#21 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:05 AM

View Post627, on 26 January 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

Not really caring about questions, to be true.
Someone remembering the great threat from homeless bill last time? basically he was right with everything.
First, people will ask all kind of stupid questions - be it *drink* or obvious ones or my personal favorite, disguised insults and demanding things.
On top there will be questions that PGI can't or don't want to answer, so you'll get a cookie with something like soon, maybe, looking into and the like.
I'd say they should internally gather some infos they are willing to share and just report those to us. And if someone has questions to those infos he can ask in chat for clarification.
All these other questions will only make this longer but I bet 10 cbills you won't get any answer that brings something new or surprising to the table.

The most effective way of answering questions that the community wanted answered was the Ask the Devs, really. People asked questions and then people voted. Of course, there was some bias for the early birds who posted early in the thread. You can't really avoid something like that. But ultimately, you got some idea of what issues the community wanted to talk about.

You could say that the forum represents a vocal minority. But the people on the forum probably make up 95% of the people you'll see active in a Twitch Townhall Meeting anyway, so it's not exactly an improvement in that regard. Except you throw in some Reddit familiars who have been banned from the forum.

You could say that it was a lot more work for PGI. But really, all it took was scrolling through the thread to note which posts got more likes, picking out the top 10 and then filtering out the ones that were unconstructive. I can't imagine that took more than 15 minutes.

The transition from AtD to Townhall with a forum thread with no system, where NGNG basically picked the questions they decided, to this new Townhall with live chat only... it's hard to see this as anything other than a desire to interact with the community as little as possible. Because I really don't see any arguments for how it's better. Is it because they want more people to support NGNG on Twitch, is that the idea? I don't get it. If there are any white knights who can explain this to me, I'd be happy to get a new perspective.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 27 January 2016 - 09:02 AM.

#22 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:13 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 27 January 2016 - 12:05 AM, said:

The most effective way of answering questions that the community wanted answered was the Ask the Devs, really. People asked questions and then people voted. Of course, there was some bias for the early birds who posted early in the thread. You can't really avoid something like that. But ultimately, you got some idea of what issues the community wanted to talk about.

You could say that the forum represents a vocal minority. But the people on the forum probably make up 95% of the people you'll see active in a Twitch Townhall Meeting anyway, so it's not exactly an improvement in that regard. Except you throw in some Reddit familiars who have been banned from the forum.

You could say that it was a lot more work for PGI. But really, all it took was scrolling through the thread to note which posts got more likes, picking out the top 10 and then filtering out the ones that were unconstructive. I can't imagine that took more than 15 minutes.

The transition from AtD to Townhall with a forum thread with no system, where NGNG basically picked the questions they decided, to this new Townhall with live chat only... it's hard to see this as a desire to interact with the community as little as possible. Because I really don't see any arguments for how it's better. Is it because they want more people to support NGNG on Twitch, is that the idea? I don't get it. If there are any white knights who can explain this to me, I'd be happy to get a new perspective.

While you are right with this, most of the AtDs where kind of shallow either, especially the later ones where everyone was going full ****** on PGI's decisions.

Communication was never handled well by PGI, not even today. I mean has anyone seen our community manager recently?

On the other side, even if it is bad, at least we have some kind of connection to the devs with this and twitter and so like.

If I look at some other games, even indy games with a loyal community, where the player gets no info on the game whatsoever or what the devs plan, do or don't do... here, we get a minimum viable communication at least. Posted Image

#23 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:25 AM

View Post627, on 27 January 2016 - 12:13 AM, said:

While you are right with this, most of the AtDs where kind of shallow either, especially the later ones where everyone was going full ****** on PGI's decisions.
Communication was never handled well by PGI, not even today. I mean has anyone seen our community manager recently?
On the other side, even if it is bad, at least we have some kind of connection to the devs with this and twitter and so like.
If I look at some other games, even indy games with a loyal community, where the player gets no info on the game whatsoever or what the devs plan, do or don't do... here, we get a minimum viable communication at least. Posted Image

This is true. To be honest, my frame of references is rather limited. Most of the computer games I've played, I never cared to be part of the community. I posted on the SWTOR forums for a while, but stopped shortly after the game was released. Strictly speaking, MWO and Star Citizen are the only games that I've followed very closely, and this makes comparisons with SC come easy. The difference is, of course, that Star Citizen hasn't actually been released. So I may not get a good comparison until CIG either releases Squadron 42 or the Star Citizen PU goes live.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 27 January 2016 - 12:25 AM.

#24 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:35 AM

I'm ready Russ.
Posted Image

#25 Exard3k

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:40 AM

2:00 AM? Seriously? Posted Image I'm from Germany and either drunk or asleep at this time on fridays.

Will the townhall be on Youtube on Saturday?

Edited by Exard3k, 27 January 2016 - 12:45 AM.

#26 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:46 AM

View PostExard3k, on 27 January 2016 - 12:40 AM, said:

2:00 AM? Seriously? Posted Image

Will the townhall be on Youtube the next day?

it usualy takes about 2 days for it to show up on youtube, but then again those have been during the week, I am expecting it will probably be Tuesday before it is available, someone usualy does take notes and have them up the morning (UK time) but I much prefer listening to the Town hall than reading to the notes.

#27 Gordon Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 348 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:45 AM

Must be time for another mech pack sale.

