Imgur Images Not Showing?

24 replies to this topic

#21 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:25 AM

Looks like it might be working now.

Kinda unsure how it broke the ToS or what exactly it means. The site provide various link formats for people copy and paste and I assume that is what most people use to post images?

#22 John Archer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 402 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

Here is my reply from Imgur supprt:

"

Isaac K (Imgur)
Jan 26, 11:51 [color=#2B2E2F]
Hi there Subchaos,

Thank you for writing in. I apologize for this inconvenience. Unfortunately that site has been blocked from hotlinking due to multiple instances of abuse of Imgur's terms of service. The terms of service can be found at http://imgur.com/tos. We don't allow hotlinked images being used as content for other websites.

Looking into the website. The content has been used in forums, and not in any other fashion. I have removed the block. Please be sure that any blog posts shows content from imgur using our embed code.

I do apologize for this inconvenience. Please allow up to 24 hours for this to roll over.

Best,

Isaac K."
[/color]

#23 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

I thought it was just me and my sig, thanks for figuring this out and contacting imgur guys.

#24 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:53 AM

View PostFunky Bacon, on 26 January 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

Looks like it might be working now.

Kinda unsure how it broke the ToS or what exactly it means. The site provide various link formats for people copy and paste and I assume that is what most people use to post images?

It's this section of the ToS:

Imgur ToS said:

Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network.

I would call it a stretch to consider images "content" on this forum. Imgur wants us to use their embed code, but that stuff isn't supported on this forum:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="DhkppNh"><a href="//imgur.com/DhkppNh">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#25 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:29 AM

Imgur only wants you to use their embed code if you're providing website content - forum content is OK. Isaac wouldn't have removed the block after "Looking into the website." if that wasn't the case. He simply states that there was a mistake - most likely an over-zealous curator mistook forum content posted by users for website content posted by PGI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users