- - - - -

Pilot Skills Not Reflected In Mech Lab?

17 replies to this topic

#1 Squirtoe

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

Is there any reason why the weapon pilot skills im choosing dont seem to be reflected in the mechlab data for cooldown and range ?? im trying to upgrade er large laser,, and they're maxed out but nothing changed in game or mechlab

#2 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:06 PM

No, unluckly the mechlab data only shows the base stats of weapons and mechs.

#3 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:12 PM

View PostSquirtoe, on 18 January 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

Is there any reason why the weapon pilot skills im choosing dont seem to be reflected in the mechlab data for cooldown and range ?? im trying to upgrade er large laser,, and they're maxed out but nothing changed in game or mechlab

Did you also purchase the module related to the skill? There are 2 costs associated with Pilot Skills.

1. GXP to unlock the skill modules.
2. C-Bills to purchase the modules themselves.

Unless you have unlocked a given skill and purchased the module and installed it in the mech, you won't get the associated range or cool down bonus.

#4 Squirtoe

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:30 PM

Ohhh i see now.. those things marked modules ,, that are 3 or 4 million credits.... ouch... i have a ton unlocked but not installed.. thank you ...

Edited by Squirtoe, 18 January 2016 - 12:36 PM.

#5 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostSquirtoe, on 18 January 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

yes , u mean the weapon themselds a ER Large laser,, is installed but never changed in range the whole time i skilled up..

No, not just the weapon. Just skilling up won't get you the module either. If you look in the mechlab on the right side of the screen where you purchase weapons, you will see tabs for Weapons, Engines, and Modules. On Clan mechs there is also a tab for Omnipods.

Click on Modules. There are 3 different types of modules: Mech, Weapon, and Consumable. Load the module that matches the weapon you have loaded on the mech.

The cost for the modules is almost as much as, or in some cases, more than the cost of an entire mech. Some are as much as 6 million C-Bills.

#6 Squirtoe

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:43 PM

i see this now.. thank you so much... quick follow up questions seeing i have your attention,, is there anyway to sell unused stuff ??

#7 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

View PostSquirtoe, on 18 January 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

i see this now.. thank you so much... quick follow up questions seeing i have your attention,, is there anyway to sell unused stuff ??

Home screen, Inventory tab under the Select Mech button.

Edited by Sug, 18 January 2016 - 01:01 PM.

#8 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

Items can be sold, but it's almost always a bad idea. The sell value of your items is never more than 1/2 of the buy value, so if you sell an item, then you want it later, you lose a lot of money re-buying it. It's pretty much always better to simply hold on to all your stuff and play more matches to get more CBills.

Edited by ProfessorD, 18 January 2016 - 01:03 PM.

#9 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

View PostProfessorD, on 18 January 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

Items can be sold, but it's almost always a bad idea. The sell value of your items is never more than 1/2 of the buy value, so if you sell an item, then you want it later, you lose a lot of money re-buying it. It's pretty much always better to simply hold on to all your stuff and play more matches to get more CBills.

Not entirely true. When is the last time you put single heat sinks back on a mech. Also, there is no real need for a couple hundred medium lasers floating around your inventory, nor multiple engines that aren't multiples of 25. Which reminds me, I need to go through and check my inventory again.

#10 Squirtoe

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

ok thanks folks !Posted Image

#11 Depletion

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:07 AM

no damn pilot lab even shows up on the game how the hell do you get to have a pilot lab

#12 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:21 AM

View PostDepletion, on 29 April 2016 - 04:07 AM, said:

no damn pilot lab even shows up on the game how the hell do you get to have a pilot lab

on the skills screen select pilot, that brings up what some people call the pilot lab, the place where you can unlock and upgrade modules.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 29 April 2016 - 10:22 AM.

#13 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

I sell single heat sinks, machine guns, and small lasers only. Keeping a few small lasers and machine guns isn't a bad idea. But 120 single heat sinks likely will never be used. Nor will 50 machine guns. Those are also the cheapest things to buy do if you need a couple down the road it's not a big hit.

I rarely use LBX ACS so if I had a stack of them I would sell all but one or two. Same for SRM 2 packs.

I never sell an xl engine either, regardless of its size. They Are just too expensive To repurchase.