#28 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:54 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 26 January 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

so EU players have no realistic options to ask questions, I like listening to the town hall meatings when they are available a few days later, but it is a bit dissapointing to know that no EU players will have a chance to ask questions unless they are prepared to be online at 2-5am

so why not organize a little, there's a thread in GD that specifically asks for Euro player questions for the meeting ;)

View Post627, on 27 January 2016 - 12:13 AM, said:

^^^

PGI desperately needs someone to interact more often on the forums here, post moderated and official threads for input, questions, feedback, etc.

The forums and website are feeling more and more like an empty echo chamber.

#29 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:56 AM

View PostSandpit, on 27 January 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

so why not organize a little, there's a thread in GD that specifically asks for Euro player questions for the meeting Posted Image

yes there is but there was not when I made that post

#30 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:00 AM

I know that they're not taking questions from this thread, but frankly, I don't care. Just to post it for reference, again. Maybe someone else can ask during the town hall for me, please? At least it's nice to see that other people are also supporting the issue.

The question:
I cordially ask, again, when will the Flamer receive its reengineering? I realize we've gotten the running answer for over 2 years now about how the flamer "needs" visual updating before you bother to make it a fully functional and viable weapon. On the other hand, we've also been told that the art team is swamped with a backlog of mech related items. So, can we please get around to making the flamer a fully functional and viable weapon since it seems as though the art team is not going to be able to get around to that flamer modification any time soon?

I mean, we've been fed that line for 2 years now, about the visuals, and were told last town hall that it'd be looked into during the rebalancing. Surprise!!!! It hasn't happened. I might sound bitter at this point. Well, that's because I am. I try to maintain civility, courtesy, and respect. However, when you get ignored for so long, you become more and more willing to spend money elsewhere. At this point I'm already looking at taking the money I've scraped and saved for gaming "fun money" and spending it elsewhere. I want to throw it at PGI, I really do, because I love the MechWarrior franchise. However, I'm getting really close to just giving up and walking away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View PostMcgral18, on 26 January 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

Remember, 4 year anniversary of useless Flamers coming up.
I hope that question isn't skipped over, like anything important generally is.

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 26 January 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

FLAMERS RUSS, FLAMERS!!

Both of you good sirs are awesome people! That just needed to be said.

#31 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:10 AM

Why not host this on your own twitch and use your own team to do the questions

You can also stop showing favouritism to some players well casting off a great many other players

Edited by hybrid black, 27 January 2016 - 09:10 AM.

#32 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:10 AM

Do you wanna buy a mechpack?
You know you want to ride some new mechs around the same old CW halls
I think these new mechs are overdue
I've started a sale just for you
just open your wallet
(No one wants to drive you anymore Atlas!)
It gets a little lonely
All these CW empty rooms,
Just us here at PGI thinking of the all new mechs you should buy........

#33 Irishtoker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn a hole at the bottom of the Nexus.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 27 January 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

just open your wallet
It gets a little lonely

Bravo! about time someone busted a few lines.

#34 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

I'm going to be nagging them about the following:

When will PGI employees & paid consultants (aka NGNG) start playing their own end-game?
When will PGI employees & paid consultants (aka NGNG) stop the name&shaming of certain Units on social media?
What did Bombadil mean in the match last night when he told someone "Your unit is now on the watch list..."???

I'm getting concerned about how they're treating some of their customers w/o even understanding their own game.

#35 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:02 AM

View PostHydrocarbon, on 27 January 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

I'm going to be nagging them about the following:

When will PGI employees & paid consultants (aka NGNG) start playing their own end-game?
When will PGI employees & paid consultants (aka NGNG) stop the name&shaming of certain Units on social media?
What did Bombadil mean in the match last night when he told someone "Your unit is now on the watch list..."???

I'm getting concerned about how they're treating some of their customers w/o even understanding their own game.

As I have said many times PGI has double standards

Thy favour some players that abuse the extra power they are given, punish other players for things that they do.

They alienate a great deal of there players that are people that have given them money since day one and still do.

PGI even goes out of there way to isolate individual units and players.

Russ blames big units for wrecking CW, when CW is broken to start with and we are just playing what he gave us.

They pass the blame of everything on to anyone they can and have never taken the blame for anything. And they did well for a little bit with IGP leaving but are now going back to how they use to be and blaming everyone but them self.

Edited by hybrid black, 27 January 2016 - 06:23 PM.

#36 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:08 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 27 January 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

just open your wallet
It gets a little lonely

Great. That song. Now in my head again. Thanks Tom.
On the other hand, if I am out voted on family movie night and am forced to watch Frozen again, it will at least make me think of mech warrior.

#37 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

<looks into crystal ball>

I see a mechpack for sale ... I see some dodged questions from the live chat ... I see CW in 90 days ... everything will be fixed Soontm ...

<collapses from interacting with the spirit world>

That will be 45 bucks.

#38 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 26 January 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

Once again, my questions about the Quads will remain unanswered (not that they'd even give the answer i want if they did answer, hahaha)

I seem to remember a long time ago in a Town Hall they answered that with a definitive "No" to quad mechs. I could be remembering wrong....

#39 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 27 January 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

I seem to remember a long time ago in a Town Hall they answered that with a definitive "No" to quad mechs. I could be remembering wrong....

^^
Was answered in the first Townhall IIRC

Not going to happen because (insert technical reason and programming). I don't remember what the specific reasons given were, but I remember that it's not something they can do.

#40 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:37 AM

I wonder if they'd ever stoop to include vehicles in the game as playable options. Anyone know if that's been asked before? With Hare Brained doing updated art for vehicles it could be a way to share some art resources. Just one of the wilder ideas that's floated around my head of late Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users