Chat Window

6 replies to this topic

#1 Sunzu Sonoma

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:21 PM

is it possible to maintain it when i want to chat and someone dies during the match?
no
make it possible, basic stuff
thank you

#2 XM15

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:15 PM

The Chat window is so broken. It has been since the start. How about taking a day or two break from designing new mechs and fix this. I am sick of starting to type only to have it go away when the screen changes. This is the only game I know of that has this issue. Come on guys, fix it!!

#3 ionzu

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:02 AM

Lol yes, the chat window is so ********. I think PGI knows, and is like "ok we can make it worse... better not touch it", no ?

I'm sure it's on someone's to-do list. In the mean time, we can keep pointing it out and laughing at how bad it is.

Your messages get cut if you're typing when :
- the match starts after the timer reaches zero
- you get killed
- you got killed and started spectating but the person you're spectating dies
- you're spectating and the match ends
- you're alive and the match ends

Basically every time the "camera" switches, you can forget that you were typing, cause it will at best come out in half

Also sometimes I manage to type something fully and upon pressing enter it... doesn't show up.

Come on list the other occurences where this joke chat jokes around ! Free mechbays, I'm sure !

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:37 AM

Yeah, this is some serious junk that keeps happening to me too. PGI needs to fix it, like 3 months ago. :angry:

~D. V. "Stop giving me new reasons to rip on you, PGI!" Devnull

#5 XM15

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

Yet I keep putting money into the game, because I really do enjoy it. I started playing MW back in the DOS days, loved it then too. It has great potential, but they really need to fix the little things.

#6 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

Getting cut off when you want to chat in a match is unacceptable. And if this were a poll, everyone would vote yes. It's ridiculous, just communicating to teammates can be a hassle and therefore the only useful type of communication available is voip. Could that seem any more dumb? Yet another tiny, tiny thing that seemed to go over PGI's heads during planning and development.

#7 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:59 AM

I personally think we need an all together better chat system – a whole chat system - how about PGI make a separate plug-in/program that runs along side of MWO, where it could be accessed from in the game, from in the UI, or from the desktop without the game running. It could house the entire community, units and individuals alike.

! ~ Community Access Point ~ We Need It. ~ !

Edited by Freebrth, 10 February 2016 - 11:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users