Patch Notes - 1.4.52 - 19-Jan-2016

107 replies to this topic

#21 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

Er...why don't you have the weapon range colour indicators on those six orange pips around the crosshair based rather than putting it all the way down the bottom right hand corner?

I find it so distracting to shift my eyes away from my target I just memorize the optimal range of my weapon load out and check the range indicator before i fire. The vets wouldn't use it and the noobs will fire anything at everything anyway.

#22 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

one of the last patches should have fixed the Warhorn not triggering. mine is still just 1 out of 3 kills triggering. can soneone look into that?

#23 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:38 PM

I'm glad Alpine isn't being taken out :)! My favorite map. And statistically my best back as well as far as win/loss ratio is concerned. Though I'm happy about the Hunchback IIC hitbox fix...I wish there had been some quirks added to the IIC mechs. Though I can understand if people say they are OP...I don't think they are but yea.

#24 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

Curious, does the laser tapering off thing apply to everyone, or just your own shots? It would be nice to know if that the green beam lighting you up is at the end of range.

Edited by Big Tin Man, 18 January 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#25 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

only care about one thing, REMOVING MODE VOTE! and going back to tick mode on/off, SICK AND TIRED of posers skirm all damned day long, the times come to remove it its was supposedly implemented to fix a NONE ISSUE, being 'community division' which is a lie considering 'tires' GUARANTEE a division of players , i hate trash poser skirm mode, i am NOT one of the lowest common denominators looking for the easy button (nor do i try to look up and make 'meta tard' mechs I make what i LIKE efficient or not), i almost never ever chose skirm in all the years i been here, and never will but for the rare occasion, MODE VOTE NEEDS TO GO! and return to we choose what mode we wish or not, no forcing the worst mode then punishing us for not wanting it, so no matter what they patch, its pointless cause the crap fest of skirm is usually 80% + of what stuck dealing with all damned day long so you can fix what ever, but it means nothing if forced to deal with posers skirm mode more then not. no pat on the back no matter what until its gone, the garbage mentality of 'skirm all day' pretty much overshadows all else. cant even force my self to try and do well in it cause its so 'repulsive' to me all i want is it over so can find a NON skirm tard round.
dont care if ppl 'like' me less over my 'opinion' of it, i didnt play mw in any its forms to make friends and be liked,, dont care, like me or hate me wont affect my droping an ac 20 into someones cocpit, being 'hated'? well then, that means someone is looking to take me out in a round, THATS 'interesting' being on a hit list then wasting them or falling to it. either way, being popular or liked means nothing. i'd rather be honest and hated, least i was truthful.

Edited by YakkSlapper, 18 January 2016 - 05:27 PM.

#26 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

new mech, new map, Posted Image

#27 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

Thank you PGI for doing a new map and fixing Emerald Taiga at last but please don't stop there, MWO needs a lot more new and fun maps!

Edit. Great patch overall!

Edited by Ninjah, 18 January 2016 - 05:50 PM.

#28 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

Once you get to the "Name" webpage, how do you change your name?

#29 TitanPrometey

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:12 PM

Fixed an issue where Clan XL Engines required 3 critical slots in each side torso instead of just 2.

sorrowfully what clan mech more like a IS

Edited by TitanPrometey, 18 January 2016 - 08:13 PM.

#30 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

View PostIndependence MK2, on 18 January 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

Still nothing done for flamers?

Nope. Most we can hope is for is their posts are sent to KAETETÔÃ.

#31 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

View PostBraddack, on 18 January 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

First name Change FREE, following cost MC.

As i guessed PGI showed again that not all has to be an Cashgrab. Posted Image

Thanks alot PGi for showing that youre one of the Few who dont milk every Cow on the Field.

Having more name changes cost Mc will also be a way to keep griefers and trolls from changing their names every match.

Edited by mikerso, 18 January 2016 - 11:54 PM.

