Analog Stick Configuration

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lone Ranger XVI

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:04 PM

Hello fellow Mechwarriors,

I'm sure this topic has been brought up before, but I still couldn't find my answer. I was hoping someone could help me. I'm (trying to) using my PS3 controller to play mechwarrior online. I'm using motioninjoy and I made a separate mode just for mechwarrior online. So far everything works. The buttons are configured for my weapons and mods. The left analog stick controls movement of my mech (forward backward left right). The only problem is my right analog stick. I want to use it to control torso movement but it won't work. The buttons are configured for the keyboard and the right analog stick is configured for the mouse. I tried it, but my torso won't move. What am I doing wrong? How could I bind it in the controller settings on mwo? Please help me! Thanks a lot again!

#2 Overlord Neb

• PipPipPip
  • Ironclad
  • Ironclad
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

Is there a reason you can't use Keyboard and Mouse for this? I've tried it with a Xbone controller and I SUCKED. You don't have the precision you can get with the mouse

#3 Lone Ranger XVI

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

Well, no but I wanted to use it cause I feel it would be easier. I'll take the fails if it sucks lol. I just really want to fix it

#4 Overlord Neb

• PipPipPip
  • Ironclad
  • Ironclad
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:48 PM

No like, you will do next to nothing. I've tried using a controller and I went from a average of 1 kill 6+ assists and 300-500 DMG to 50 DMG per game. It was abysmal. It will not be easier. Trust me on this.

If you really want to do this though you should be able to connect the ps3 controller using the program MotionInJoy
(link http://motioninjoy.en.uptodown.com/)

After doing that MWO should recognize the controller in the options menu of the game. Set up keys manually and you should be good to go!

Good luck, you'll need it... *sinister music*

Edited by Ghazzy, 02 February 2016 - 11:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users