4 replies to this topic

#1 izoli

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:32 AM

So I am relatively new to Faction gameplay, joined CW a couple months back and all seemed relatively decent, but after that tournament/fight over Tukayyid it's awful, at least in pug groups. Even matches we are winning in seems like there are at least 2 people that will disconnect at any given moment.

I also don't really understand the whole map/planets we are attacking and defending, but how come before Tukayyid we seemed to be doing fine, but then afterwards now it's like we're non-existent?

Sorey if these are dumb questions, I just don't get it...

#2 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:38 AM

Mainly because the filthy dezgra mercs decide the course of the war and win they're on the clan side the clans gain planets and when they're with the spheroids they gain planets. That's about it.

#3 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:45 PM

A lot of merc units went to IS and PGI held out the carrot for it to happen by releasing a handful of good IS mechs, while giving the clans sucky IIC mechs. This game is pretty much determined by what the big merc units do very uncharacteristic of actual BT lore which we the beta players and BT community have been trying to tell PGI for months now, but our say doesn't matter i guess. I mean just imagine reading the "Blood of Kerensky" as if it happened in MWO

clans- "Die freebirth...we are the clans and we are invading the IS!"
Big merc units join IS
clan - "Retreat!!!!!"

-the end-

Edited by Czarr, 12 January 2016 - 07:49 PM.

#4 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts
  • LocationYou might be having more fun playing post-apocalyptic survival game Miscreated

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:39 PM

Things like this make feel like I'm not playing a BattleTech/MechWarrior game after all.

And I sigh, feel disappointed, and still play a match... sometimes.

I haven't bought any more MC, mechs, etc. since Clans'-locked-engines and the quirks system was implemented (weapon x does range A on one mech and/or velocity x but range B/velocity y on another mech. WTF??? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I guess this is just a "MechWarrior light/casual game" after all...so I can't get into it the same way I could the older MW games.
More like a BattleTech mod for Crysis with all tanks (well, mechs actually), no foot soldiers...and a boatload of nonsense quirks.

And then allowing Mercs to be hired by the Clans. As if Clans would do that. WTF???
Honestly, it's just stupid.

What a letdown.

Edited by Defender Rococo Rockfowl, 12 January 2016 - 08:40 PM.

#5 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:15 AM

View PostCzarr, on 12 January 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

A lot of merc units went to IS and PGI held out the carrot for it to happen by releasing a handful of good IS mechs, while giving the clans sucky IIC mechs.

Umm.. The main reason is not the released mechs.

- The new balance pass(quirks changed) that happened, major nerf to skill bonuses of all mechs including huge buffs to is structures and movement, caused longtime players to switch to IS to check them out.
- At the sametime there was tukayyid event which traditionally causes a lot of burnouts compounded with map reset works miracles.
- Also sudden influx of new players flooded in cw and that caused veteran players to take a brake while noobs learn the ropes.

It will pickup gradually again..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users