36 replies to this topic

#21 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:58 AM

Sheesh, at all IS pilots worrying about nerfs and changes and/or clanners crying or >enter your own illogical reasoning here>... ffs. Its only a change from 265 to 260 Tons.... that is 5 Tons its not that big of a deal or in any way a massive difference.

The tech is on a damn good way to being balanced, why should the IS need more tonnage than the Clanners if the tech has been balanced?

#22 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:35 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 27 January 2016 - 04:58 AM, said:

Sheesh, at all IS pilots worrying about nerfs and changes and/or clanners crying or >enter your own illogical reasoning here>... ffs. Its only a change from 265 to 260 Tons.... that is 5 Tons its not that big of a deal or in any way a massive difference.

The tech is on a damn good way to being balanced, why should the IS need more tonnage than the Clanners if the tech has been balanced?

On the tonnage change, many will adjust to it as they have done before. As for balance itself, the current standings had several items adjusted.

Skill Tree chopping - affected both techs
GR increased cooldown timer - affected Clan more so than IS
C-ERML max range reduced (other shorter range weapons also affected
Reduction of synergy with C-ERML + GR
Loss of movement when one C-ST w/C-XL destroyed.
Some unnecessary structural quirks on a few IS mechs, primed for CW.

What has affected both side though, more so Clans than IS has been the influx of new players, many going Clan and using trial mechs in CW. The previously listed items would have affected the trial T-wolf and Stormcrow the most. Add the switch of a number of large merc units from Clans to IS.

People have been and will continue to adjust to the current changes and future changes.

#23 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

@ Carl: Well, most will ... apart from a few IS pilots on the first page who my comments were actually aimed at (Bad luck for me that the page break came on my post).

Players saying such nonsense like "If you cry loud enough PGI will hear you.. if you're a clanner that is" or "Hmm i dont understand that : 2 times Tukayyid Winner Clan = nerf IS".. all that raging whining because of measly 5 Tons.

Yes. I agree that clans have been hit repeatedly by nerfs (most of them were actually needed) and IS mechs have been blessed by many buffs (Again, mostly needed). Now all that is left is to slightly buff a few clan weapons/mechs and nerf a few IS mechs to get the balance even better. But Id say the techs are both approx. 90-95% balanced... only minor tweaks are needed and no ham handed approach like multiple changes at once which we have had. But this is off topic and can be argued/raged about in multiple other topics.

#24 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:27 AM

.......................hahahaha I love my work

#25 Boldar

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGlinde

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

If you really want to strengthen the clans try lowering the tonnage for both sides to 230 tons. The IS heavies are better than the clan heavies, but the mediums are more balanced. (Warning: I am expressing my opinion, other opinions may differ)

Force IS (and clanners, of course) to use smaller mechs and see if balancing improves.

#26 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:03 AM

View PostBoldar, on 27 January 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

If you really want to strengthen the clans try lowering the tonnage for both sides to 230 tons. The IS heavies are better than the clan heavies, but the mediums are more balanced. (Warning: I am expressing my opinion, other opinions may differ)

Force IS (and clanners, of course) to use smaller mechs and see if balancing improves.

IS heavies better than clan Heavies?
Seriously? IS has no 75 tonners that compete with Tiberwolf.
Hellbringer has ECM and Ebon Jag is a damn good chassis for a 65 Tonner.
IS only saving grace is the 65 tons Thunderbolt that is getting nerfed regularly. Quickdraw are nice but suffer from XL. Good Jager builds also suffer from XL. Orion is a joke unfortunately, Catapult is not useful in CW, Dragon 1N have been nerfed (and XL) Cataphracts have low mounts or XL or both, Grasshopper is huge and has XL, Black knight is too big and low mounts,.

#27 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:08 PM

Drop clan to 10 mechs and up the limit, I have been told this is closer to the lore of 2 x 5 man stars.

#28 Terrastras Rex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTerrawna

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:50 AM

I think a per-planet dropdeck limit is the wisest way to increase variation of dropdecks.

Due to atmospheric pressure/gravity waves(confirmed!)/system peculiarities/bad weather there could be a range of 230-270 in 10ton increments. This will keep everyone on their toes when selecting a deck before a CW match. [5 possible planetary limits]

If you think this is a lore foul, It can be explained by the Dropship needing to take on extra equipment to deal w the local conditions.

I think this would be preferable to the CW drop limit changing all the time.
Devs can tweak a planet's limit and they will get less outcry than tweaking the galaxy's drop limit. =D

Edited by Terrastras Rex, 12 February 2016 - 06:55 AM.

#29 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:59 AM

View PostTerrastras Rex, on 12 February 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

I think a per-planet dropdeck limit is the wisest way to increase variation of dropdecks.

