Wave 4 Clan Omnimechs

133 replies to this topic

Poll: Form a row, everyone just 4 Votes for 4 Mechs in the pack please (586 member(s) have cast votes)

Wich 4 Omnimechs would you like to have in the Wave 4 Package ?

1. Light 20t: Fire Moth (316 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Light 25t: Fire Falcon (171 votes [7.73%])

Percentage of vote: 7.73%

3. Medium 40t: Battlecobra (83 votes [3.75%])

Percentage of vote: 3.75%

4. Medium 55t: Black Lanner (211 votes [9.54%])

Percentage of vote: 9.54%

5. Medium 55t: Huntsman (92 votes [4.16%])

Percentage of vote: 4.16%

6. Medium 40t: Phantom (80 votes [3.62%])

Percentage of vote: 3.62%

7. Medium 40t: Pouncer (59 votes [2.67%])

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

8. Medium 55t: Stooping Hawk (54 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

9. Medium 40t: Viper (85 votes [3.84%])

Percentage of vote: 3.84%

10. Heavy 65t: Crossbow (133 votes [6.01%])

Percentage of vote: 6.01%

11. Heavy 65t: Linebacker (139 votes [6.28%])

Percentage of vote: 6.28%

12. Heavy 75t: Night Gyr (209 votes [9.45%])

Percentage of vote: 9.45%

13. Assault 90t: Kingfisher (199 votes [9.00%])

Percentage of vote: 9.00%

14. Assault 95t: Turkina (284 votes [12.84%])

Percentage of vote: 12.84%

15. Nothing of them ! (27 votes [1.22%])

Percentage of vote: 1.22%

16. Medium 45t: Mongrel ( Grendel ) (70 votes [3.16%])

Percentage of vote: 3.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:00 AM

View PostBhodi Li773, on 14 January 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

Light = Fire Moth, Medium = Lanner, Heavy = Gyr, Assault = Kingfisher . I know Viper should be there but the mech itself looks kind of lopsided and different arm may be problematic when playing.

Most Clan mechs have asymmetrical arms.

#22 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

If I had to pick Omni mechs:

Light: Dasher/Fire-Moth at 20 tons. MASC implementation should not be hard with the current Speed Tweak nerf as well as the vast difference in MASC boost between MWO and TT. Last time hit registration got improved we received a 20kph speed cap increase. Hit detection has been vastly improved since then and I don't think another 20kph speed boost (the effective top speed of a Dasher would be 190.35kph . . . but that's only when MASC would be active, so only in short bursts). I'd prefer the Prime, A, B, and D configurations for the package to get the most variety out of the omnipods/hardpoints.

Medium: The Coyotl at 40 tons. It's the first ever Omnimech and it's not on your poll. We've already gotten mechs/variants that were little more than experiments (BJ-1X and CTF-0XP are prime examples), and yet this mech isn't even being given a chance? It'd be an exceptionally solid combat mech that's far removed from the scout role of the Fenris/Ice Ferret; and the opportunity for PGI to create third and fourth variants could give us excellent variety in hardpoints and/or variant roles.

Otherwise, I'd choose the Grendel/Mongrel only because I'd highly anticipate the later F variant with its Plasma Cannons (I really look forward to hopefully getting Plasma Cannons/Rifles).

Heavy: The 65 ton Crossbow. Although oddly enough the mech is basically a IIC . . . it's just a full fledged clan Omnimech and not just a rehash/rebuild of the much older IS Crossbow (conveniently weighing in 5 tons lighter but still a Heavy Mech). Regardless, the resemblance is there and it's a mech whose aesthetics and loadouts I'd very much like to see in MWO. I'd prefer that PGI fudge in later variants and use the Prime, A, a modified C or E, and a modified H in order to get more variety of hardpoints and weapons on the field.

Assault: The 90 ton Kingfisher is an older and rugged omnimech with good variety in hardpoints and potential omnipods. I certainly think it has good well-rounded potential in MWO. It really is as simple as that for my assault pick. The Prime, A, B, and C variants are all solid picks to add.

. . . Now, get that Coyotl on the voting roster so I can actually cast my votes already.

Edited by Sereglach, 14 January 2016 - 08:07 PM.

#23 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

part of the problem with the jumping omnimechs is the locked jumpjets. The Viper would be alot stronger if you could get that tonnage back. part of the problem also is its very limited weapons loadout. We aren't going to get the Dasher. I'd personally rather the Piranha because it'd be hilarious, but alas, not an omni. The Fire Falcon will work out better than the other choices.

any omnimech with a standard engine would need to be quirked like IS mechs to offset the horrendous loss of tonnage due the engine type, or it would be more underperforming than anything we've got out here for omnis. PGI isn't going to do that, so those choices are basically a waste.

