• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostChuanhao, on 12 January 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

Thanks for the second cbill mech sale in a row.

Got myself a Raven 4X last week (the only time the 2x and 4x have ever been on cbill sale)

and will be getting myself a CTF-0X this week.

I hope the sales keep going!

RVN-4X - So much fun. My best Raven by far, and I always enjoy playing it. That it has 2 mech module slots by default is also awesome, radar derp and seismic right from the start. Throw on adv. zoom later or whatever else you like. 511m optimum range for bringing wubby doom (after LPL modules).

#62 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

Float jet happy fun time

Jumping? Not so much.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 12 January 2016 - 11:23 AM.

#63 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

Given the immense tactical advantage that jump jets grant you, this "hover jet" stuff is getting old fast. Jump heavies and assaults are plenty good, thanks (except maybe the Victor, which seems to have a thyroid disorder since it's way bigger than it's supposed to be. Limited hard points forcing it to mount big weapons it can't carry without an XL engine ... bad mix of traits all around!).

#64 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

Dang PGI, what are you doing? I had this nice comfortable buffer of empty mechbays, recently topped off by the sale on Mechbays and then you guys pull stuff like this two weeks in a row.

Now I've got zero free Mechbays!! Zilch, nada!!

I have no choice but to spend all my remaining MC on Mechbays come next Mechbay sale, and then I'll need to buy MC again because I always want to have some of that in case a nice sale comes along (like those one-shot camos you did during the Christmas Holidays). Posted Image

#65 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:40 PM

BAHH I bought a set of Executioners not long ago! Damn you PGI!

#66 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 12 January 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Given the immense tactical advantage that jump jets grant you, this "hover jet" stuff is getting old fast. Jump heavies and assaults are plenty good, thanks (except maybe the Victor, which seems to have a thyroid disorder since it's way bigger than it's supposed to be. Limited hard points forcing it to mount big weapons it can't carry without an XL engine ... bad mix of traits all around!).

My Highlanders would like a word with you...

#67 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:11 PM

View PostVoodooLou Kerensky, on 11 January 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

Surprised no ones done this yet

Glad I am not the only one who thought this, when I saw this announcement.

#68 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

Nice sale, but the Arctic Cheetah has also JumpJets !

Where is the sale !?

#69 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:37 AM

Well I just blew the last of my cbills and free mech bays getting 7 more mechs. 2 Firestarters, 2 BlackJacks, and 3 ShadowHawks Which maxes out those mech collections. If I'm lucky I might get enough cash to get one or two more of the heavier mechs too before this is over.

Of course this means I won't have cbills on hand to outfit my Warhammers next week...but I'm a patient fellow. I can wait a bit longer.Posted Image

Hmm...and I'm gonna have to play CW now to pick up some more free mech bays. Unless PGI is nice enough to throw another event our way....that includes mech bays as prizes.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 13 January 2016 - 11:39 AM.

#70 Ian G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:31 PM

Well, ...

at least one mechbay is up in the next event:

https://mwomercs.com...201601champion3

#71 MechWarrior5081902

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 12 January 2016 - 07:28 AM, said:

Might need to get some Blackjacks, those are tough little buggers (for their weight) now.

Yep you can get some right before they nerf them next week, pretty ruthless plan to put something great on sale right before you nerf it into nothingness. I like it!!!

#72 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:45 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 13 January 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

Nice sale, but the Arctic Cheetah has also JumpJets !

Where is the sale !?

Lol wut...

#73 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:54 AM

View PostPrimal Vengeance, on 13 January 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

Yep you can get some right before they nerf them next week, pretty ruthless plan to put something great on sale right before you nerf it into nothingness. I like it!!!

Even without the structure quirks it's a good mech.

#74 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:30 PM

Sad for the black jack nerf but to really deal with why it is so good it is all about weapon placement. That mech would need the model redone to balance it. The weapons are just placed too well. all are high. and tight placed. The only way I can see that mech being balanced is not messing with any quirks. None. But boost forward movement +5% and reverse speed -25% or more. Then this mech will need a new play style then poke. That will balance the mech quick and make it take hits if it pokes but reward pushing, formations, and sneaky play.Because again it is the awesome mounts that make it a beast.

Also I like these sales. next add some new missions and levels to make C-bills on and enjoy the money i previously owned.

#75 Embiggens The Small

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:11 PM

Aww, lame. I got a CTF-3D a week ago, and now it's 3.4 million c-bills cheaper! Does Piranha announce these sales in advance, and I just missed it? Or did I just get shafted? Need a way to return purchases, or maybe just announce sales in advance like League of Legends does.

#76 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

View PostEmbiggens The Small, on 15 January 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

Aww, lame. I got a CTF-3D a week ago, and now it's 3.4 million c-bills cheaper! Does Piranha announce these sales in advance, and I just missed it? Or did I just get shafted? Need a way to return purchases, or maybe just announce sales in advance like League of Legends does.

Rarely pre-announce. All I can suggest is contacting support, they are often good about refunds if you literally bought it shortly before the sale.

#77 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:29 PM

And that's why I pretty much only buy non-pack 'Mechs when they're on sale anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users