Payback Ii Event Updated!

168 replies to this topic

#41 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

At this point I am thoroughly convinced that PGI can't do anything right the people here...

The way I see it is this, PGI doesn't have to do anything, yet they continue to do so...frankly, I think we should be thankful for that.

#42 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:38 PM

View Postshaterbane, on 27 January 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

My only concern is that with the vast majority of the prizes gated behind a pay wall that it violates my state's anti-gambling laws.

Except the only gamble is in your mind. When you pay for early access to mechs there is no gamble.

#43 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

Thanks PGI. While the +1M CBills aren't that much, the additional +20% earnings on will add up nicely.

Those complaining about "pay to win" really need to look up the definition of what "Pay to win" is.

There is noting in this event that will help any paying customer win any match over any non-paying customer. This is more like a loyalty program, where people who have spent money with PGI get an additional reward.

There's nothing wrong - and there's lots right - with that.

#44 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:46 PM

Seriously....enough with the QQ already. I only have 3 of those mechs and I will GLADLY take my 4 million C-bills PLUS the winnings or in some cases the losing of the matches and save up for some shiny new mechs. I've dropped more then my fair share of dimes on this game and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. The game isn't perfect, far from it, but it's fun and I get to blow up some big stompy mechs!

#45 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostSorcim, on 27 January 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

COUGH COUGH... My JR7-D(S) variant feels a little ABANDONED!!!! What NO love for a Sarah's Jenner??? That's it, she's turning into BLOODY SARAH and killing everything!!!!

On a side note, bring back the Sarah Jenner. I would buy ten of them, just to show my support for cancer treatment research.

#46 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:55 PM

View PostTavious Grimm, on 27 January 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

....save up for some shiny new mechs.

Good point. There are some excellent Mechs on 35% off sale at the moment.

I bought an additional BLR-1G so I can keep two of them in different loadouts.

#47 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:05 PM

event is meh but they might do something better next week :) (hope i don't jinx it now) And they'll probably host a rifleman tournament sometime (cant wait because its my 1st mechpack :D)

#48 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:43 PM

During the Division beta weekend this event is too lacklustre.

#49 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:22 AM

It's like your past purchases don't matter. It's like even Marauder collectors don't matter. Only Warhammer. Why??out Turns out they do. And all those special "PRIME" variants of clan mechs we paid so much for? Don't matter. Gotta have the Steam version!

These events are horribly designed. Just make it a Steam mech event next time and you willl suffer much less bad PR. I wouldn't care less if it was a Steam event - nice, I wish all the best for our new players! But don't mix things and make complicated exclusives based on your newest products, it's cheap and dirty.

Either make it for all special variants across the board (all premium classic mechs and any same premium clan mechs as those are exactly the same as the Steam versions) or just make it special event for Steam buyers only and everyone will be happy. But now it's a mess. Why doesn't Marauder count? I just don't get it. And is Steam SCH-PRIME somehow different from my collectors SCH-PRIME, why is Steam version better? We paid dearly for these...

So let me make this clear - you pay premium for early access of a Classic mech, but you only get one (1) special event to earn some bonus with it, and next month it is completely forgotten, unless you buy the next pack? Again, what was I looking at.

You know what PGI, I am canceling my Rifleman package right now. Keeping it.

If this was Steam only event I would applaud that, but the way it is now it feels dirty (you only get rewarded for buying products released in last few months). Customer appreciation, ya right... More like preferential treatment. But I still think Steam mechs should get their own event. I don't like having the same variants mixed with my (I) collection being unrecognized. You could just call it Steam event and it would be fine.

Edited by NeoCodex, 28 January 2016 - 01:47 AM.

#50 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:38 AM

Sheesh, for all those complaining about "I paid for Mechpack X but dont get anything!!!11ONE"

Marauder
https://mwomercs.com...t=201509payback
Clan Wave 3
https://mwomercs.com...ts?t=201506wave
Clan Wave 1 and 2 (including Gold Mechs)
https://mwomercs.com...ts?t=201505clan
Founders
https://mwomercs.com...nts?t=201505flb

Sorry, couldnt find one for the Sahra Jenner though... OK. Give us that one! (Even though I dont own one but would probably buy one if it were re-released for another cancer fundraiser).

I only posted the ones which I noted in this thread.. but as far as I can see, every single pack has received some sort of special event at one time or another (Including the Urbie).

So in the end.. Suck it up special buttercups. This is not a pay to win event (Maybe a pay to earn a little more), not every pack will be in every event each time and it certainly has absolutely nothing to do with any anti-gambling laws... whoever posted that particular gem of lmao-ness really needs to read the laws which he/she is attempting to invoke.

