121 replies to this topic

#121 Artix Krieger

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

Greetings and Salutations,

Congratulations to all of the well fought winners of the Warhammer competition. It was a fierce and highly competitive weekend of WHM-madness.

The Warhammer was my first on tabletop and will always be my favorite Mech. It brought endless joy to my heart that they were able to add it to this game. It was a great honor to pilot one.

To all of you amazing Warhammer pilots out there...

Battle on!
Artix Krieger

#122 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:05 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 26 January 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

Yes it is somewhat concerning, but some people also put a lot of time into the game - I had several drops with and against said player and from what I could see he was actually playing very well, racking up consistent scores.

Now, I finished up at 32nd and missed out cause even though I was getting consistent 600-700dmg matches with 3/4 kills per match my build was not getting the solo kills it needed to get up the ranks...

Not true.

500dmg = ~33pts

Each solo kill is 30pts
Each KMD is 20pts
K/A = 10 points each
Win 10pts
survive 10pts

So you get 5 solo kills (killing blow and kmd) and finish up with 500 damage, while hitting all other mechs..

SK = 150
KMD = 100
K/A = 120 (10x12 mechs)
Win = 10
Survive = 10
Damage = 33.

Score = 423

Damage only contributes to 7.8% of that final score.

Now do that 10 times with 4 different Mechs.

I do think it's doable, i congratulate the winner to his mad skills with the WHM, and to the amount of free time he obviously has to reach such a goal.
I am still leveling my WHMs so i had only about 10 games in each of them (for all the basic skills), 27 matches in the 6D brought me to rank #201 (rank 1000+ with the other variants). The little time i was able to play was still fun and i am happy about all the other prizes i got.

Thank you PGI and all you other Mechwarriors i had the pleasure of fighting with or against.

Greetings

el piro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users