Clan battlemechs will be how they really get money from now on. There's a ready made lineup to tap ( IIC's) and many more iconic mechs (Kodiak, Bane) to make them fun and playable. Granted, IS will always be more tanky, sadly.

#24 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

Go Kingfisher!

#25 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:21 PM

View Postshameless, on 15 January 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

We aren't going to get the Dasher.

We weren't going to get the Urbanmech or Unseen either. Nothing is impossible. If enough people want it, they'll find a way to put it in.

#26 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 13 January 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

Hi Guys and Girls

There where some Twitter Posts from Russ Bullock asking for our wishes concerning Clan Omnimechs in the wave 4 Clan Mech pack.
Those are his Tweets:

https://twitter.com/...646738057232384

https://twitter.com/...646882509037568

https://twitter.com/...647049022906368

https://twitter.com/...647180061323264

So I compiled a List of Timeline conform Clan Omnimechs without tech not included in MWO ( Naga Omnimech for example features Arrow IV wich isnt in MWO )

Fire Moth
Fire Falcon
Battlecobra
Black Lanner
Huntsman
Phantom
Pouncer
Stooping Hawk
Viper
Crossbow
Linebacker
Night Gyr
Kingfisher
Turkina

If you have points to talk about besides Voting please ....I beg you to keep things CONSTRUCTIVE -- > that means positive and civil.
Also If you are of the Opinion you would rather have non Omni Clan Mechs I petition you to make a seperate thread under feature suggestions.

Thank you

Edit: Missed the Grendel .... 3053 med Omnimech....just did not see him.

Added Weightclass and Tonnage for better oversight.

You left off the Lupus Posted Image How dare you, sir, how.....dare....you! I formally protest this omission.

P.S. and also the Woodsman, of all the nerve! You disappoint me.

P.P.S. not really actually upset but would appreciate their inclusion as I will abstain from voting without them, thank you for your time.

Edited by 0bsidion, 15 January 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#27 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

View Post0bsidion, on 15 January 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

You left off the Lupus Posted Image How dare you, sir, how.....dare....you! I formally protest this omission.

And the Coyotl and Woodsman!

#28 Kanya Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:21 PM

Clans need the Mad Cat MK2 and Blood asp in this game asap.

Timeline should be (has been) kicked to the curb (in CW).

#29 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

Damn.... No Vixen, Goshawk, Nova Cat, Canis or Woodsman, Mad Cat II, Bane, Stone Rhino, Supernova, or any of the unseen IIC's listed. Looks like I'll sit out this vote, other than voting for the Pouncer. This will be the first clan pack I'm disinterested in. Posted Image

Edited by Peiper, 16 January 2016 - 12:19 AM.

#30 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:08 AM

My picks?

Fire Moth.

Yes, it "breaks" the speed cap, or does it? Before HSR was improved, the speed cap was increased to the current 171ish point. The HSR improvements were supposedly as much as 25% over the old, meaning the speed cap is theoretically quite a bit higher than the 171 for accuracy purposes. Combined with the extremely slight MASC Mk 1 speed bonus in MWO, I do not think the Fire Moth will break anything - except jaws when they hit the ground when piloting them out of the shear speed that floors you. Posted Image

Viper.

Probably the most well rounded 40-ton mech we have, outside of the Coyotl which I didn't see on the poll. Honestly, outside of the Coyotl, all our 40 ton mechs are lacking, but the Viper strikes the closest thing to a balance of speed and firepower, with solid hardpoint options.

Huntsman.

Secondary medium mech option. Yes, the Black Lanner is a very cool mech, thematically. It's also pod space starved at 13 whopping tons of room. Being cool isn't enough to be a good mech, and Clan mediums need good mechs badly. Black Lanner is just an even worse Shadow Cat. The Huntsman, however, is Stormcrow levels of good in a 5 ton lighter package, trading speed for firepower and jump capability. This helps in CW because you can free up a few tons here and there. Probably extremely important in the new 4v4 mode. Also, the Huntsman looks positively badass with a built in distinctive cooling fin.

Night Gyr.

Given the options, there is no other choice in the heavy slot. Sorry, but 37.5 tons of pod space on a 75 ton mech with 4 "free" jump jets is too good to pass up. It also offers a slower heavy option, meaning no stupid "oversized Clan XL Engine Tax" on it. Will probably replace the TBR on the field for most people.