#51 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:44 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 28 January 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

Sheesh, for all those complaining about "I paid for Mechpack X but dont get anything!!!11ONE"

Marauder
https://mwomercs.com...t=201509payback
Clan Wave 3
https://mwomercs.com...ts?t=201506wave
Clan Wave 1 and 2 (including Gold Mechs)
https://mwomercs.com...ts?t=201505clan
Founders
https://mwomercs.com...nts?t=201505flb

Sorry, couldnt find one for the Sahra Jenner though... OK. Give us that one! (Even though I dont own one but would probably buy one if it were re-released for another cancer fundraiser).

I only posted the ones which I noted in this thread.. but as far as I can see, every single pack has received some sort of special event at one time or another (Including the Urbie).

So in the end.. Suck it up special buttercups. This is not a pay to win event (Maybe a pay to earn a little more), not every pack will be in every event each time and it certainly has absolutely nothing to do with any anti-gambling laws... whoever posted that particular gem of lmao-ness really needs to read the laws which he/she is attempting to invoke.

It doesn't matter. Marauder should count as valid for these events too. What was I looking at. It does!

It gives purchasing of a collector variant a real value, and maybe someone will upgrade his basic to collector (I don't have collector, but I feel sorry for the guys who do - they deserve this) as these events for Classic mechs keep comming. But this event is only rewarding for buying products released in last 30 days, and everything behind that doesn't count. Classic mechs are mentioned in the description, and Marauder is a Classic mech to Yeah, I was blind.

And if they are talking about customer appreciation, it wouldn't hurt to give that overvalued piece of Clan tech some recognition as it's basically the same variant as in the Steam version. It's the way they are calling this that makes this wrong. It's a mixed "Payback" whatever event. If this would be Steam only event or Origins only that would make sense and all backlash would be avoided. But don't mix things. This is not about cbills, which I have enough of. It's about principles and good ethics, which these poorly planned events love to break or else we wouldn't have people complaining here and yes I did cancel my next preorder because of this. PGI needs to learn. Changed my mind and kept it since Marauder is on the list.

Edited by NeoCodex, 28 January 2016 - 01:40 AM.

#52 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:54 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 28 January 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

It doesn't matter. Marauder should count as valid for these events too. It gives purchasing of a collector variant a real value, and maybe someone will upgrade his basic to collector (I don't have collector, but I feel sorry for the guys who do - they deserve this) as these events for Classic mechs keep comming. But this event is only rewarding for buying products released in last 30 days, and everything behind that doesn't count. Classic mechs are mentioned in the description, and Marauder is a Classic mech too.

As I said if this would be Steam only event or Origins only that would make sense. But don't mix things.

from the above linked event where teh Maruader was included already;

Marauder Collection owners (of any tier) will also receive a reward of 5 MC per qualifying match in addition to the C-Bill reward, up to a maximum of 600 MC! The Public Queue and Community Warfare Queue count toward the same maximum amount of achievable MC.

You already got your Marauder Mech event and you even got MCs for it instead of only 1m Cbills (Which can be made with a few good games) link in this event.

I really do not see the problem with PGI awarding players for giving them money... why should they give Marauder buyers more because they bought their packs at an earlier date as opposed to someone who spent the exact same amount later on a different pack?

#53 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:04 AM

Wait, did they just add the Marauder to the list or did we miss it earlier?

#54 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:13 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 28 January 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

Been there the whole time.

#55 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:17 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 28 January 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

gahh... what have we been discussing this whole time then? I think we should both learn to read before we type something in the forums :D .

#56 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:29 AM

I'm pretty sure there was only Warhammer listed for this event last time I checked or I wouldn't bother writing all this and Rushin kept linking me the old Marauder event from last year, if it was included in this event we wouldn't be discussing or linking the first one.

#57 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:36 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 28 January 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure there was only Warhammer listed for this event last time I checked or I wouldn't bother writing all this and Rushin kept linking me the old Marauder event from last year, if it was included in this event we wouldn't be discussing or linking the first one.

Well as far as I know it was there at 4pm my time. I logged in to hurry and throw down a match before work. It is now 230 am my time. So yeah been there at least 9 - 10 hrs.

#58 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:39 AM

I am so ********. Well, having Marauder on the list it seems fair. I hope they include it in Payback 3 and 4 events as well. This is a nice addition for Collector buyers. Yeah, BH doesn't get one but you got a special variant, which is better on it's own.

Edited by NeoCodex, 28 January 2016 - 01:43 AM.

#59 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:40 AM

View Postmikerso, on 27 January 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

Thank you PGI for the free mil, I will work on my mad, rvn- 3l(s), and ach (s) to get those too.

Here is part of a post of mine earlier in the thread. Mad 3r (s) is the mad I was referring to.

#60 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:46 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 28 January 2016 - 01:39 AM, said:

I am so ********. Well, having Marauder on the list it seems fair. I hope they include it in Payback 3 and 4 events as well. This is a nice addition for Collector buyers. Yeah, BH doesn't get one but you got a special variant, which is better on it's own.

Love my bh. Favorite mad. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users