107 replies to this topic

#41 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:56 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 January 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Changing your name is something to take seriously.

I very much agree.

#42 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:15 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 18 January 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

Does anyone with a good memory for grid coordinates know if the Viridian Bog coordinates match up with the most common spot on the steps that swallows up King Crabs and other big, JJ-less mechs every few games?

Yes Dan I believe it's the spot in D4 they are reffering to, just next to the steps onto the higher ground platform

#43 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:38 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 January 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Changing your name is something to take seriously.

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 January 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

First, the name changes... 4500 MC to a pure F2P is worse than overkill. 3000 MC would be more suitable for extra changes, and I personally HATE griefers, trolls, disconnectors, and the awful like with an insane vengeance! Also, a single fresh spare change should be allotted every year, without allowing several to stack up, in order to give those who made honest mistakes a chance to change away before they can fall afoul of any possible madness that shouldn't befall them. Add a '1000 MC'/'10 Million C-Bill'/'10K GXP'/'50K Current Mech XP' loss (whichever PGI would take the discretion of grabbing) as a penalty if PGI has to jump on someone for abusing the ability to change their name, and that should make the name change system virtually perfect! Posted Image

I agree with Matt that changing or selecting a name is to be taken seriously and by that I believe the name is what you are identified with on the battlefield. It gives you reputation and integrity, and I'm sure that most of the veteran players won't use this option.

I also agree with D V that putting a price of 4500 MC is an overkill, I think any MC price above 2000 is good 'cause it makes you think before you act. So, using in game currency or expirence points in my opinion shouldn't be used.

You get an option to change your name, if you misspeled it FOR FREE!!! How good is that?

It kind of reminds me of cosmetic surgery, there is only so much change you can go through, before ..., well you know Posted Image

Edited by pacifica812, 19 January 2016 - 01:40 AM.

#44 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:20 AM

Wait isn't the Mauler suppose to be out for CBills as it came before the release of the black knight ?

#45 TW 996

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany, Osnabrück

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:34 AM

Oh nooo! Why the patch comes before ending the challange?
So i could not finish the challange in time if i have to load 500mb's first. ... ������

When i come home , i have only 1 houer to get a few points. But i am sure , that it takes more than 2 hours to load the patch

Oh thx pacifica. My foult... i was confused bye the second time. It was not utc.

Edited by TW 996, 19 January 2016 - 03:49 AM.

#46 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:41 AM

View PostTW 996, on 19 January 2016 - 02:34 AM, said:

Oh nooo! Why the patch comes before ending the challange?
So i could not finish the challange in time if i have to load 500mb's first. ... ������

When i come home , i have only 1 houer to get a few points. But i am sure , that it takes more than 2 hours to load the patch

The challenge and the mech sale both end at 19.00 CET. And the patch is available from that same time on. Prior to that time the patch is unavailable.

#47 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:32 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 19 January 2016 - 02:20 AM, said:

Wait isn't the Mauler suppose to be out for CBills as it came before the release of the black knight ?

Mauler comes out first week of February.

Edited by mikerso, 19 January 2016 - 03:33 AM.

#48 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:38 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 January 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:

Featuring mostly even elevation throughout and a high degree of visibility in day or night, Polar Highlands draws its inspiration from some of the open-range map designs seen in previous MechWarrior titles.

a reduction to the Cooldown time for all Gauss rifles

aha... so my brawl and midrange mechs can catch some dust again... sux, i just started to like them

Edited by Alex Warden, 19 January 2016 - 03:41 AM.

#49 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:54 AM

Can we please have:

Agility quirks for the HGN-IIC.
Structure (especially LT) quirks for the ON1-IIC
Some kind of quirks for the Shadow Cat. There are other Omnis that are in a worse place, but this one is low hanging easy to fix fruit - its already fun as hell to drive, just cant handle the heat on the loadouts that make sense. 10%-15% heat gen would fix it enough imo.

#50 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:13 AM

Fix Victor plz "arms to bad" plz . Nice fix good work :P need more go go :DDD

#51 freud2b

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:13 AM

Improve Gauss, it's great and most necessary ... but only -0.5s is not much Posted Image .

AC20 is at 4s and it has no pre-load , as the Gauss.

