What Patch Are They Removing The Mode Voting?

13 replies to this topic

#1 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

When are they removing the feces mode voting?

#2 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:49 PM

That would be never. This is a feature that has been requested for some time - probably since beta by some people. It's the best solution right now for keeping matches coming and yet allow player choice. If you do not like a certain mode, you can always vote against it and obviously people are voting for the other modes.

I usually see people who want skirmish-only disliking the voting. Personally I prefer other modes because they allow some objective. But if you don't like assault and conquest there is a simple solution for you - kill mechs! Every mode has winners determined by most mechs killed in the time alloted as a way to win. In other words, every mode is skirmish anyway. If you don't want to cap, then don't. Just kill all the mechs you can.

Incidentally if you want something changed, creating a new thread is the best way to make sure that change never happens. There are a ton of threads on this and the only way devs can tell how people want something collectively is to be able to see posts and likes in a thread on a topic. By not posting in a prior thread you are acting counterproductively regarding your goal.

#3 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:17 AM

You dont vote for feces, its a fact of life.. You eat, you poop, no vote about it.

#4 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:54 AM

I now have the power to abuse voting with my x12/x10 multipliers and never have to lose them. Posted Image
So much for this being a good system. Posted Image

Edited by Wildstreak, 19 January 2016 - 06:54 AM.

#5 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:08 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 19 January 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

I now have the power to abuse voting with my x12/x10 multipliers and never have to lose them. Posted Image
So much for this being a good system. Posted Image

The multipliers are there so that people who keep not getting what they want will get what they want eventually. And they go away when you do. I don't consider them a problem because of that. Sure you can pick things that aren't going to win and increase your multiplier, but there's not much of a way around that and honestly I don't even consider that an abuse of the system. The point of the voting system is to increase player choice while keeping wait times down.

#6 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

That would be never. This is a feature that has been requested for some time - probably since beta by some people. It's the best solution right now for keeping matches coming and yet allow player choice. If you do not like a certain mode, you can always vote against it and obviously people are voting for the other modes.

I usually see people who want skirmish-only disliking the voting. Personally I prefer other modes because they allow some objective. But if you don't like assault and conquest there is a simple solution for you - kill mechs! Every mode has winners determined by most mechs killed in the time alloted as a way to win. In other words, every mode is skirmish anyway. If you don't want to cap, then don't. Just kill all the mechs you can.

Incidentally if you want something changed, creating a new thread is the best way to make sure that change never happens. There are a ton of threads on this and the only way devs can tell how people want something collectively is to be able to see posts and likes in a thread on a topic. By not posting in a prior thread you are acting counterproductively regarding your goal.

OP
I think he just told you to shut the heck up in a slick forum way

Pretty impressive

#7 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:09 PM

View PostAnachronda, on 19 January 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

The multipliers are there so that people who keep not getting what they want will get what they want eventually. And they go away when you do. I don't consider them a problem because of that. Sure you can pick things that aren't going to win and increase your multiplier, but there's not much of a way around that and honestly I don't even consider that an abuse of the system. The point of the voting system is to increase player choice while keeping wait times down.

Sorry, you do not seem to understand my new system where I never lose my modifiers and can manipulate the votes.
It's embarrassing and shows the system is broken.

#8 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:24 PM

And once upon a time players had ABSOLUTELY NO CHOICE.

Sorry that choice is not sufficiently choicey... Posted Image

#9 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:38 AM

PGI has rigged the voting system you idiots.... That is why you are not allowed to see what others are voting for, because they are not counted anyways...

#10 Shakespeare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL USA

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:27 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 19 January 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

Sorry, you do not seem to understand my new system where I never lose my modifiers and can manipulate the votes.
It's embarrassing and shows the system is broken.

you can exert increased influence by being selective about when/whether you vote, but you can't unilaterally decide the fate of all games by being clever. Those times when you hold off just means someone else is getting THEIR choice, and whether it lines up with what you, or the majority, want is irrelevant.

You're overthinking it. The system is doing you a favor by allowing some measure of control over your quick drops IF you're willing to forgo influencing the vote some of the time. Keeps you from accidentally dropping in a brawl mech on HUGE maps, or energy mechs on hot maps, over and over till you get fed up and quit. Unless you've got some stats that say otherwise, I'm unconcerned about your apparent mastery of the vote multiplier.

#11 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:33 PM

Threadnecro for the win Posted Image ?

Anyways nobody wanted a VOTINGSYSTEM.
The feature long since requested was a loby and map/gamemode selection System.
Just drop that so called mapvoting System and get something running where ppl can actually choose what they want to do.
--> Scenarios ? Set up a game and play ? Thats what BATTLETEECH is about.

#12 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 16 May 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

Threadnecro for the win Posted Image ?

Anyways nobody wanted a VOTINGSYSTEM.

Just drop that so called mapvoting System and get something running where ppl can actually choose what they want to do.

You mean something...like a mapvoting system?

#13 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:30 AM

Choosing is not votingPosted Image

(seriosly do I need to explain the difference of two word in a language that is not even my own to an other adult)

Voting: A vote is the result of a group of people voicing their oppinions.
The vote represents the majority in a group of opinions.
So votin is just voicing opinions.

Choice: A choice is the item that you pick from a number of possible items. You can actually choose what you like.
You pick it you get it.

So to clarify it:
You open a lobby, you select a map, environmental conditions, game mode and number of players.
You either make a closed lobby or an open game and than wait for players.
Closed, invitational games get no rewards. Open random games do.
If players want to play with you on your play ground depends on your choices.

Edited by The Basilisk, 17 May 2016 - 06:37 AM.

#14 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:49 PM

Locking this one down as it ran its thread back in January

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users