• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:37 PM

Cumulative awards for the following items;

Narcing,
Tag assists,
Uav assists,
Sticking with your lance (whatever its called)
Spotting assist,

Basically all the the awards you get for contributing towards helping the team - a competition based on teamwork and not just securing your own kills!

Maybe make it more interesting, add in a component where if a player gets a kill from your spotting assist and or tag/uav lock then you get a bonus award, they also get a reward.

#2 PaxMacharia

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

Like the Idea might give out team based challenge rewards like UAV's (maybe even a few imprived ones)
I don't know if it would be possible but maybe even the narc module as a final award (not the unlock but a unit, but since it's rather expensive I don't think we will see something like it)
That could help with establishing group roles as support mechs since narc is rarely seen in pug games

#3 InsaneRotta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInside a cheap barely functioning dropship.

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:25 AM

I like it!

#4 Stealth 1S1K

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:21 PM

Yes that would be awesome.
as a light scout running around I often focus on the team assist more than doing the dmg myself
which penalises me in most all challenges when I might get a score around 80.

cmon make scouts a worthwhile role.

#5 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:58 PM

Let's do it PGI! :D

#6 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:18 AM

Right hand ?
Left hand ?
Freehanded ?

Just hand it over, will ya ? ^^

My stupidity and pubertal jokes aside, the idea is +1 .
Maybe add
"Assaults: How they are meant to be played " for assaults tanking damage while lighter mechs do what they should be doing and not the other way around since there is that still extremely disturbing school of letting lights and mediums tank instead of the fatties that just hang back and lob an occasional insult .

"Flexible" for not moving to the same spot each and every time .

"Nascar-prevention" for counter-nascaring into an enemy or just using some cover and firing lines to greet the incoming nascars accordingly ... with flame and bolter...errr, spent electrons, lasurs, gausses, dakka, Surms and Lurms ...

"If those eyes were shooting lasers, there´d only be smoking boots/mech-corpses left" OFC the occasional staring-to-death/ramming-to-death match because no weapons left on both sides (yep, I recently had a match like dat with 1 remaining stick for my team and 3 remaining sticks on the enemies team ... hilarious close-combat ramming tries for over 5 minutes, removing half-points of internal armour per succesful ramming maneuver since all 4 participants were crit all over their mechs . Time ran out before one of the four died, still such an awesome and remarkable end I am forced to snigger and giggle when remembering i )

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 10 February 2016 - 05:19 AM.

#7 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:28 PM

Well as far as views/likes go in the event suggestion page, were not doing too bad!!

Posted Image

#8 WhisperZzar

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:30 PM

This is a great idea. +1

The tactical advantages that scouts bring to the team are not given as rewards to the pilot of the the light mech.
Having these awards/bonuses would certainly help in closing the disparity between the weight classes in regards to match scores.

This is suposed to be a team game, and running a light mech can certainly assist the team heaps, but as Stealth points out, the rewards are not worth the effort.

#9 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:45 AM

An even better idea would be to at last reward the scouts in every-&/§$§-match, not only once during a weekend. Ramping up damage done by shooting off arms (in an Assault-sniper) grants more exp than a good scouting game, marking targets, splitting the enemy group etc. Of course the former is easier to track, but something has to change, to make light mechs viable popular. Lights get punished for killing enemies by shooting them in the back (less damage done, d'oh!), that's pretty unfair.

Also: A light-mech-apprceiation-weekend is a good start, but too one sided (what with all not-lights-players?).
A broader event like Red hanzo hinted at, with specific goals for weight classes would have better chances to be implemented at PGI.

Just my 2 cbills.

#10 Madrummer

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:12 AM

Cool idea. To further note, we really need to get a bonus implemented for just plain old NARCing enemies. I mean, if UAV gets a damage award, why doesn't a NARC? It's harder to get off and requires you to take up valuable tonnage and a missile hard point, and even poses possible critsplosion risks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users