So This Game Allows You To Cheat?

27 replies to this topic

#21 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:10 PM

Why necro this?

Why???

#22 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:22 AM

They basically still belong to cheating, because you are automating, aka "botting" a feature of a game.

Yet they are not under penalty and bannable, which makes them "legit tools". Mostlikely because it's impossible to forbid them when most gamerdevices now come with built in macro software.

But playing the game means playing the game not letting a tool play it for you. So its leglaised cheap cheating.

View PostNightmare1, on 19 February 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

Why necro this?

Why???

which timespan nowdays makes a "necro" ? it was not even one month old.

Edited by Lily from animove, 22 February 2016 - 07:24 AM.

#23 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:41 AM

I know some folks with disabilities that NEED macros to play effectively. With that in mind I always considered macros and PGI's acceptance of them as perfectly reasonable. However, after recently spectating on some folks using macros to control their 6 AC/2 and AC/5 builds as well as 4UAC/5 builds has made me consider that not all macro use is equal. Sometime it does provide a clear advantage. No idea what the solution is, but to pretend that ALL macros are either a helpful tool or an outright cheat, with no middle ground seems a bit disingenuous.

#24 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

I wish to see a rage thread with well made arguments once in a while. Somehow I have no luck.

#25 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 22 February 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

I wish to see a rage thread with well made arguments once in a while. Somehow I have no luck.

this wouldn't be a rage thread then anymore. Both conditions exclude themselves.

#26 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:27 AM

the big question is why don't the developers take the artificial gimping of the in-game chainfire off

if shooting faster than that is legal then allow anyone to do it, no softwares needed

Edited by Mazzyplz, 22 February 2016 - 11:27 AM.

#27 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:00 PM

Chainfire is the basis for their entire heat system, ghost heat implies you are firing faster than chain settings. Chainfire is the only thing PGI has to pretend there's a control on heat generation. They punish you for not using it.

Sure, chainfire could scale to the most efficient interval per weapon used, but then there couldn't be a default value for where heat penalties start.

You can shoot any any speed you're capable of - whether that's clicks or macros. You're just significantly punished under the heat system for shooting anything faster than one every half second.

#28 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:12 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 22 February 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

this wouldn't be a rage thread then anymore. Both conditions exclude themselves.

You can rage about something with all the drama involved but still have a point. It's just a matter of how you express a problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users