Wave 4 Clan Omnimechs

133 replies to this topic

Poll: Form a row, everyone just 4 Votes for 4 Mechs in the pack please (586 member(s) have cast votes)

Wich 4 Omnimechs would you like to have in the Wave 4 Package ?

1. Light 20t: Fire Moth (316 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Light 25t: Fire Falcon (171 votes [7.73%])

Percentage of vote: 7.73%

3. Medium 40t: Battlecobra (83 votes [3.75%])

Percentage of vote: 3.75%

4. Medium 55t: Black Lanner (211 votes [9.54%])

Percentage of vote: 9.54%

5. Medium 55t: Huntsman (92 votes [4.16%])

Percentage of vote: 4.16%

6. Medium 40t: Phantom (80 votes [3.62%])

Percentage of vote: 3.62%

7. Medium 40t: Pouncer (59 votes [2.67%])

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

8. Medium 55t: Stooping Hawk (54 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

9. Medium 40t: Viper (85 votes [3.84%])

Percentage of vote: 3.84%

10. Heavy 65t: Crossbow (133 votes [6.01%])

Percentage of vote: 6.01%

11. Heavy 65t: Linebacker (139 votes [6.28%])

Percentage of vote: 6.28%

12. Heavy 75t: Night Gyr (209 votes [9.45%])

Percentage of vote: 9.45%

13. Assault 90t: Kingfisher (199 votes [9.00%])

Percentage of vote: 9.00%

14. Assault 95t: Turkina (284 votes [12.84%])

Percentage of vote: 12.84%

15. Nothing of them ! (27 votes [1.22%])

Percentage of vote: 1.22%

16. Medium 45t: Mongrel ( Grendel ) (70 votes [3.16%])

Percentage of vote: 3.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:46 AM

Hi Guys and Girls

There where some Twitter Posts from Russ Bullock asking for our wishes concerning Clan Omnimechs in the wave 4 Clan Mech pack.
Those are his Tweets:

https://twitter.com/...646738057232384

https://twitter.com/...646882509037568

https://twitter.com/...647049022906368

https://twitter.com/...647180061323264

So I compiled a List of Timeline conform Clan Omnimechs without tech not included in MWO ( Naga Omnimech for example features Arrow IV wich isnt in MWO )

Fire Moth
Fire Falcon
Battlecobra
Black Lanner
Huntsman
Phantom
Pouncer
Stooping Hawk
Viper
Crossbow
Linebacker
Night Gyr
Kingfisher
Turkina

If you have points to talk about besides Voting please ....I beg you to keep things CONSTRUCTIVE -- > that means positive and civil.
Also If you are of the Opinion you would rather have non Omni Clan Mechs I petition you to make a seperate thread under feature suggestions.

Thank you

Edit: Missed the Grendel .... 3053 med Omnimech....just did not see him.

Added Weightclass and Tonnage for better oversight.

Edited by The Basilisk, 13 January 2016 - 12:30 PM.

#2 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:50 AM

Very good! Russ, please see this.

#3 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:00 AM

I'd suggest separating the votes into weight classes: Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault (since that's how packs go)

#4 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:17 AM

My choices, and why:

LIGHT:

Fire Moth (Dasher)
Spoiler

MEDIUM:

Viper (Dragonfly)
Spoiler

or

Black Lanner
Spoiler

HEAVY:

Night Gyr
Spoiler

ASSAULT:

Turkina
Spoiler

or

Kingfisher
Spoiler

Edited by Odanan, 15 January 2016 - 07:46 PM.

#5 Shikata nai

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:08 AM

Nightgyr
Nightgyr
Nightgyr!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:12 AM

NAGA

#7 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostShikata nai, on 13 January 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

Nightgyr
Nightgyr
Nightgyr!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking about the Night Gyr, it has an interesting feature that could be in the game or not: Laser Heat Sinks.

Developed in 3051 and first fielded on the Clan Jade Falcon Night Gyr OmniMech, the laser heat sink was a revolutionary technology shift in cooling a BattleMech. Unlike a normal heat sink which uses radiators and heat-conductive fluids to cool a 'Mech, a laser heat sink uses lasers to excite the hot exhaust gasses to a higher-energy state, converting the infrared energy of the gasses to light which is then shunted out of the 'Mech via a series of highly polished surfaces. The resulting light show is highly visible and distinctive, which, while a serious drawback during covert operations, isn't really of much consequence under the traditional tenets of Clan warfare.

