Wave 4 Clan Omnimechs

133 replies to this topic

Poll: Form a row, everyone just 4 Votes for 4 Mechs in the pack please (586 member(s) have cast votes)

Wich 4 Omnimechs would you like to have in the Wave 4 Package ?

1. Light 20t: Fire Moth (316 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Light 25t: Fire Falcon (171 votes [7.73%])

Percentage of vote: 7.73%

3. Medium 40t: Battlecobra (83 votes [3.75%])

Percentage of vote: 3.75%

4. Medium 55t: Black Lanner (211 votes [9.54%])

Percentage of vote: 9.54%

5. Medium 55t: Huntsman (92 votes [4.16%])

Percentage of vote: 4.16%

6. Medium 40t: Phantom (80 votes [3.62%])

Percentage of vote: 3.62%

7. Medium 40t: Pouncer (59 votes [2.67%])

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

8. Medium 55t: Stooping Hawk (54 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

9. Medium 40t: Viper (85 votes [3.84%])

Percentage of vote: 3.84%

10. Heavy 65t: Crossbow (133 votes [6.01%])

Percentage of vote: 6.01%

11. Heavy 65t: Linebacker (139 votes [6.28%])

Percentage of vote: 6.28%

12. Heavy 75t: Night Gyr (209 votes [9.45%])

Percentage of vote: 9.45%

13. Assault 90t: Kingfisher (199 votes [9.00%])

Percentage of vote: 9.00%

14. Assault 95t: Turkina (284 votes [12.84%])

Percentage of vote: 12.84%

15. Nothing of them ! (27 votes [1.22%])

Percentage of vote: 1.22%

16. Medium 45t: Mongrel ( Grendel ) (70 votes [3.16%])

Percentage of vote: 3.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:06 AM

yeah i must knwo teh Turkina is SLOOOWW!

#82 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:09 AM

We could really use the Nova cat despite it's timeline entry.. besides PGI said their not following lore so timeline doesn't matter and we already had the battle of tuk so Nova cats are in they should have been in.

#83 MasterW3

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

one of each, light medium heavy and assault.

#84 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:04 AM

They announced in the town hall broadcast friday there will be no new "packages" of mechs, Clan or otherwise. It takes them too much time/resources at this stage to have four mechs rendered and coded in 3 variants ready to release at the same time. All new mech releases will be one at a time, each month as they've done with the inner sphere classics lately, and are doing with the Kodiak. However they've announced the next Clan mech will be the 40 ton Viper (aka Dragonfly).

#85 InFlamezZ Weaver

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. :p

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:05 AM

Guys please what about the first omnimech ever? of course im talking about the Coyotl ;-; why is it not on the list already its fast and has pretty nice podspace and looks good. overall not bad for a 40t medium http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Coyotl although the Viper pretty much does almost the same thing.

Edited by InFlamezZ, 07 April 2016 - 05:11 AM.

#86 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:20 AM

PGI didn't care all that much for this one.
No Wave 4 either, so...

#87 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

All right, here is my package:
  • Night Gyr
  • Linebacker
  • Turkina
  • Kingfisher
That is all. :)

#88 r0b0tc0rpse

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:15 PM

Stone Rhino 100 ton. ;)

#89 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:29 AM

Just release them 1 by 1...

#90 Intenebrus

• Pip
  • Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are all so coooooooool.
  • A pouncer though would be kind of strange since it's just an Adder with jump jets really.
  • The crossbow is a super cool design but it uses alot of weapons not available in the game like Torpedoes, Arrow IV, AP Gauss, Mortars and ATM. Still there's enough variants usable to be masterable so I could see it happening.
  • The Fire Falcon would be like a super squishy, high firepower Stormcrow's little brother but I'm fairly certain it's the Fire Moth that everyone wants. It'd easily take the cake as the fastest mech in MWO, outrunning the Spider-5V and any locust or Commando. That would be soooohohohoho much fun to play and finally add a second 20 ton mech.
  • As far as medium mechs go I was hoping for the battle cobra but nobody else seems to like it like I do. The stooping Hawk would just be a slightly larger Nova really.
  • I don't see the Huntsman happening because it uses pods on it's legs, it'd be the first mech with leg weapon mounts and I feel if MWO was going to have leg weapons, we'd have the wasp by now.
  • The black lanner is a hilarious giant fat chicken of a mech, I would love to see people running around in those.
  • The phantom... is kind of like a shadowhawk, with a bunch of little weapons and a main weapon. It looks and plays like an Ice Ferret, except it'll have ECM.
  • The Linebacker looks like a giant Nova and plays like a Giant Stormcrow, I'm all for it. A bigger, Faster dragon, more or less.
  • On one hand the Turkina is basically a huge Ebon Jaguar, 95 tons of missiles and pain, but the clans already have a chicken-walking assault mech with blistering amounts of firepower and low speed and it's one of the most overplayed mechs in MWO. I suppose giving people another option would be nice, but it didn't really make anyone want to play the highlander over the atlas, I don't see it working for the dire wolf either.
  • The kingfisher will give the clans a more original mech that doesn't really have a comparison in MWO yet, which is always a good deal. It's like a 90 ton shadowhawk- on the faster end of it's weight class with a weapon for every occasion.
  • The Grendel is another more original clan design, it'd be cool to have around. Fast, tons of weapons, what's not to like?
Personally I'm voting for the Fire Moth, Battle Cobra, Linebacker and Kingfisher. I know the Battle Cobra won't happen, but maybe someday people will learn that it's not bad just because it has only arm weapons... I mean, people like the crab don't they? ;~;