Some people say never sell a mech, and for a new player I agree, but eventually you get tired of navigating around ones you hated playing and won't likely play again and will do it, bUT i keep my favorite variant around. Never sell one you didnt elite though. Also Never sell a Hero Mech.

The items I ( probably everyone else too) use the most are double heat sinks, medium lasers, large pulse lasers and IS autocannons. I never get rid of meta weapons like those. In general never sell ammo, or anything you have to boat to be effective.

#14 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:24 AM

View PostRhavin, on 30 April 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

I sell single heat sinks, machine guns, and small lasers only. Keeping a few small lasers and machine guns isn't a bad idea. But 120 single heat sinks likely will never be used. Nor will 50 machine guns. Those are also the cheapest things to buy do if you need a couple down the road it's not a big hit.

if I need the cash I will check through my inventory and sell of the stuff I am unlikely to ever want, that is multiples of any engine below 250, and if I get more than 2-3 of any of the less used engine sizes(260, 265, 270, 285, 290, 305, 310, 315, 320 ect) if I have more than 50 MLs, MPLs, SLs or SPLs more than 20 of any Large class Lasers, more than about 10 of any AC, any LRM20s (I never use them) my current stockpiles of Flamers, single heat sinks, CASE, and anything else which I have in excessive quantities, as well as any Mechs I have marked up as to sell (when you have more than 180 Mechs there is no point keeping the variants of a chassis you do not like, ok at some point in the future they could get super quirks but meta viability has nothing to do with weather of not I like a Mech, e.g. to my mind the 5V is the best Spider and I would much rather have the CT MG from the TBR-Prime to allow me to put 3 MGs on my TBR with the 4 arm lasers, than the worthless single JJ from the S, which many people seem to think is great)

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

One:
Did you install the module? The "Skill" unlocks the ability to get the module. Which you then need to buy from the black market at an extreme price and then install.

Two.
There's always the chance it might not show. I haven't been that analytical to watch for it.
....usually been too broke to get 4 to 6 million cbill modules.

#16 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:30 PM

If I understand correctly, you're wondering (also) why the BASIC and ELITE skills for your mech (and its quirks, and the bonuses with installed modules, etc.) do not reflect in the cooldown and range stats shown for weapons when installed in that mech. Is that right?

I, too, find it a little bit annoying that I can click on an installed weapon in the Mech Lab and see that it has, for instance, a range of 270 and max range of 540, and right below that I see that it gets +10% range, but nowhere will I see that it NOW has a range of 297 and a max range of 594. For RANGE, that's not SO annoying.

Let's say I have a -10% energy heat generation quirk, and an additional -5% PPC heat generation quirk. Those quirks will be stated in green under the weapon when I click on it, but a PPC installed there will still show a HEAT number of 9.5, not 8.something. And my mech's Heat Efficiency number will still reflect a 100% unquirked, unmoduled, unskilled mech and weapon, and not the adjusted number based on skills and modules and quirks. Etc.

I haven't paid attention to whether the numbers there show the extended torso twist radius after TwistX skill is unlocked and/or doubled. Nor whether the acceleration/deceleration is adjusted for Kinetic Burst and Hard Brake, respectively. Twist Speed, etc.

I think it's been stated officially that the Pinpoint ELITE skill doesn't do anything right now, and there HAVE been some decent ideas around the forum on what to do with dynamic convergence and so on (or to outright do away with convergence and let the chips fall where they may). Until then, convergence is virtually instant. You can see this in the little video clips that play while a Quick Play match is loading, after the mode and map voting has concluded. One of the right-hand-side videos (Conquest mode, IIRC) shows the virtually-instantaneous convergence of lasers on a nearby target from a mech with multiple, spread-out laser weapons. It's kinda sad. This is why you aim for legs when trying to line up shots on a moving target with ballistic or PPC weapons--the ground in front of the target is roughly the same distance from you, or at least closer to it, so your weapons should converge appropriately.

ANYHOW...

TL;DR- No, there is no known reason why Mech Lab displayed stats don't reflect modules and skills and quirks in the weapons' and mechs' performance numbers. But they don't, and we don't know that there is any plan at all to fix that.

#17 MGoBirch

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

I don't see a pilot tab in the mech skills screen. Can someone upload a screenshot? And I'm sorry if it's right in front of me, I just don't see it and it's getting frustrating.

#18 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

This was removed when the Skill Tree was implemented last month, doesn't exist any more. You resurrected a year old thread here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users