#32 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

Would have appreciated some info about quirks on IIc mechs. The highlander IIc badly needs either agility and acceleration quirks or needs to be able to fit a larger engine. As it stands now an Atlas with a 325 engine can out twist, out turn, and out accelerate a highlander IIc with the same 325 engine.

#33 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:02 PM

View Posttupojrandom, on 18 January 2016 - 03:53 PM, said:

well i like to play Dire Wolf with 2xGauss.. and it is strong enough with module. not sure about the Gauss buff.
all other changes look good to go

Even though I do not play gauss, I feel this is much needed. When one of the wepons that most enticed me to play becomes a laughable item, it turns people away.

We were in a cw match against a couple of gauss whales the other day. When we started taking shots, the jokes started flying among our team. We used the long cool down and charge up to get close and rip em apart. Gauss should be feared again.

#34 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:19 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 18 January 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

Once you get to the "Name" webpage, how do you change your name?

The page will be Live Tomorrow.

View PostBig Tin Man, on 18 January 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

Curious, does the laser tapering off thing apply to everyone, or just your own shots? It would be nice to know if that the green beam lighting you up is at the end of range.

It's everyone and you can see the effect on the Warhammer Preview in the stream we did today.
Look for the medium lasers taper and distance at the 15 minutes 30-second mark.
https://youtu.be/hz54QTKQvjM?t=916

View Postmikerso, on 18 January 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

Having more name changes cost Mc will also be a way to keep briefer and trolls from changing their names every match.

Changing your name is something to take seriously.

#35 Varhait

Archivarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:57 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 January 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Only 1 question: why dont you placed WHM at a distance of 170-200m from atlas to get normal screenshot with all (green+orange+black) weapon HUD colors?

Edited by Varhait, 18 January 2016 - 10:58 PM.

#36 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:09 PM

It's everyone and you can see the effect on the Warhammer Preview in the stream we did today.
[color=#BBBBBB]https://youtu.be/hz54QTKQvjM?t=916[/color]

OR, you could just answer the question directly and not say 'go look some place else for the answer"

#37 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:19 PM

Great patch notes overall, but two things come to mind...

First, the name changes... 4500 MC to a pure F2P is worse than overkill. 3000 MC would be more suitable for extra changes, and I personally HATE griefers, trolls, disconnectors, and the awful like with an insane vengeance! Also, a single fresh spare change should be allotted every year, without allowing several to stack up, in order to give those who made honest mistakes a chance to change away before they can fall afoul of any possible madness that shouldn't befall them. Add a '1000 MC'/'10 Million C-Bill'/'10K GXP'/'50K Current Mech XP' loss (whichever PGI would take the discretion of grabbing) as a penalty if PGI has to jump on someone for abusing the ability to change their name, and that should make the name change system virtually perfect! Posted Image

The other thing... I've been noticing during group drops that many of my private chats keep getting closed when I need them still open later. I'm sure many other players have had this issue as well. PGI, please add an immediate fix to give users an option to prevent them from closing until the user wishes to actually get rid of them! Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "I'm sure more will come to mind later, but these are the two biggest wrinkles in my mind right now." Devnull

[Edited by author for a missed thought part.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 18 January 2016 - 11:21 PM.

#38 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:33 PM

And the LBX, Flamer, and Machine gun still remain bad. Goddamit PGI, it's been years!Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 18 January 2016 - 11:37 PM.

#39 jack 0

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:34 PM

View PostYakkSlapper, on 18 January 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

OR, you could just answer the question directly and not say 'go look some place else for the answer"

[color=#BBBBBB]https://youtu.be/hz54QTKQvjM?t=916[/color]

I went ahead and bolded, underlined, and added italics to the part where he did answer the question the question directly. Reading is hard. Posted Image

#40 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:55 PM

@Yakkslepper

He told you the answer. Everyone can see it.

Edited by Rayden Wolf, 18 January 2016 - 11:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users