Next Patch January 19Th!

107 replies to this topic

#41 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:33 AM

*nvm*

Edited by Insufficient Skill, 19 January 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#42 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:01 AM

View PostPivateer, on 16 January 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

NAME CHANGE??? Does that mean we can finally change/correct our pilot names??? Say it is so! Now I can finally fix my name I misspelled waaaaay back in early Beta lol

From the January road map:
"Pilot Name Changes via Website
Players will finally be able to initiate name changes without needing to contact Support services. The first name change using this system is free, regardless of whether you’ve received a manual name change from Support in the past. Once you’ve used your one free name change, any subsequent name changes will cost 4500MC (~$25USD)."

So yep, one free name change then it will cost you.

Although I'm glad we didn't have this feature during the weekend I thought joke names were funny when added to "BLANK was killed by BLANK (perhaps influenced by alcohol). I'd be stuck with a name like "Violent Pooping" or "Falling Down Stairs"!

Edited by Danth Reduviid, 17 January 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#43 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:35 AM

Damage feedback stumped me, then the laser hit and laser beam mods made sense. Wonder if they are adding explosions or more vivid ones for certain weapons. etc. Name change. Nah, I got mine right the first time!!!

#44 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:41 AM

Please !!! I hope that this map has already solved the problem of blockages in the rocks. An idea why not apply the same programming for when the trees mech step that object he disappears from the map? how about! Plz test. The new mech and equal and repair another mech and weapons. Posted Image

#45 PR1VATEER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:16 AM

View PostDanth Reduviid, on 17 January 2016 - 06:01 AM, said:

From the January road map:
"Pilot Name Changes via Website
Players will finally be able to initiate name changes without needing to contact Support services. The first name change using this system is free, regardless of whether you’ve received a manual name change from Support in the past. Once you’ve used your one free name change, any subsequent name changes will cost 4500MC (~$25USD)."

So yep, one free name change then it will cost you.

Although I'm glad we didn't have this feature during the weekend I thought joke names were funny when added to "BLANK was killed by BLANK (perhaps influenced by alcohol). I'd be stuck with a name like "Violent Pooping" or "Falling Down Stairs"!

Awesome! Then my wish is coming true! Thanks for the info! And at $25 a pop, I better get it right the first (freebie) time!

#46 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:38 AM

View PostPivateer, on 16 January 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

NAME CHANGE??? Does that mean we can finally change/correct our pilot names??? Say it is so! Now I can finally fix my name I misspelled waaaaay back in early Beta lol

Divateer? Just kidding.
I'm guessing you were a fan of the Wing Commander: Privateer game back in the 90's...?

I guess this is a chance for all those "rouge" players to change thier name from something that means "reddish pink", to "rogue" (rebel/thief/scoundrel). Unless they like reddish pink, of course.

#47 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:27 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 16 January 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

Looks great, but if it is another map with a dominate feature in the middle, I wont like it. Tired of the "Run to the middle and slug it out."

its not it looks vary randomized like varidian bog but the terrain seems quite low lying possibly the least extreme featured map we have seen, so it should be a good one to have in the mix.

#48 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:35 AM

View PostK19, on 17 January 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

Please !!! I hope that this map has already solved the problem of blockages in the rocks. An idea why not apply the same programming for when the trees mech step that object he disappears from the map? how about! Plz test. The new mech and equal and repair another mech and weapons. Posted Image

This is what the "Map Improvements" are according to the roadmap:

"Breakable trees and roots in Viridian Bog
[color=#00FFFF]Thanks to the extra efforts of our level artist we have made an initial round of improvements to Viridian Bog. This should be considered a first pass, as we will continue to improve collisions and general playability on this map in later patches.[/color]

Breakable trees and roots in Emerald Taiga
[color=#00FFFF]As the Faction Play map with the highest number of trees we have also performed an initial pass on Taiga to make the trees and roots breakable."[/color]

I assume (hope) any low lying obstacles in the new map will be breakable also!