Edited by Intenebrus, 11 May 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#91 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:13 PM

View PostIntenebrus, on 11 May 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are all so coooooooool.
  • A pouncer though would be kind of strange since it's just an Adder with jump jets really.
  • The crossbow is a super cool design but it uses alot of weapons not available in the game like Torpedoes, Arrow IV, AP Gauss, Mortars and ATM. Still there's enough variants usable to be masterable so I could see it happening.
  • The Fire Falcon would be like a super squishy, high firepower Stormcrow's little brother but I'm fairly certain it's the Fire Moth that everyone wants. It'd easily take the cake as the fastest mech in MWO, outrunning the Spider-5V and any locust or Commando. That would be soooohohohoho much fun to play and finally add a second 20 ton mech.
  • As far as medium mechs go I was hoping for the battle cobra but nobody else seems to like it like I do. The stooping Hawk would just be a slightly larger Nova really.
  • I don't see the Huntsman happening because it uses pods on it's legs, it'd be the first mech with leg weapon mounts and I feel if MWO was going to have leg weapons, we'd have the wasp by now.
  • The black lanner is a hilarious giant fat chicken of a mech, I would love to see people running around in those.
  • The phantom... is kind of like a shadowhawk, with a bunch of little weapons and a main weapon. It looks and plays like an Ice Ferret, except it'll have ECM.
  • The Linebacker looks like a giant Nova and plays like a Giant Stormcrow, I'm all for it. A bigger, Faster dragon, more or less.
  • On one hand the Turkina is basically a huge Ebon Jaguar, 95 tons of missiles and pain, but the clans already have a chicken-walking assault mech with blistering amounts of firepower and low speed and it's one of the most overplayed mechs in MWO. I suppose giving people another option would be nice, but it didn't really make anyone want to play the highlander over the atlas, I don't see it working for the dire wolf either.
  • The kingfisher will give the clans a more original mech that doesn't really have a comparison in MWO yet, which is always a good deal. It's like a 90 ton shadowhawk- on the faster end of it's weight class with a weapon for every occasion.
  • The Grendel is another more original clan design, it'd be cool to have around. Fast, tons of weapons, what's not to like?
Personally I'm voting for the Fire Moth, Battle Cobra, Linebacker and Kingfisher. I know the Battle Cobra won't happen, but maybe someday people will learn that it's not bad just because it has only arm weapons... I mean, people like the crab don't they? ;~;

The Crab has a headmount on all variants. Plus, there is already a mech that has nothing but arm mounts, and its one of the least played mechs in the game.

#92 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 15 May 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

The Crab has a headmount on all variants. Plus, there is already a mech that has nothing but arm mounts, and its one of the least played mechs in the game.

better not say kit fox.

#93 Shu Horus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:43 AM

My Jade Falcon Heart took over:

Light: Fire Falcon
Medium: Black Lanner
Heavy: Night Gyr
Assault: honestly don't care, but picked the Kingfisher as the Turkina is just drop dead ugly looking (imho).

Just for fluff I would pick a signature Mech from each of the main Invading Clans for a Wave pack. But I prefer the road they are going now with the single Packs, dropping this overpriced "a la carte" crap all together.

Cheers
Nuit

#94 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:03 AM

View PostShu Horus, on 01 June 2016 - 05:43 AM, said:

My Jade Falcon Heart took over:

Rejoice, this illness can be cured. All you need is a good surgeon. Should I arrange an appointment?

#95 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostWindscape, on 24 May 2016 - 10:54 AM, said:

better not say kit fox.

Nope, Mist Lynx.

#96 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:27 PM

phew!

guess you could have also meant vindicator too

#97 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:00 PM

View PostWindscape, on 05 June 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

phew!

guess you could have also meant vindicator too

Ok, three things. Number 1, The Vindicator also has headmounts. Number 2, Someone should really make a version of this thread for Clan Battlemechs. Number 3, the Viper and the Night Gyr can be removed from the list.

#98 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:34 PM

the vindi has one headmount, and the best you can do with that is a medium pulse, which even that wont do ya any good when your arms are hacked off.

#99 Strattus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 106 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:37 PM

I just remember the Turkina from the MechCommander Gold Expansion.... Would make the Crab look thin!!!!

Also, need a speedy mech....Firemoth with MASC FTW!

#100 Raven40

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

Blood kite and annihilator iic xP

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users