#1 Ebins

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:42 AM

Hello readers. Please allow me to introduce myself. I am a battletech veteran, having played since the days of MW2 in 1996. I have been fascinated with the lore and have held a special place in my heart for the Clans. During MW2, I was a member of Clan Jade Falcon, and worked my way up from rookie to Galaxy Commander. I learned how to lag shoot, studied each mech chassis, spent hours in the mechlab tweaking to find just the right configuration, and countless hours on the training field. I was one of the top pilots in the Clan. Afterwards, I went on to create my own unit in a different league, where we terrorized the rest of the competition.

This may seem like boasting, but it is not. I am simply trying to get across my determination when it comes to the MechWarrior universe. I recently started playing MWO as I finally upgraded to a machine that can handle it. Now I am seeking a clan that not only holds to the Lore of the Battletech universe, but also has a close knit brotherhood. I am seeking a Clan that actively trains together, so that when it comes to the battlefield, we work well together as a unit. I am used to at least three training sessions per week.

I do have to make you aware that in about a month and a half, I will be having back/neck surgery, so I will be inactive for a bit during recovery, but other than that, I will be quite active.

I live in the Pacific NW of the United States, and reside in the MST zone. If I would be a fit for your Clan, please contact me.

I know that since I am a new player, I am asking a lot. However, I am not interested in any Clan that does not fit what I am looking for.

Thank you.

Ebins

Edited by Ebins, 21 January 2016 - 10:11 AM.

#2 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:49 PM

SWOL has training days and actively groups up for qucik and CW matches.
http://starwolves.enjin.com/

#3 LeeNTien

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 126 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

Well, from the purely lore point of view - MWO isn't following the Lore at all. Even ignoring balancing the mechs etc, or Stainer and Davion being not a single faction - every Clan here hires merchs to fight their wars for them, and the so called loyalist units are just mercs who don't switch sides and recieve a bonuce to their "standing within the Clan/faction" rather than a monetary boost - basically work towards being accepted into whatever society they're fighting for.
But if one forgets all that and decides, that there could be a certain roleplaying done regardless of any differences between the lore and the game mechanics - then sure, there are quite a few Clan Loyalist units, who train together and generally are more or less what you're looking for. The trick would be in finding a good one, though. In which I'm of no help, as I myself part of a merc-unit, so, even if we roleplay a certain "clan-style organisation" and such - we do change sides. So do most big or well organized units, that I know of.
Clan Wolf International (CWI), Clan Ghost Bear International (CGBI) or afore mentioned SWOL are about only Clan loyalist units of note, that I know of. I think DSx are Jade Falcon one, but not sure.
I'd go to the faction-wide TS and drop with people there, and see, if anyone looks good enough.

Edited by LeeNTien, 22 January 2016 - 01:43 PM.

#4 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:02 PM

Yes, just remember there are clans/factions and then there are units. Faction populations may fluctuate. What you most likely want to do is shop for a unit that is recruiting and has like-minded players in your playtime. Some are relaxed, some are mil-sims. Look around and see if you can find guys you like...

#5 Ebins

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for all your responses folks. I'll go ahead and give SWOL an application. I see a lot of their players in drops. And if not, I'll try the other suggestions. Thanks!

PS - there wouldn't happen to be any leagues, are there? I remember the days on MW2 on Kali, there were leagues like GC, TKZ, etc.

#6 LeeNTien

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 126 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:36 AM

There are leagues, yes. And quite alot of units either focus on them, or have competetive teams within the units, who train for those and then compete.
SWOL, I believe, have one as well, but you'd have to ask them about that.
Although, mind you, they do swap sides, now that I come to think of that. Seen them as Steiner just recently.

Edited by LeeNTien, 23 January 2016 - 08:03 AM.

#7 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:26 AM

I think you will find your home in CGBI Ebins. We sound exactly like what you are looking for. We have ourselves knee deep in to the lore with a sibko for new recruits, Trial of Entry(Position). We just have 1 warrior vs sibkin, as advancing rank is not done by trial by combat, but by merit, attitude and amount of time/effort you put in to the CGBI Community. We have a deep sense of family and community. To us (CGBI) real life comes first, and we understand that but we also have a strong knit community that has it more of a proper lore feel, where everyone is like extended family, I know I consider a number of trothkin in CGBI to be like a brother or sister.
We may have a Khan (myself) but Clan is lead by the Ourse Keshik and Clan Council which may take a but more time, but it has the whole Clan's interests at heart then. We are active in CW to an extent, still mainly waiting until CW has more flavour and meat with potatos past tag the planet, but you can usually find some who are more than willing to drop CW if interested. We also LOVE to Zell, nothing like a good duel.
If you want some training, you will find that CGBI's 123rd Hind Paw Sibko Instructors will get you back in the hot seat with no problems, and it is a lot of fun too! Your back surgery is no problem, Leaves happen and we will just send good vibes yourway, quiaff?

There are a few leagues but CGBI is no longer part of any of them.

Feel free to check us
Posted Image

Edited by CoffiNail, 24 January 2016 - 05:29 AM.

#8 Iron Kilo

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:35 AM

I Joined Clan Wolf International because they are primarily focused on the Lore. Please stop by our site.

http://www.clan-wolf.info/

Also, you can come on to our TS and drop with us.

Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users