4 or 4.5s would be better for Gauss, not 5s Posted Image .

Edited by freud2b, 19 January 2016 - 07:51 AM.

#52 Goosfraba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:32 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 January 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:

Pilot Name Change

Players can now change their Pilot Namethrough the website using the new Change Pilot Name page.

Perfect.

Edited by Goosfraba, 19 January 2016 - 07:39 AM.

#53 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:16 AM

4500 MC to change your name? Come on guys. I appreciate the added feature but 4500 is silly. It should be free. I know you need to pay the bills and keep the lights on but do it other ways. Changing your name shouldn't cost a thing.

#54 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

Fantastic job PGI !
You didn't put 45.000 trees into the new map Polar Highland and that's great !

We don't need trees, and if we do we don't need so many...

#55 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 19 January 2016 - 08:16 AM, said:

4500 MC to change your name? Come on guys. I appreciate the added feature but 4500 is silly. It should be free. I know you need to pay the bills and keep the lights on but do it other ways. Changing your name shouldn't cost a thing.

The first name change is free, its only after you have used your free name change will it cost you. The high price is to ensure people dont abuse it by being toxic to people for a few games and then name changing out of being reported.

Also your name is how you build a reputation, earn honor and acknowledgement. If you cant handle having a Handle responsibly, you will only be punished by yourself.

#56 Blobfisch

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:06 AM

When I go to the name change page it looks like the normal profile page... I do not recognice any options to change my name :/
And you can see that I was clearly not myself when I named my pilot Posted Image
Nevermind I got confused about the time... the patch will be released in about 1 hour....

Edited by sheet pile, 19 January 2016 - 09:08 AM.

#57 Cox Devalis

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationTryhard dimension

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 19 January 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

Can we please have:

Agility quirks for the HGN-IIC.
Structure (especially LT) quirks for the ON1-IIC
Some kind of quirks for the Shadow Cat. There are other Omnis that are in a worse place, but this one is low hanging easy to fix fruit - its already fun as hell to drive, just cant handle the heat on the loadouts that make sense. 10%-15% heat gen would fix it enough imo.

And maybe some bonuses for Ice Ferret that is almost useless atm.

View Postsheet pile, on 19 January 2016 - 09:06 AM, said:

When I go to the name change page it looks like the normal profile page... I do not recognice any options to change my name :/
And you can see that I was clearly not myself when I named my pilot Posted Image

Too early for that. The patch didn't go live yet.

#58 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:17 AM

• Emerald Taiga: Trees are now breakable (all 6000 of them).

Again I want a new achievement:

Knock down 100- Get to da Chopper
Knock down 1000- Me and my Ax!
Knock down 10,000 - I am a lumberjack and I'm ok

#59 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostFobhopper, on 19 January 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

The first name change is free, its only after you have used your free name change will it cost you. The high price is to ensure people dont abuse it by being toxic to people for a few games and then name changing out of being reported.

Also your name is how you build a reputation, earn honor and acknowledgement. If you cant handle having a Handle responsibly, you will only be punished by yourself.

Well, see, that's the thing... a name is tied to an account. If you change your name, it is still tied to the same account.

So if you change your name from "Bob Kerensky" to "Tommy Rotten Rocks" or "Urmamaisa****" and act like a troll in the game, you'll get reported on each name but they'll all roll back to the same account. The moderators will know it is the same person.

They can't hide by changing their name if they want to create problems.

#60 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 18 January 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

And the LBX, Flamer, and Machine gun still remain bad. Goddamit PGI, it's been years!Posted Image

Posted Image

That's how I'm starting to feel with every passing patch, good sir; and that's why my wallet is shut until they're fixed. I want to throw money at MWO, but right now I just can't bring myself to do it (which is hard, damn-it, because I want a Rifleman and I am really looking forward to many of the other classics, too).

They've mentioned Targeting Computers and MASC for February (Russ on Twitter, of course), so here's hoping that they're planning on doing a major component balance pass now that they've done -at least the first round of- their mech balancing pass.

EDIT: Oh, and love the comics and parody thread, by the way. Satire is wonderful when used effectively.

Edited by Sereglach, 19 January 2016 - 09:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users