• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:04 AM

View PostMoldur, on 22 January 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

touché.

Well, while we're on the topic of funny insults.. Long ago, I was in a match that was an absolute no contest, landslide. Other team just gets demolished.

The last mechs were getting sweeped up and a guy types in chat:

"I'm not a garbage man."

"I can't carry trash."

Presumably followed by dropping the mic and walking off stage.

Best game insult I've heard?
"Your gameplay reminds me of a famous person. Helen Keller"

#22 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:06 AM

my response would have been: "tehe"

but seriously sportsmanship is lostech.

#23 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:46 AM

My favourite so far was an eastern european guy who started every match shouting in chat about all LRM players being 'chicken f***ers' and adding various homophobic insults to the mix. Then he seemed genuinely surprised that every lurm on the map landed on his head as soon as he stepped into the open for the whole match.

#24 1Grimbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:48 AM

slurm that lurm. my favorite insult is from tropic thunder when Sgt lincoln osiris screams "cover me you limp dicked fuckups"

#25 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:49 AM

Sometimes you just can't help being caught out in the open.For example when your an assault on Caustic your fooked from the start due to the spawn location.I've been killed in 20 seconds (oh the shame) on that map due to lurms and slow arsed mech.
It's not always the players fault,lurms are for scrubs anyhoo Posted Image.

#26 SOL Ranger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationEndor, exterminating little evil bear people for the Empire.

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:27 AM

Instead of a taunting "LOL" in all chat, why not remain quiet, or better yet tell him it's a bad idea to do as he did and give him proper advice instead of ridicule.

You don't have to be demeaning, it's a choice a person makes, it's also a choice not to come here for pats on the back for something quite unnecessary as taunting someone for shits and giggles, the guy was obviously frustrated after being lurmed to death and you found it a good idea to kick him in the balls for his obvious lack of experience, with hostile ideals like that it's no wonder there is a problem with player retention.

The real questions here are why did you feel the need to taunt him, and why did you feel the need to come here to tell us all about it thinking it was a great achievement?

/golfclap

0/10 Would not read again.

Edited by SOL Ranger, 23 January 2016 - 02:27 AM.

#27 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:36 AM

You don't "lol" at the enemy team unless you know them but that's just me.

On the other hand, I would have missed this gem as I don't have all chat enabled. :)

You'll never look at a plunger quite the same :P

#28 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:04 AM

I was in that match and had no idea what was going on.

I usually run LRMs and would have enjoyed the free kill.

#29 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:29 AM

so, im in a round earlier with my hellbringer fitted with 2xCLRM10 and 6xCSMPL

*cough*

so I "LOL" in open chat.

Douchebag confirmed

#30 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:35 AM

View PostMoldur, on 22 January 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Didn't know the forum was your personal diary.

Definitely a worthwhile contribution to this thread. Kudos, sir.

Your rock is calling.

#31 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:36 AM

View PostMoldur, on 22 January 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Didn't know the forum was your personal diary.

they need to start handing out more cake around here

#32 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:46 AM

View PostSOL Ranger, on 23 January 2016 - 02:27 AM, said:

Instead of a taunting "LOL" in all chat, why not remain quiet, or better yet tell him it's a bad idea to do as he did and give him proper advice instead of ridicule.

You don't have to be demeaning, it's a choice a person makes, it's also a choice not to come here for pats on the back for something quite unnecessary as taunting someone for shits and giggles, the guy was obviously frustrated after being lurmed to death and you found it a good idea to kick him in the balls for his obvious lack of experience, with hostile ideals like that it's no wonder there is a problem with player retention.

The real questions here are why did you feel the need to taunt him, and why did you feel the need to come here to tell us all about it thinking it was a great achievement?

/golfclap

0/10 Would not read again.

This.
The real point here is just why did you feel the need to "lol" in all chat so he'd see it? that was probably what sparked him off in the first place.
Why do human beings feel the need to gloat/troll/bait others when they beat them?

#33 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:53 AM

View PostSOL Ranger, on 23 January 2016 - 02:27 AM, said:

I am not the OP, but I think I can answer that question... because giving advice to people that do dumb suboptimal things like this tends to be even more of an insult in their minds. They will not follow advice, good natured or not. They blame everything and everyone but themselves. At least, that is the experience I have got after dozens upon dozens of times trying to give helpfull advice, in a non-commanding tone. Best reply so far? "FU u cant tell me wat to do". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Marcel Bekker, 23 January 2016 - 04:53 AM.

#34 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:03 AM

View PostJon Gotham, on 23 January 2016 - 04:46 AM, said:

This.
The real point here is just why did you feel the need to "lol" in all chat so he'd see it? that was probably what sparked him off in the first place.
Why do human beings feel the need to bait others?

The same reason some post threads about baiting then baiting themselves. It's a paradox as old as times. Chicken or Egg and such.