Turkina.

Both options suck. They do. However, I rather have firepower and be slow, than be a fast punching bag. If either the Turkina or Kingfisher get some love by PGI - solid torso twist on the Turkina or an ECM on the Kingfisher - then they might be worth something. As is, however? I see no overriding reason to like either of them.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 16 January 2016 - 06:15 AM.

#31 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:27 AM

I did not include the Coyotl for SEVERAL reasons.
First it is 2 times outdated and not in production anymore for centurys.
1x by its successor, the Lupus and second by its grandchild, the MadDog.
So adhering to Russ demand *roughly in timeline* it would be like incuding the Macky for IS.
( Not that I would bother )
Second and more important it only has one listed variant

Woodsman also has only one listed variant and is outdated by Timberwolf, Naga and Gargoyle.

I could include the Lupus, but please note that this is a Clan Coyote only Battlemech and due to its status as far outdated design a second line Unit.

Edit: and btw it has a standart 300 Reaktor.

Edit Edit: this *3 Variants of a mech* system sucks and just makes no sense at all for omnis.
Also at the far from canon current state od the game they could do a Battletech All Stars just as well without any timeline at all.

Edited by The Basilisk, 16 January 2016 - 09:43 AM.

#32 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 January 2016 - 05:08 AM, said:

My picks?

Fire Moth.

Yes, it "breaks" the speed cap, or does it? Before HSR was improved, the speed cap was increased to the current 171ish point. The HSR improvements were supposedly as much as 25% over the old, meaning the speed cap is theoretically quite a bit higher than the 171 for accuracy purposes. Combined with the extremely slight MASC Mk 1 speed bonus in MWO, I do not think the Fire Moth will break anything - except jaws when they hit the ground when piloting them out of the shear speed that floors you. Posted Image

Viper.

Probably the most well rounded 40-ton mech we have, outside of the Coyotl which I didn't see on the poll. Honestly, outside of the Coyotl, all our 40 ton mechs are lacking, but the Viper strikes the closest thing to a balance of speed and firepower, with solid hardpoint options.

Huntsman.

Secondary medium mech option. Yes, the Black Lanner is a very cool mech, thematically. It's also pod space starved at 13 whopping tons of room. Being cool isn't enough to be a good mech, and Clan mediums need good mechs badly. Black Lanner is just an even worse Shadow Cat. The Huntsman, however, is Stormcrow levels of good in a 5 ton lighter package, trading speed for firepower and jump capability. This helps in CW because you can free up a few tons here and there. Probably extremely important in the new 4v4 mode. Also, the Huntsman looks positively badass with a built in distinctive cooling fin.

Night Gyr.

Given the options, there is no other choice in the heavy slot. Sorry, but 37.5 tons of pod space on a 75 ton mech with 4 "free" jump jets is too good to pass up. It also offers a slower heavy option, meaning no stupid "oversized Clan XL Engine Tax" on it. Will probably replace the TBR on the field for most people.

Turkina.

Both options suck. They do. However, I rather have firepower and be slow, than be a fast punching bag. If either the Turkina or Kingfisher get some love by PGI - solid torso twist on the Turkina or an ECM on the Kingfisher - then they might be worth something. As is, however? I see no overriding reason to like either of them.

But which do you think is more likely to get help from PGI? A jumping 95 tonner with 42 tons of pod space (or whatever it is) or a STD engine assault without JJs. At best the Turkina will get better torso twist range than the Dire and that's it.

I have dubbed that mech the Dire Turkey.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 16 January 2016 - 09:53 AM.

#33 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

I hope no one is going to insult me - but i didn't like anyone of this mechs.
But we still have no Clan 20 ton Light or 40 ton Medium. So would be nice have more options in those ton classes.

Other question: why still selling Assaults? Since the launch of Ton matchmaker, i'm daily forced to use Medium or Light, sometimes Heavy. Assault only in PUGs, where no one is giving cover. That's why i still did not finish elite level of my Higlander 2Cs. So i don't think useful spending real money on Assaults anymore.

#34 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostAnavel Gato2, on 16 January 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

I hope no one is going to insult me - but i didn't like anyone of this mechs.
But we still have no Clan 20 ton Light or 40 ton Medium. So would be nice have more options in those ton classes.

Other question: why still selling Assaults? Since the launch of Ton matchmaker, i'm daily forced to use Medium or Light, sometimes Heavy. Assault only in PUGs, where no one is giving cover. That's why i still did not finish elite level of my Higlander 2Cs. So i don't think useful spending real money on Assaults anymore.

