Marik Teamspeak

7 replies to this topic

#1 brandnewb

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

I am just a PUG passing through on my quest for Mechbays. I wanted to point out that this is the first house I have been in that did not have a readily available Teamspeak thread pinned to the front page.

I have been having to drop all my runs PUG and cant team up with anyone. I went on your dedicated House Marik webpage and spent some time looking and could not find a teamspeak address.

My suggestion is pin a thread with the Marik teamspeak right here. I am sure you are losing players who go join another house because it was too hard to team up for drops here.

Thanks!
Newb

#2 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:30 PM

Did you sign up on the House Marik site, Newb?

By creating a MWO Enjin character and signing up, you get straight access to the TS server.

#3 Fryepod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 111 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUpstate, New York

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

http://housemarik.enjin.com/

When you make an account with us Mariks, you are prompted to use a website currency to buy FWLM (Free World League Militia) tags, which will recognize you as an official member of the Marik house. At the bottom right of the page there is a microphone icon with a general number above it. Click on this and you will be directed to Teamspeak. Once in teamspeak ask an administration to give you your FWLM tags for TS and then you can play around on TS then browse the website for potential units to apply to.

-[SPRH] Marik Division.

#4 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:34 PM

I just logged in to post a message about recruiting. I was thinking earlier today that it is harder for PUGS to find units to join. The public group queue is separate (good thing) and there is talk of CW in the future separating out groups from PUGS. I found myself wondering how I would find and choose a unit when I would only see individuals from the unit play and never see the team play unless I could find one other person to join up with for group public queue.

Not to steal this topic, but I am finding my self not in favor of separating out groups and PUGS in CW. (I'll go post in another thread this topic.)

Thanks Fryepod for posting the link, even though I am a little unsure of your allegiance currently.

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 29 January 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

I just logged in to post a message about recruiting. I was thinking earlier today that it is harder for PUGS to find units to join. The public group queue is separate (good thing) and there is talk of CW in the future separating out groups from PUGS. I found myself wondering how I would find and choose a unit when I would only see individuals from the unit play and never see the team play unless I could find one other person to join up with for group public queue.

Not to steal this topic, but I am finding my self not in favor of separating out groups and PUGS in CW. (I'll go post in another thread this topic.)

Thanks Fryepod for posting the link, even though I am a little unsure of your allegiance currently.

The problem?

Getting a lot of the players to put aside their cynicism and apathy to do things like bug Russ on Twitter and post in threads on the forums is rough.

Complain to Russ. On Twitter. Daily.

That's what everyone else who gets what they want seems to do.

No apathy or cynicism there, that's just realistically what it seems to require in order to get Russ to listen to you.

#6 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:25 AM

View PostSandpit, on 01 February 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

The problem?

Getting a lot of the players to put aside their cynicism and apathy to do things like bug Russ on Twitter and post in threads on the forums is rough.

Complain to Russ. On Twitter. Daily.

That's what everyone else who gets what they want seems to do.

No apathy or cynicism there, that's just realistically what it seems to require in order to get Russ to listen to you.

I have mixed feelings about this.

1) I finally found a use for Twitter.
2) It is very cool to talk directly to the "man in charge."
3) I can understand the opinion that it is listened disproportionately.
4) It does allow a quick dialog on short topics (usually),

Should there be an "Ask Russ" thread in Forums? Is it better placed there, or is Twitter the right social medium?

#7 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:39 AM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 01 February 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

I have mixed feelings about this.

1) I finally found a use for Twitter.
2) It is very cool to talk directly to the "man in charge."
3) I can understand the opinion that it is listened disproportionately.
4) It does allow a quick dialog on short topics (usually),

Should there be an "Ask Russ" thread in Forums? Is it better placed there, or is Twitter the right social medium?

Twitter should be used to expand communication, not the sole means, but regardless that's what Russ has chosen to use.

I'd suggest simply spamming MWO, Russ, PGI, and any other "official" PGI account with your ideas and complaints.

I've always been a firm defender of using forums to communicate ideas, but they just aren't taken seriously by PGI. They're nothing but a required ech chamber. They aren't here to build a community, they're here because it's obligatory to have a website to sign up on, collect emails for newsletters, and forums for people to argue with one another while being largely ignored, dismissed, or treated with open disdain.

#8 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:38 PM

View PostSandpit, on 01 February 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

I've always been a firm defender of using forums to communicate ideas, but they just aren't taken seriously by PGI. They're nothing but a required ech chamber. They aren't here to build a community, they're here because it's obligatory to have a website to sign up on, collect emails for newsletters, and forums for people to argue with one another while being largely ignored, dismissed, or treated with open disdain.

Ugh... I was not listening. Did you respond?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users