28 replies to this topic

#21 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:41 PM

Just feel lucky you saw some, they are a rare breed recently.

#22 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:12 AM

View PostGreenduck, on 25 January 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

Wow, Liao pilots are even worse than us. Posted Image

U guys should feel bad

You should feel bad for screwing your pilots out of action for however long your contract is.

#23 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:37 AM

View PostChagatay, on 26 January 2016 - 12:12 AM, said:

You should feel bad for screwing your pilots out of action for however long your contract is.

That is hilariously honest. The attitude of 'WTF are you doing attacking Liao? We rarely even show up, don't you want your unit to get drops?'

#24 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:29 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 January 2016 - 01:37 AM, said:

That is hilariously honest. The attitude of 'WTF are you doing attacking Liao? We rarely even show up, don't you want your unit to get drops?'

It is hilariously honest. Why would you ever do that to your own troops? Marik and Davion already vastly outnumber us to the point they are getting tons of ghost drops. I have no idea why a mercenary outfit would go to Marik...and not just SWOL but others as well curiously like 69MG....like weren't you guys just in Liao I mean seriously you should know the situation here.

I guess I need to deign to see the greater meaning but I just can't.

Edited by Chagatay, 26 January 2016 - 06:30 AM.

#25 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

Im honestly suprised we havent had more mercs swarm to Liao, this little war is the most profitable area of CW, if you dont count farming Clan PUGs, any Merc unit joining Liao would have all the matches they could ever hope for.

Maybe if planets meant jack all Id bother to post something in the Mercs section...

#26 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:40 AM

I have posted a notice in the Mercenary section already:

http://mwomercs.com/...house-contract/

I'm not certain what would motivate mercenary companies to take contracts offering only low paying missions to attack under-defended worlds. Right now, the Federated Suns and Free Worlds League have so many units attacking, that there aren't enough defenders to ensure a match. Mercenaries that take contracts from either are setting themselves up to get mostly fights against turrets.

As a mercenary who is looking for a fight, you couldn't pay me a large enough bonus to constantly wait to drop on empty planets.

By contrast, mercenaries that join House Liao can always find a high paying fight against the Free Worlds League or Federated Suns.

Edited by GI Journalist, 26 January 2016 - 08:47 AM.

#27 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostChagatay, on 26 January 2016 - 06:29 AM, said:

It is hilariously honest. Why would you ever do that to your own troops? Marik and Davion already vastly outnumber us to the point they are getting tons of ghost drops. I have no idea why a mercenary outfit would go to Marik...and not just SWOL but others as well curiously like 69MG....like weren't you guys just in Liao I mean seriously you should know the situation here.

I guess I need to deign to see the greater meaning but I just can't.

I really can't fault you. Liao is in a tough spot and having a bunch of mercs pile in to ghost you....

Having a similar issue up north. I went CJF because they had a good mix of teams on all sides and a lot of action.

Then, amazingly and by total absolute coincidence every single unit in the region went FRR all at once. By total coincidence.

The result is that you have literally 90+ organized unit players dropping against 90 singles. As in every single player is a solo, so they are getting totally farmed.

There's still some big issues in CW. My preference would be to pay people based on who they fight against so ghosting out Liao or hammering Liao pugs pays way less than fighting other units.

As that's not in the cards we are instead going to get split queues. While originally I really hated the split queue idea recent events have changed my mind. So units going to Marik to attack Liao won't get pugs to farm - they'll get TCAF and 4TCR when they're on and dropping and ghosts the rest of the time. Conversely you will get pug on pug action on both Marik and Davion borders.

If units want actual drops they need to have borders with units in them, active.

#28 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:12 PM

I really am sorry for the people in companies like SWOL. I am sure they have lots of people that want matches and they won't get anything but turrets (especially since I think most are NA....could be wrong). I personally don't care as have all sorts of people to fight though sometimes the NA timezone is dead but I can always get in a few quick matches in the am or the weekend with the mentioned loyalist units. Dots on the map at least to me are meaningless I just want battles.

The other thing is I don't want to imply that this happens always because I am sure a big reason why KCOM went to FRR was to fight MS. Which to me is perfectly logical but some of these other units... Man, l I just don't know....

#29 Volts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

Pls. Crock. Choose Liao next week.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users