The mech could have full or partial "immunity" to environment heat.
And it already looks like something out of the Metroid series... now how cool it would be if the heat ports illuminated when the mech overheated? Like this:
Spoiler

PGI doesn't even need to add a new equipment: this could a "quirk" of the Night Gyr.

#8 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 January 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

I'd suggest separating the votes into weight classes: Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault (since that's how packs go)

Separating now is impossible sorry but Odanan told me I missed the Grendel....added it.

#9 butchly13

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:29 PM

Question. Will they live up to the BattleTech specs? Right now the clan lights aren't quick enough to compete with IS lights in terms of high-speed scouting and harassing. I make due with my adder but I'd consider a Fire Moth if I could actually go 162kph...

#10 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

The Coyotl is missing from your list. I know it went out of production but it'd be a very solid 40 tonner.

#11 Brian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

View Postbutchly13, on 13 January 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

Question. Will they live up to the BattleTech specs? Right now the clan lights aren't quick enough to compete with IS lights in terms of high-speed scouting and harassing. I make due with my adder but I'd consider a Fire Moth if I could actually go 162kph...

the firefalcon would be pretty damned fast, and of course if they could increase the top speed and slidethe firemoth in....

#12 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:39 PM

guys, the fire moth/ dasher still breaks the speed cap, so it just isn't going to happen. Fire Falcon is the go-to for time period appropriate lights using currently available weapons in game.

For Mediums you've got alot of variety. My Personal pick is the Phantom, (ECM Ice Ferret with up to 11e hardpoints) The Pouncer is a jumping Adder with quite varied hardpoints, and the Huntsman/Nobori-nin is slower stormcrow with more weapons and jump jets. Now if you want a fast 55 tonner, go with the Black Lanner, as it packs on ECM, but be ready, it has half the podspace of the stormcrow, at best.
For Heavies, this is virtually a no-brainer. The Night Gyr is slow, compared to the other Clan Heavies(Think warhawk), but in line with most IS standard engine heavies. The difference is an amazing 42 tons of podspace for vastly varied weapon loadout. Looking at the Linebacker, it's liable to have the same issue as the ebon jaguar (try hiding its face) and trades 10 tons of podspace to be as fast as a stormcrow. Sure, it would be a jumping 65 ton mech, but does the lack of this ability this really seem to limit the jag or the hb much?

For Assaults, there's really only one Omnimech choice, the Turkina. It's gonna move like a direwolf and could be even wider than all the other barn door mechs in the game. It does jump standard, and still manage to bring over 40 tons of armament to the field. For my money, I'd still take the Highlander IIC, but the Turkey's way better than the Kingfisher. The Kingfisher has some interesting possibilities, but unless something drastically changes, it is utterly screwed by its massive Standard engine. It has a paltry amount of free tonnage, guaranteeing some sort of laserboat configuration as the only way to be halfway viable. Still, with little free tonnage or crit space, There's no way I'd trade in my Highlander IIC for it.

#13 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:01 PM

View Postshameless, on 13 January 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

guys, the fire moth/ dasher still breaks the speed cap, so it just isn't going to happen. Fire Falcon is the go-to for time period appropriate lights using currently available weapons in game.

For Mediums you've got alot of variety. My Personal pick is the Phantom, (ECM Ice Ferret with up to 11e hardpoints) The Pouncer is a jumping Adder with quite varied hardpoints, and the Huntsman/Nobori-nin is slower stormcrow with more weapons and jump jets. Now if you want a fast 55 tonner, go with the Black Lanner, as it packs on ECM, but be ready, it has half the podspace of the stormcrow, at best.
For Heavies, this is virtually a no-brainer. The Night Gyr is slow, compared to the other Clan Heavies(Think warhawk), but in line with most IS standard engine heavies. The difference is an amazing 42 tons of podspace for vastly varied weapon loadout. Looking at the Linebacker, it's liable to have the same issue as the ebon jaguar (try hiding its face) and trades 10 tons of podspace to be as fast as a stormcrow. Sure, it would be a jumping 65 ton mech, but does the lack of this ability this really seem to limit the jag or the hb much?