Due to atmospheric pressure/gravity waves(confirmed!)/system peculiarities/bad weather there could be a range of 230-270 in 10ton increments. This will keep everyone on their toes when selecting a deck before a CW match. [5 possible planetary limits]

If you think this is a lore foul, It can be explained by the Dropship needing to take on extra equipment to deal w the local conditions.

I think this would be preferable to the CW drop limit changing all the time.
Devs can tweak a planet's limit and they will get less outcry than tweaking the galaxy's drop limit. =D

I like this idea in broad strokes, but the dropdeck selection would need a bit of refining if you had to tailor it every time you dropped. If you click on a planet, and instantly get a match, you onoy have that minute to try to figure out a deck that's appropriate for the map, and for the tonnage...

If we could get a dropdeck save function, so we could switch between decks we've already setup, it would be less of a problem...

#30 Phadrus Corpus

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:55 PM

what about the new FW tonnage as of December 2016 ????
it's worse yet.

Clan can't win in Scout now, unless pugs gives it to em !!!

and the Tonnage disparity in Faction is unfathomable ???

#31 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:09 PM

View PostPhadrus Corpus, on 27 December 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

it's worse yet.

Way to necro a year old thread.

Silly clammer, you're crying in the wrong place.

And you're wrong to boot.

#32 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:49 AM

Should be some kind of forum ban for necroing threads in this way.

#33 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:32 AM

1st, do not blame the necroperson Posted Image PGI forum search engine brings up the OLDEST thread first. That is why so many old threads have been brought back to life Posted Image

View PostPhadrus Corpus, on 27 December 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

it's worse yet.

History lesson

Merc units switched from Clan to IS, severe population imbalance to say the least, leaving primarily Clan pugs and a few loyalist units. Many mercs went FRR. The Clans were driven back to having only a few worlds each.

But why the switch? Advantage. What better way to try new things while not at a severe risk of losing, knowing most other mercs will also go IS, leaving the seals?
  • Dec-2015 Massive Skill Reduction % across the board, ERLM/smaller Clan Energy weapons max range halfed, loss of C-XL torso/speed reduction
  • PGI has been playing with CW/FP tonnage differences as a bandaid.
  • IS mech quirks % changed from specific weapon to general weapon quirk
  • Dec 15-2015 Black Knight becomes available for MC purchase and it had some serious quirks, especially structural quirks, BLR-6-KNT 23ct/16st 12arms/16legs, then energy range 20% and energy heat/cooldown 10%. Accel/Decel/Turn speed 35% Torso yaw speed 25%.
  • Other BK had similar setups but the big one BL-7-KNT-L with Energy Range 20%, Laser Duration 15%, Energy heat gen 10% plus the above structural quirks, fielding a gaggle of isMPL
    • BK previous structural quirks were 6arms/8st only and 8legs while the energy quirks were low or did not exist for that specific mech.

And it is in that weight range where it could run a STD and still be fast enough, while an isXL gave it a decent speed boost.
    • Have a coordinated unit fielding @ least 2 lances per round with focus firing, it was devastating especially vs green Clan or pugs.
  • Another mech that stood out were the Blackjacks. They had more structural quirks than the Black Knight (chuckles) 28ct, 22st and 24arms and some 24legs with some sick energy quirks.
Patch notes Dec 1st 2015, in the middle of the page is the quirk PDF link.

https://mwomercs.com...38-01-dec-2015/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 December 2016 - 05:21 AM.

#34 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:11 AM

At least this was necro'd for all the whiners about having to change their DD composition due to weight changes...

...It's nothing new...

#35 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 26 January 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

<div><font face="Stratum1 Medium" size="3">Greetings MechWarriors,</font></div><div>
</div><div><font face="Stratum1 Medium" size="3">Inner Sphere DropShip division Commanders have instituted the following change to their Faction Play tonnage limits:</font></div><div>
</div><div><font size="3" face="Stratum1 Bold">All Inner Sphere Factions:</font><font face="Stratum1 Medium" size="3"> DropDeck tonnage limits have been decreased from 265 tonnes to 260 tonnes until further notice.</font></div><div><font face="Stratum1 Medium" size="3">
</font></div><div><span style="font-size: medium;"><font face="Stratum1 Bold">All Clan Factions:</font></span><span style="font-family: 'Stratum1 Medium'; font-size: medium;"> DropDeck tonnage limits remain unchanged at 260 tonnes.</span></div>

My DropShip Commander tells me that ClanTech drop decks are limited to 240 tons, not 260

#36 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 28 December 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

My DropShip Commander tells me that ClanTech drop decks are limited to 240 tons, not 260

This is and *OLD* thread someone necro'd.... carry on....

#37 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:29 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 28 December 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

This is and *OLD* thread someone necro'd.... carry on....

Doh!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users