Premade Pugging Units?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Legal Insurrection

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:40 PM

any units out there dedicated to 12 man pug drops?

#2 Bang Bang Dead

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

I guess you could troll through recruitment forums asking about quick play comp teams.

#3 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

There are many. Look through faction sections of the forums. Marik also has a pretty active faction chat. Anytime I'm there I invite players to join us on our TS server. If you're looking for a group of PUGs to drop with be it quickplay or CW we generally have players dropping at all hours.

You can jump into any of the public drop bays at the top of the page and they'll be happy to pick you up in the PUG they're currently running.

We also have a few core group of players that run 12man PUGs as well for CW (when we have enough players on and interested) but normally during prime time NA we'll have anywhere from 2-4 public drop bays going in CW and 1-2 in quickplay.

As far as specific units go, that's dependent upon how their unit leaders set up the group itself. Some are very casual, others are more regimented.

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:51 PM

Widows for now has been mostly public Q if thats what you mean by pug.

#5 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:06 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 19 January 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

Widows for now has been mostly public Q if thats what you mean by pug.

well just about every group in the public dropbays is a PUG. We've bene picking up a lot of new players in our CW PUGs. Whoever pops in gets a space if we have room, then we start filling up the next drop bay :)

1-2AM is when our server starts slowing down a bit until about 9AM or so. We could definitely use some extra recruiting in those timezones

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:02 PM

View PostSandpit, on 20 January 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

well just about every group in the public dropbays is a PUG. We've bene picking up a lot of new players in our CW PUGs. Whoever pops in gets a space if we have room, then we start filling up the next drop bay :)

1-2AM is when our server starts slowing down a bit until about 9AM or so. We could definitely use some extra recruiting in those timezones

What im not sure about is he says 12 man "unit" kind of made it sound like a unit that does group Q. If its CW unit then 1fwg would be the best to go to now.

Of course if you just want to pug without any unit join the TS server and get into a 12 man like Sandpit said.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 21 January 2016 - 05:03 PM.

#7 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:32 AM

na1.mech-connect.net

You will find many people in the public dropships.

#8 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:03 AM

Hmm. Cameron's Highlanders are a unit that doesn't exactly follow a super-strict command structure. When I played with them, they didn't seem to ever shout orders or tell people what to bring, they just drop together and rely on instincts and are generally a pretty skilled core of players. They might be the unit for you if you like pug-esque unit play.

#9 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 25 January 2016 - 12:03 AM, said:

Hmm. Cameron's Highlanders are a unit that doesn't exactly follow a super-strict command structure. When I played with them, they didn't seem to ever shout orders or tell people what to bring, they just drop together and rely on instincts and are generally a pretty skilled core of players. They might be the unit for you if you like pug-esque unit play.

That's generally what are "units" are like. Take what you want, we normally dont' call out "orders" other than simply calling out target locations and information to help focus down mechs and such.

That's how almost every PUG I've ever dropped with (MWO or not) has ever worked.
I'm RMA
That's my "unit"
My unit affiliation is Marik.
Within the TS server for Marik we've set up, we have about 10 "units" with varying degrees of membership and structure.

A typical PUG for us equates to 3-4 different unit players dropping together. That's what our public drop bays are for.

If players want a more regimented experience, they can join a specific unit and drop in that unit's private channel.

The misconception and opinions regarding units is astounding sometimes, but really they're just a group of players using a TS server more than anything else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users