after fighting with Davion much more than those stuffy Liao pilots.

Never once have I heard a Liao pilot say "Hold my beer and watch this"

#18 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

Oh I'm fully aware of our funsies with Marik, Wazan was vicious but always (at least in the drops I was in) friendly and I enjoy shooting purple pigeons, but I wouldn't trust the faction as far as I could throw it, and to see Davion so desperately cling to a few days ceasefire while Marik rearranges it's attack lanes so it can go back to invading us with Liao is.. sad. I'd have no issue if we weren't seeing them trying to placate Liao about this only being a limited invasion then they can all go back to being friends again, but at the moment this looks like Davion is the beaten spouse and just making any excuse as Marik loves us really.

But I guess you're right, let's not antagonise such good allies who always ally with the one faction that constantly attack us, and fully intend to again.

#19 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 12 January 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

Oh I'm fully aware of our funsies with Marik, Wazan was vicious but always (at least in the drops I was in) friendly and I enjoy shooting purple pigeons, but I wouldn't trust the faction as far as I could throw it, and to see Davion so desperately cling to a few days ceasefire while Marik rearranges it's attack lanes so it can go back to invading us with Liao is.. sad. I'd have no issue if we weren't seeing them trying to placate Liao about this only being a limited invasion then they can all go back to being friends again, but at the moment this looks like Davion is the beaten spouse and just making any excuse as Marik loves us really.

But I guess you're right, let's not antagonise such good allies who always ally with the one faction that constantly attack us, and fully intend to again.

Well I can assure you that we have no intentions of jsut turning around on you guys :)

#20 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

Trustworthy or not, we both agree on one thing... ...House Liao must fall!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users