Why have YOU chosen house Davion?

606 replies to this topic

#41 Hanibal Frey

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

Since the first time I played the Battletech tabletop, since the very first day I tried Battletech RPG (now up to Time of War by Catalyst), since being inside in action with my huge mech in PC releases...

Davions - my types.

Why?

Have you ever looked upon british royalty of good old times, when chivalry was valued? Have you looked at them in the real history of the world? You propobly know them as very calm and flegmatic gentlemen... oh, than you're making a big mistake. You must understand that Davions are galant knights indeed... but at the same time, cool and efficient, like Admiral Nelson, like Wellington, like Richard III. They will stand upon the top of the world and look down upon the obediant masses, they'll take a sip of a tea while at the same time signing a death warrant of someone they don't like and want punished for either weird sense of humour and fun, or just to make an example... and when a crying woman graps one's boot asking: "Oh why, my'lord, why you sentence us to death?!" a true Davion will rise up his brow, put on his top-hat, smirk and heartly chuckling will say: "Because, love... I am a *******, I know. And when it's all over, I shall take care of your children, donate a large sum to rise them as propper Davion loyalists and of course pose as a true friend of your people.... That's how I roll."
Love that about them. Also they are a bit mixed with style of imperial Russia, time of Tzars and their almost absolute power. Their fassade is amazing figure of galant nobility, honour and virtue... but go against them and you'll get involved with all the dirt, death and cruelty. (It's like watching this HBO tv Series - Rome... but in Battletech!)

Always seen Davions as honorable folk, though, honorable but not forgiving and overly mercifull, harsh, fair and strong. While all others I see as just ragged mobsters that can backstab you anytime they like, Davions are more like a mafia, with their own rules, laws and principles.
I'm not really after good guys, or bad guys... Both those stereotypes bore me to the grave. I am all about the efficient and smart guysm who can grasp and organise stuff into one huge political powerhouse that everyone fears.

Edited by Hanibal Frey, 25 December 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#42 That Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

battlefield stratagies:

Draconis combine: FIGHT HARDER!
Lyran Commonwealth: pay someone else to fight...
Free Worlds League: FIGHT EACH OTHER!
Cappellan Confederation: FIGHT HARDER HUMAN WAVES!
Federated Suns: fight SMARTER

thats another thing I like about us :)

#43 Sleeve98

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

I just wanna be along the Draconis March, taking it to the Combine! They're an archrival from the MW4 Ladder League days on MSN Zone, and it's still a fun grudge to carry ;) - 'specially 'cause they're good. ;)

#44 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

View PostOppi, on 21 December 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Pics, or it didn't happen ^^

(For me she's the antichrist, ruining house Steiner for me even though she won't become Archon until 7 or 8 years after launch. She's even worse than Sun-Tzu. He just wanted what he believed was best for the Confederation, while all that Katherine ever wanted was more power, regardless of the bodycount.)

Nah, I think katherine *SPIT* actually enjoyed manipulating people. She even seemed to get giddy over the thought of having her brother's lover murdered... because it would cause him agony.

Yech.

And that she outlives him?

BAH.

#45 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

View PostPht, on 28 December 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

And that she outlives him?

BAH.

*Chuckles*
Just barely, but yes she does. Then she's promptly betrayed by her own son who comments that she's made him too good at this.
Dead on Tharkad by your own child, gee Kathy this rings familiar somehow. ;)

#46 trycksh0t

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

House Davion...why not? Aside from all the noble reasons already stated above, I'm throwing out a few selfish reasons.

Autocannons are fun. Full stop.

Great respect for the Draconis Combine warriors, I look forward to meeting them on the field of battle.

I hate Liaos (Allards are exempted from this statement). I'd like to take that Capellan sword they're so proud of and shove it up their collective nether regions, starting with Max and ending with Sun-Tzu, steamroll the entire confederation, and give the pieces to Cassandra to rebuild.

#47 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostThat Guy, on 27 December 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

battlefield stratagies:

Draconis combine: FIGHT HARDER!
Lyran Commonwealth: pay someone else to fight...
Free Worlds League: FIGHT EACH OTHER!
Cappellan Confederation: FIGHT HARDER HUMAN WAVES!
Federated Suns: fight SMARTER

thats another thing I like about us ^_^

I laughed so hard, nice joke. "fight smarter!" - best joke of 2011.

View Posttrycksh0t, on 31 December 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

I hate Liaos (Allards are exempted from this statement). I'd like to take that Capellan sword they're so proud of and shove it up their collective nether regions, starting with Max and ending with Sun-Tzu, steamroll the entire confederation, and give the pieces to Cassandra to rebuild.

You tried to steam-roll us many times. Yet, we are still here. Why? Because you ALWAYS fight smarter. :(

#48 Captain Hat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:24 AM

Not really, it's closer to the truth to say that the main reason is in fact ComStar interference.

#49 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostCaptain Hat, on 03 January 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

Not really, it's closer to the truth to say that the main reason is in fact ComStar interference.

I do not remember Com Star helping us many times you wanted to steal our planets. I remember just Capellans kicking your buts every time. B)

#50 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostAdridos, on 03 January 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

I remember just Capellans kicking your buts every time. B)

Except for that whole "Fourth Succession War" thing where you guys lost like half your worlds...

#51 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostDihm, on 03 January 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Except for that whole "Fourth Succession War" thing where you guys lost like half your worlds...

We are recreating and by 3200, we will be twice as strong. B)

#52 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

So in 151 years you'll be back to the size you were before the Fourth Succession War? B)

#53 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostDihm, on 03 January 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

So in 151 years you'll be back to the size you were before the Fourth Succession War? B)

Yes, plus most of the Davion territory. -_-

#54 D the Hunter

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

I first started playing Battletech in the late 80's with the House Davion. I was in the 3025 timeline in an Archer for the 1st Robinson Rangers. I look forward to seeing how the regular units of House will be incorporated. Oh, and crushing Kurita scum!

#55 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Most likely we'll be joining Davion not because of any fictional literature but because thats the house our unit served in MPBT before the game died.
It's house members were also those who treated us best among all the houses.

#56 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Steiner is better. Our scout mechs are better armed and armored than your assault mechs.

Edited by Gattling Fenn, 05 January 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#57 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 04 January 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Steiner is better. Our scout mechs are better armed and armored than your assault mechs.

Ah yes...perhaps your right, you do have the better mechs but you know what? You could have all the tech in the universe but if you dont know how to pilot a mech, its just a pile of metal :D

#58 Rockhound085

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Actually I have felt the same way, I always the the FedSuns as the most like the USA or England in todays world. I would love the live there and on top of that the armed forces wear spurs which is just too darn cool.

Until the Dark Age the Suns seemed like the most stable place to be as well.

#59 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

House Davion and the FedSuns most closely model conventional Western government systems (even moreso than the Lyran Commonwealth or the barely contained anarchy of the FWL). People identify with them and see them as the "good guys" of BattleTech. Nevermind that there are serious economic disparities between primary FedSun planets and those deemed expendable or otherwise unimportant (backwater planets), and the FedSuns spend more on their military than any other IS House. Frankly, I support the huge military expenses, especially since they border the Draconis Combine. Also, the Davions never loose (not accurate, but it often feels like they always win...or at least come out on top).

Also, playing FedSuns lets you beat up on Capellans, and who doesn't love that?

#60 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

I share many of you points, as to why the suns are best.

i love their use of rct in combat, i despise how most other factions have their mech fetishes. Don't get me wrong i love mechs, but in combat a mixed force has many more uses and is by far more flexible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users