#49 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:35 AM

View Postshopsmart, on 17 January 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

Damage feedback stumped me, then the laser hit and laser beam mods made sense. Wonder if they are adding explosions or more vivid ones for certain weapons. etc. Name change. Nah, I got mine right the first time!!!

i was thinking about that this week actually. when i sore the screen shot of the warhammer firing its ppcs. it would be cool if when you fired them the energy Lightning effect ran around the barrel for a bit after firing and lasers glowed there respective color for a few seconds after firing pluss ammo shells casings for ballistics.

#50 A Bag Full of Puppies

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:38 AM

Finally I can shed this ridiculous name and take one far more dignified...

Bag full of Kittens

Edited by A Bag Full of Puppies, 17 January 2016 - 09:39 AM.

#51 Septi

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:01 AM

Aspect ratio on that desktop picture... 1920x700 seriously!?

#52 fighterguy899

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

cant wait until the new map comes out on the 19. Posted Image cant wait!!

#53 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:25 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 16 January 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

They've already said it doesn't have a big dominant feature. In fact, it's supposedly reasonably flat.

I'm going to hate LRMs now more than ever

I have a hard time with Frozen City because you only have a few spots for cover from a good gang of LRM mechs. This is new map sounds like Frozen Plains, I'm going to be spending allot of time cursing incoming missiles.

#54 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 17 January 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

I'm going to hate LRMs now more than ever

I have a hard time with Frozen City because you only have a few spots for cover from a good gang of LRM mechs. This is new map sounds like Frozen Plains, I'm going to be spending allot of time cursing incoming missiles.

Have you looked at it? There's lots of shallow gullies throughout it. Good LOS cover, but maybe not good LRM cover. Still, dealing with spotters and hitting UAV's will deal with LRM's just fine.

There's lots of video of the new map so you don't need to go with "sounds like"; just look at it.

#55 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 16 January 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

yeah prolly the laser graphic change.

given that they've talked about lasers showing damage done at range by their width, and nobody has ever talked about floating damage text, I'd assume the former and think you where on someone with the wild speculation.

All well and good for lasers, for your explanation, but what about ballistics and missiles ? I'm not seeing it.

#56 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:18 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 17 January 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

Have you looked at it? There's lots of shallow gullies throughout it. Good LOS cover, but maybe not good LRM cover. Still, dealing with spotters and hitting UAV's will deal with LRM's just fine.

There's lots of video of the new map so you don't need to go with "sounds like"; just look at it.

Im more and more convinced that reading comprehension and analysis skills are a lost art. I really don't know how you maintain your patience and sanity, WintersDark...

#57 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 17 January 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

All well and good for lasers, for your explanation, but what about ballistics and missiles ? I'm not seeing it.

What about them?

As I said, they've been discussing the laser change for some time, and their stated goal with it is to show visible feedback on how much damage lasers are doing.

They've said they were adding it in this patch.

It seems pretty reasonable that that is what they are talking about, given they've already said they were adding it in this patch.

It doesn't say ALL weapons, just "weapons" and you really can't take what they say apart word by word. After all, this post initially said "Dec 19th!"

Edited by Wintersdark, 17 January 2016 - 02:59 PM.

#58 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:54 PM

I've seen the videos, they don't show us the whole map so I'm going from what we have been told until the map finally drops in a couple days.

I'm sure I will be in the minority consider Frozen City is a very popular map and I'm one of the few who still enjoys Alpine.

It's looking good visually all the same.

#59 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 17 January 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

It doesn't say ALL weapons, just "weapons" and you really can't take what they say apart word by word. After all, this post initially said "Dec 19th!"

Correct. But by not defining what weapons, and just using "weapons" really does read as meaning all weapons. There is no picking apart of anything........

#60 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

Halo map... what was that Halo map... can't remember if it was, it was Reach, the last one I played. A Reach map that was long and flatish and open with trenches and holes and little else. Yeah, new map reminds me of something I can't remember. And Hoth.

Weapon damage feedback, I'm placing money on more information based on damage dealt or received?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users