Has Anyone Ever Won While Playing For The Clans?

43 replies to this topic

#41 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

If you run out of teammates you need to stop bringing sniper/lrm builds and play the line with your team.

When someone hangs back they force their team to play 11 v 12, with someone doing scattered damage while sharing no armor.

If you play from the middle of the pack or the front, great. Good job. If not you are contributing to your teams failure.

#42 Sean Kerenskov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 334 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:29 PM

Additionally, if your team isn't reforming for consolidated attacks between deck drops you're being set up for slaughter.

Almost every CW match I've ever lost every member of the drop just rushed into the firefight as soon as they could get down from the drop ship in a new mech.

Conversely, almost every winning CW match I've been in we re-formed and went in as a group if our first (second, third) waves were unsuccessful. Those matches were always closer in every respect.

#43 Leartes

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

View PostFiona Marshe STOCK, on 28 January 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

I can consistently rack up 500-600 damage on the first mech. It goes rapidly downhill from there as I get 4:1 or greater odds when re-engaging as the rest of the PUG team disintegrates (often at least 1 perma-dead by the time I run out of missiles or get killed).

If you are defending, you should watch your allies damage with 'q'. If they are badly damaged, suggest they push out or eject. If they don't listen, stay far back, let them die and wait for respawns.

For me mech selection after I die plays a great role in my CW defense success. Whenever you die you have to guess how the battle will look like when you respawn. If there are lots of damaged mech in your base at that point, then you want a sweeper. Something that goes 80-100 kph and carries a big enough alpha to one-shot everything that is cored (for me that is the loyalty centurion with ac20 and srms).
If you respawn with your sweeper and have to wait for the next wave, then you will likely get less out of that mech. Instead you probably want something with a bit more range, most likely lasers, to hang back and wait for the next push.

EDIT: Also watch the state of your teams drops whenever you die. If you have more mechs remaining than your team, go in more aggressively and remove pressure from your teammates. Otherwise you will have perma-dead soon. If you are dieing more than them, hang back and try to survive one wave.

Edited by Leartes, 29 January 2016 - 12:00 AM.

#44 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:22 AM

A couple of things:

First, right now the CW queues are flooded with new players from the steam launch - these guys have zero experience in CW and MWO in general, and are poorly prepared for the CW environment. This is a temporary state of affairs, and it is going to take some time for them to adapt, but adapt they will. There are plenty of experienced solo players in CW who manage to do quite well, simply because they have been playing for a year, and they are familiar with the flow of the matches and their own equipment.

Second, you need to start hanging out with the teams, get to know them, and learn the CW game they are playing. It is not the same game, and the benefits of dropping with a team are enormous. While the tactics and strategies of the various drop commanders are as varied as the commanders themselves, the majority of the tactics employed can be quite effective when the troops work together. That's the most important factor in CW - it's not the builds, the tech base, or even the skills of the individual players - communicating and moving together makes your whole team much stronger regardless.

CW is a team game - whereby the needs of the team outweigh the needs of the individual. The FRR has taken this lesson to heart and look at them now:) They certainly didn't look like that six months ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users