#41 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:16 PM

Yeah leg weapons are weird, I prefer the concept of mounting them on the torso so they might actually hit something while you're walking. The animations would be stupid and needlessly complex if they were actually leg-mounted.

#42 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

So the camo sale says for all mechs, does that mean one purchase unlocks it for all owned mechs, or do they just mean the pattern is on sale for all mechs?

#43 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 January 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

I ment for the Stalker.
The CTF-3L is not currently on the radar. However I did get them to remove it from the database so i can't "put it on sale" again.

​*emits a long sad mournful sigh as he sinks to the ground like a puppet with its strings cut*

#44 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 20 January 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

So the camo sale says for all mechs, does that mean one purchase unlocks it for all owned mechs, or do they just mean the pattern is on sale for all mechs?

Unlocks are always on a per-chassis basis. So if you unlock Snowfall on a Raven 3L, you will be able to freely switch between the default pattern, Snowfall, and any other unlocked pattern on all your Ravens (except the Hero; most Hero mechs currently don't support the normal patterns but this may be added in the future).

One-shot camo was a confusing concept for me when I first started playing, but one-shot is quite literally a one-shot deal. You apply that pattern on to a specific mech only (so that Raven 3L, but not any other Ravens you own). If you switch to any other pattern, including the default, you have to pay the one-shot price again to switch back.

If you have all the variants of a chassis and intend to switch your camo pattern regularly, unlocks are for you. If you are happy to pick one pattern and never change it again, stick to one-shots.

So you'd have to unlock Snowfall separately on each chassis you want to use it for, which can add up fast. The statement just means that each individual unlock is on sale. Sometimes the sales are restricted to certain mechs only, so it needs to be said.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 20 January 2016 - 04:36 PM.

#45 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostCycKath, on 20 January 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

​*emits a long sad mournful sigh as he sinks to the ground like a puppet with its strings cut*

I'm with you sad day.

#46 Ironclaw Buzzardier

• Pip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:31 PM

How is ice ferret not the clan medium on sale for this?

#47 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:04 AM

View PostOdanan, on 20 January 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

Again, leg weapons (in TT) are moved to their respective side torsos (in MWO).

(see Cicada 3C)

Ah I see. Guess I didn't realize they may have been in the legs, nor that was how leg mounted weapons were handled in MWO. Makes sense anyway, as would seem weird to try and target from the legs unless it was on auto or something.

#48 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:19 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 January 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

yup I did. Kicking myself over here

Stay tuned for next week

Here let me put it back on the calendar. Meeting Note: Feb. 2016 Planning agenda for March 2016 Patch. - Copy CTF 1X files, put Masc on it, rename CTF -3L and sell it! We're talking 1.5 hrs labor. (Can come back and fix visual weapon lay outs if necessary at a later date) Note 2: Release for Cbills like we used to before moving to Cash>MC>Cbill model as a thank you to your loyal Cataphract supporters!

Mission accomplished.

Posted Image

(p.s. or build and release as supporters heavy in customer appreciation round 3 this year.)

Edited by Quintus Verus, 21 January 2016 - 12:23 PM.

#49 Mercarryn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

Right now I am looking to get a third Atlas. Got the Loyalty-7S and DDC. Any recommendations for the other c-bill-variants?
Some said the 7RS might be useful, but I am not really sure.

#50 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:08 PM

View PostQuintus Verus, on 21 January 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

Here let me put it back on the calendar. Meeting Note: Feb. 2016 Planning agenda for March 2016 Patch. - Copy CTF 1X files, put Masc on it, rename CTF -3L and sell it! We're talking 1.5 hrs labor. (Can come back and fix visual weapon lay outs if necessary at a later date) Note 2: Release for Cbills like we used to before moving to Cash>MC>Cbill model as a thank you to your loyal Cataphract supporters!

Mission accomplished.

This. Its what I assumed would happen and am constantly disappointed it isn't happening with PGI's introduction of dynamic hardpoint visuals. Make more money out of the models already in game AND it helps pad out Mech Pack releases to help ensure there is a new shiny always around the corner.

The CTF-3L, Wolverine 7M (MASC with arm energy/no ballistics) and Blackjack BJ-2 (energy arms, missile torsos) all offer a significant point of difference from other variants in game and I would happily pay cash money for them all.

I'm seriously running out of Inner Sphere 'Mechs to buy, just three variants left, so definitely interested in more.

#51 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

Never really messed around with the awesome.. any good? I just want it because it looks awesome.. haha. Or are all the horror stories true.

#52 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:39 AM

Time to look at the novas i guess, now that i have a working psu.

#53 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:31 AM

View PostMercarryn, on 21 January 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

Right now I am looking to get a third Atlas. Got the Loyalty-7S and DDC. Any recommendations for the other c-bill-variants?
Some said the 7RS might be useful, but I am not really sure.

Geht the D.
The only really good Atlas are DDC and S.
All others a very mediocre in my opinion.
D is the third best but nothin new and outstanding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users