I realy do not think anyone would insult or harrass you because you are talking about valid concerns.
The Mechs I've presented in this forums post are ALL that remains from Clan arsenal that is Omnimech, half way within timeline of the game compared with Battletech lore, does not contain technology that is not in game and also concures with PGIs *at least 3 variants* guideline. Its realy all that remains of the Clan Arsenal in this time period when you realy scrape the barrel and ignore the second line Battlemechs NOT BEEING OMNIMECHS.

Regarding your concerns about Assault mechs... well who does group pug ?Posted Image
Either pug or do CW.....Posted Image
And concerning the Highlander as Assault... its together with Victor the weakest Assault in game. So your lack of success may be the Mech that just sucks not your team and not you.

Edited by The Basilisk, 16 January 2016 - 12:33 PM.

#35 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:29 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 16 January 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

And concerning the Highlander as Assault... its together with Victor the weakest Assault in game. So your lack of success may be the Mech that just sucks not your team and not you.

The Highlander 2C weakest assault? you never tried Gargoyle or Executioner?

#36 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:17 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 16 January 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

I did not include the Coyotl for SEVERAL reasons.
First it is 2 times outdated and not in production anymore for centurys.
1x by its successor, the Lupus and second by its grandchild, the MadDog.
So adhering to Russ demand *roughly in timeline* it would be like incuding the Macky for IS.

Second and more important it only has one listed variant

Woodsman also has only one listed variant and is outdated by Timberwolf, Naga and Gargoyle.

IS has very old mechs, Urbies and all, King Crab also only had one variant.

i do not see a problem.

Grendel
Lupus
Woodsman

OT, i would like to see a medium (40 ton would be really nice to fill the gap) to compete with the stormcrow. And a Light to compete with the Cheetah (and the Jenner IIC "if" it will be established (which i think it will).

Given how PGI handled clans i assume it will be a "1xlight, 1x medium, 1x heavy, 1xassault" package, with the possibilty of one additional medium or heavy for top tier package owner. U'know, that ******** PGI pulled with the Maddog.
I do not think that the heavy section of the clans need any help right now.

And i really, reaaaaaally hope PGI will drop the sales model for clan'mechs and will handle them like the new "one chassi with hero upgrade" IS packages. I reaaally reeeeeaaally hope they will.

I will not buy overpriced "a la carte" anymore. I won't buy a package which includes chassis i do not want to play (and much less pay for them with $).

#37 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:39 AM

View PostTeru Kojima, on 17 January 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

And i really, reaaaaaally hope PGI will drop the sales model for clan'mechs and will handle them like the new "one chassi with hero upgrade" IS packages. I reaaally reeeeeaaally hope they will.

I will not buy overpriced "a la carte" anymore. I won't buy a package which includes chassis i do not want to play (and much less pay for them with $).

i agree 100%. And as i wrote before, with this "tons" matchmaker no more Assaults.

#38 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:42 AM

View PostAnavel Gato2, on 17 January 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

I did and found them to be quite OKish compared with the weak IS Assaults.

View PostTeru Kojima, on 17 January 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

IS has very old mechs, Urbies and all, King Crab also only had one variant.

i do not see a problem.

Grendel
Lupus
Woodsman

OT, i would like to see a medium (40 ton would be really nice to fill the gap) to compete with the stormcrow. And a Light to compete with the Cheetah (and the Jenner IIC "if" it will be established (which i think it will).

Given how PGI handled clans i assume it will be a "1xlight, 1x medium, 1x heavy, 1xassault" package, with the possibilty of one additional medium or heavy for top tier package owner. U'know, that ******** PGI pulled with the Maddog.
I do not think that the heavy section of the clans need any help right now.

First thing is, IS tech is all but most based on things preserved over the centuries or found in starleague tech storages so cobbeled together old designs are not unusual in IS but the rule.

Second there where 2 stashed away variants of the Kingcrab and one recent one.

The Clans on the other hand with their pathological tendencies to preserve ressources would either store away an old design in brian caches ( Coyotl ) or reuse and recycle it ( Woodsman and Lupus ) and integrate it into current ones.

I understand your pain and when you say Clans desperately need better meds besides the stormcrow I'm with you body and soul.

But I created this POLL on the basis of borders defined by Russ in his Twitter posts.
And the best way to get a reasonable ammount of what you want is to demand what is possible.
Tech not in timeline and mechs not in timeline or even completely made up in case of some variants are most likely a problem and therefore more improbable to be implemented.