For Assaults, there's really only one Omnimech choice, the Turkina. It's gonna move like a direwolf and could be even wider than all the other barn door mechs in the game. It does jump standard, and still manage to bring over 40 tons of armament to the field. For my money, I'd still take the Highlander IIC, but the Turkey's way better than the Kingfisher. The Kingfisher has some interesting possibilities, but unless something drastically changes, it is utterly screwed by its massive Standard engine. It has a paltry amount of free tonnage, guaranteeing some sort of laserboat configuration as the only way to be halfway viable. Still, with little free tonnage or crit space, There's no way I'd trade in my Highlander IIC for it.

Some notes:

Fire Moth: without MASC it runs at ~177 km/h, not much more than the Death's Kenell was before the speed tweak nerf (was 171.05)

Phantom: very fast, but only 5.5 tons for weapons after maxing armor. That's bad. EDIT: actually 4.5 because you won´t miss that ECM. Even the Fire Moth (without MASC), half the size, has more pod space.

Kingfisher: there is no such thing as a bad mech in MWO - there are underquirked mechs. It could be good, specially with a small CT (already said that).

I like to advocate the Fire Moth and the Viper because they are the missing original invaders. And the Night Gyr, because it is such a badass mech.

Edited by Odanan, 13 January 2016 - 05:06 PM.

#14 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:54 AM

What about the Deimos.
I know when Catalyst made it cannon it released it in the TRO 3085 Supplemental.

But given the "prototype" from MekTek as well as some then released omni stats
(Prime, A, B (no tech not yet in game) plus the story behind the design make this Mech a really good candidate for Wave 4. (Prime 6 UAC2; 4 ERMLAS, 2 LRM15; A: 2 Gauss; 2 ERPPC; B:2 LPL;3ERLAS;2LB5X)

Last not least i have endured some troubles to get some miniatures of the Deimos when it was not cannon, back in 2010, not to mention that old guy from customs authority that asked me why and what i have bought.

as an alternative what about a first and only 100% new MWO OmniMech Wave - the advantage is they can 100% design a mech not for a board game but fitting for the needs of a MWO omni.

For example a 90t assault mech with JumpJets in several OmniPods and ES and FF.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 14 January 2016 - 02:47 AM.

#15 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:47 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 14 January 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

For example a 90t assault mech with JumpJets in several OmniPods and ES and FF.

And ECM? And high mounted ballistics? There is such a mech not too far of the timeline: Blood Asp.
Maybe next year, when they run out of good chassis PGI makes a jump to 3060?

(And no, please, PGI, don't make all new mechs. Ever.)

#16 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:52 AM

Since Clans were announced, I've been screaming for the Black Lanner.
If not down to the fantastic builds it can run, it has MASC and ECM, and is a 55 tonner, which i believe we are currently lacking for clans.
And, it looks great in some of its Sarna pics. :)

#17 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:12 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 14 January 2016 - 04:52 AM, said:

Since Clans were announced, I've been screaming for the Black Lanner.
If not down to the fantastic builds it can run, it has MASC and ECM, and is a 55 tonner, which i believe we are currently lacking for clans.
And, it looks great in some of its Sarna pics. :)

Clans lacking a 55 tonner? Have you forgotten the Stormcrow? The Black Lanner has the same podspace as a Scat.

The Clans need a 40 tonner. I'd pick the Coyotl but it's not included in the OP. After that it's gotta be the Viper.

Edited by TheArisen, 14 January 2016 - 05:14 AM.

#18 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:18 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 14 January 2016 - 05:12 AM, said:

Clans lacking a 55 tonner? Have you forgotten the Stormcrow? The Black Lanner has the same podspace as a Scat.

The Clans need a 40 tonner. I'd pick the Coyotl but it's not included in the OP. After that it's gotta be the Viper.

I still dream about both Viper and Black Lanner making into the next pack, though. (Viper as a Mad Dog-style bonus for owners of Wave 3 and 4)

#19 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 14 January 2016 - 05:12 AM, said:

Ah yeah forgot about that!
well, regardless, its a beautiful mech, with MASC and ECM, there's no reason to not have it! :D

#20 Bhodi Li773

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts
  • Locationwww.PhoenixDominion.com

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:12 AM

Light = Fire Moth, Medium = Lanner, Heavy = Gyr, Assault = Kingfisher . I know Viper should be there but the mech itself looks kind of lopsided and different arm may be problematic when playing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users