606 replies to this topic

#601 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:20 AM

The guy that taught me how to play tabletop is a lifelong Davion. We came to MWO together and founded a unit.

#602 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:12 AM

View PostMystwolf, on 07 December 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

1) First TT/RPG version I Played a character in the Federated sons.

2) I read Warrior Trilogy and Loved the Story and the Way Hanse ran things. An awesome strategist and leader. It takes Guts to start a war at your wedding =)

3) Reading other BT books and playing RPG and the other Video games Federated Sons became my Primary House with Lyrans and DC a distant 2nd and 3rd.

Whell, those Cappies didn't give his wife the wedding gift he promised her (The ENTIRE Capellan Confederation)

#603 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:19 AM

I started reading the novels (Sword and Dagger) and the Davions seemed the only .. non-stupid .. House. After buying the MechWarrior rulebook and reading the Davions were pretty much based off feudal England I was sold. Other than a brief dalliance with Marik in a RPG campaign as a merc I have been playing as Davion for 20 odd years (barring a break when the Clans arrived and I lost interest), I'm not going to stop now just because internet ironies has decided that Davion are too squeaky clean (thanks a bunch Stackpole) for te kool kidz.

Edit: Just to clarify, Battletech never took off in England as it did in the US, so the filtering of rulebooks over here was slower and quite hard to find for awhile.

Edited by DevlinCognito, 29 September 2015 - 02:22 AM.

#604 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 29 September 2015 - 02:19 AM, said:

Edit: Just to clarify, Battletech never took off in England as it did in the US, so the filtering of rulebooks over here was slower and quite hard to find for awhile.

That is what the Internet is for (but, yeah, not 20 years ago).

Edited by Ed Steele, 29 September 2015 - 07:31 AM.

#605 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

Oh Victor Mechs and the pretty colours because like everyone goes to war in Parade ground colours..

I have been since Table Top a Lyran Comonwealth Pilot.

What caused me to change, P.G.I's total fail in Written German on the faction Camo..I swear they used Google translate..

It's true about the Victors though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users