View PostMarcel Bekker, on 23 January 2016 - 04:53 AM, said:

I am not the OP, but I think I can answer that question... because giving advice to people that do dumb suboptimal things like this tends to be even more of an insult in their minds. They will not follow advice, good natured or not.

then you just mute and block those players, give advice to those that accept it and ignore those that act indignant when you try to offer some advice.

#35 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:17 AM

In general...outside of balanced/not-balanced etc. I regard lock mechanics like LRMs and SSRMs possess in its current form in a shooter a weird mechanic.

View PostBonger Bob, on 22 January 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

so, im in a round earlier with my hellbringer fitted with 2xCLRM10 and 6xCSMPL, canyon map.

As we all move off, im running the side flank with the lights on the ridge, hoping from cover to cover, I see someone in a heavy attempting the mad straight line dash for the center hill, so i hold lock on him and watch my team rain down the lurms, as im adding my own 20 shot volleys to the fun. He continues to power to the hill, running across the most open central section of the map in a vain attempt to reach the hill instead of taking cover. You know what comes next......due to the multiple people raining lurms on his mad dash in the open......POP, BANG and i get the lucky hit that awards me the kill....... so I "LOL" in open chat.

well omfg, "that took skill" and "go sit on a plunger" was the response from the dead scrub, who then promptly rage disconnected after having been the first to die without doing a single point of damage, in the first 60 sec's of the round.

lesson here people, if you don't like lurms, don't stand in the open solo without an ECM and hope they are not going to hit you. Don't keep powering on to your favored camping stop, especially on a map that is cover heavy to avoid the lurm rain.

Yes it took zero skill apart from positioning myself as such that i could hold a lock on a player for 20 sec's straight who was totally exposed. It took zero skill for me to gain a further 3 kills in that round because the enemy was one player down in the first 60 sec's.

but it was funny as all **** to watch a player attempt to dash across an open location to reach a hill while totally ignoring the rain for sustained time, to die miserably and pointlessly gimping his team early on. That was why i lol'd.

You are in a way worse than him due to the "lol"-taunting. You did it without being already annoyed and probably angry, while he for sure was (and hey, we all rage one time or the other). Stay classy.

View PostMarcel Bekker, on 23 January 2016 - 04:53 AM, said:

I am not the OP, but I think I can answer that question... because giving advice to people that do dumb suboptimal things like this tends to be even more of an insult in their minds. They will not follow advice, good natured or not. They blame everything and everyone but themselves. At least, that is the experience I have got after dozens upon dozens of times trying to give helpfull advice, in a non-commanding tone. Best reply so far? "FU u cant tell me wat to do". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It makes no sense to set him off when he is in the enemy team anyway and for sure you do not give the enemy avice and you can't be sure that anyone gave him some ;)

Edited by Bush Hopper, 23 January 2016 - 05:25 AM.

#36 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:18 AM

View PostSandpit, on 23 January 2016 - 05:03 AM, said:

then you just mute and block those players, give advice to those that accept it and ignore those that act indignant when you try to offer some advice.

Right, but after about 5 years and multiple MMOs, where I try to give good advice(not that all of it is really good, but I try not to give advice when I am not sure that it works), I got jaded, thanks to the accepting and learning players being outnumbered by the indignant and insulting ones by about 10 to 1.

Oh god, I get flashbacks of War Thunder RB and lawnmowing P-47 Thunderbolts, turnfighting Mustangs and Jets flying around at 450 kph... HALP!

Edited by Marcel Bekker, 23 January 2016 - 05:19 AM.

#37 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:57 AM

When people struggle advice is fine, when they are stupid they should be mocked. Besides, lol is hardly an insult

#38 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:02 AM

View PostInveramsay, on 23 January 2016 - 05:57 AM, said:

When people struggle advice is fine, when they are stupid they should be mocked. Besides, lol is hardly an insult

You have somewhat missed the point.

#39 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

My personal favorite was the gem of a player who decides to say they're a girl during the predrop chat.

And then gets shot at going across Forest Colony, starts spraying fire randomly across the map for about five minutes straight (dozens of unlocked LRMs decorating the landscape, an AC (same, only AC shells), and medium lasers at 700+m)...and then accidentally runs into a Gauss Jager's sights as it's firing and gets TK'd.

Two damage for the match. TWO. Much salt is strewn across the water. At the guys "cheating" with Gauss rifles (which was friendy fire in the back) coring her through her intact armor. Her laser doing no damage despite hitting. And so on. We could have used this pile of salt to deice the local interstate. For the entire 10 minutes remaining.

End screen (team-with-girl lost by a narrow margin, was a GG other than Imagirl): "You must get told "miss" a lot., (Imagirlname)."
Imagirl: "I'm a girl!"
Random player:" No, because you can't shoot for ****."

#40 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:48 AM

you know whats funny? If you google search "go sit on a plunger" this forum topic is one of the top results
lemme see if i can link it here: https://www.google.c...it+on+a+plunger

btw that made me laugh hard. LRMS make me punch my keyboard to bits, but Ive never typed on chat to a lrm boat telling him to "sit on a plunger" :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users