I strongly recommend to create an extra post petitioning for some of the out of timeline / techline / and so on Clan Omnimechs.
So your wishes will more likely be noted and not drowned somewhere in this post.

I also think non Omni Clan Battlemechs would be far more interesting atm than the remaining omnis.

The weaker chassis that are lore wise important but hard to put to use in MWO could go as loyality giveaways or single chassis in packs with heros like Maroder, Warhammer and Archer.

Edited by The Basilisk, 17 January 2016 - 09:57 AM.

#39 Ichen

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEarth, US MidWest

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 17 January 2016 - 09:42 AM, said:

First thing is, IS tech is all but most based on things preserved over the centuries or found in starleague tech storages so cobbeled together old designs are not unusual in IS but the rule.

I rarely respond to posts but in this case I had to let my frustration with this be known. I have nothing against the Clans and the mechs that everyone one wants to vote for the mechs offered. If I didnt think it was so inconsequential I would vote myself. However my frustration comes from the above comment. Here is my explanation.

Let me make this clear. IT DOES NOT MATTER AT THIS POINT IN MWO.

WHY? Its quite simple and it really is simple. The loadouts of all mechs completely ignore the physics and physical constraints of their construction. Particularly when it comes to ammunition and its placement, the requirements of energy based weapons vs the engine size used and the physical location of large weapons.

I know. What about critical hardpoint size? I am not talking about critical hardpoint sizes they are useless in the realm of the physical construction used in the TRO's. I am pointing out physical dimensions and physics limitations that are ignored.

First, HOW THE HELL DO RELOAD ROUNDS IN THE LEGS GET ALL THE WAY TO THE LAUNCHERS or THE GUN?

This means there has to be a transport mechanism in place to move the rounds. The mechanism would have to be unobstructed and infallible. NO mech in the entirety of the MW universe has this capability. That is why all launchers and ballistic weapons in the TRO's are installed with a set number of rounds and all reloads are adjacent to the launcher or gun and LIMITED to a number of reloads for the size of the adjacent compartment.

Above FACT is blatantly ignored.

Also ignored are energy usage of weapons.

SO, all weapons generate heat, thats great.
How do they generate the heat? They use energy created by an engine.
How much energy does an engine create? I dont know but from what I have seen they all make the same amount the only difference is the size of the engine.
But how much energy does each weapon use? Thats a good question?
Hmm, Im going to go out on a limb here and say zip, 0, zilch, none.

Lets say that a STD 200 engine produces 200kW of energy and can move a 75 ton mech. The mech has eight 25kW medium lasers. 100kW is needed to move the mech and 200kW is required to fire all 8 lasers simultaneously. Some simple math here shows us that 100kW+200kW=300kW. 300kW is needed to do those task. The extreme current draw should simply shutdown the mech immediately without warning not due to heat generation but due to...THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ENERGY TO FIRE ALL THOSE LASERS. But thats not how it goes in the realm of MWO physics. Like I said ignored.

Batteries you say. How often do you charge you cellphone? Everyday or just long enough keep a charge to leave the house for a few minutes. Also batteries are huge and heavy where you going to put those see my next point.

This is the last ignored point. The size of the mech and engine versus the weapons used. If the mech is a 20 ton light with an XL 320 engine and the weapons on it are 2 Medium Lasers installed in the torso. Leaving little space for anything else. You cant strip off all the armor and replace the Medium lasers with 2 ER PPC's in the same place. Physically, there would be no space for the PPC's on that mech. In order to do that you need to reduce the size of the engine and internals. Since endo steel only reduces weight and increase the number off critical hardpoints. Thats off the board. So now we have to change the engine size to make space.

Whaaaat...that makes my mech go slower. Now see my second point about physics. PPC's take a lot of energy and running a mech real fast also takes a lot of energy. UH-OH, we have a problem my engine wont let me fire my weapons cause it keeps shutting down and I cant run as fast to get away. Again this is also ignored. Just so you can stuff 2 ER PPC's that require significantly more energy than those medium lasers and also run at max speed.

Now, do you understand why it does not matter what mechs you vote for or what variants you get or if they can create a variant out of nothing. All input with a proven foundation will be ignored in lieu of what works best for the game and what is easier and faster to do. IF this were truly "a thinking mans shooter" all of the above would be addressed and you would not have to ask WHY not this mech or mech variant.

#40 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

View PostAnavel Gato2, on 17 January 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

Hey, I like the Executioner (and have a reasonable success with it). :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users